[Q][Problem][efs][modem][IMEI]Restore efs, and miss the signal, IMEI 004999

Search This thread

x_x1_x

Apr 19, 2013
Dubai
Yesterday, I tried to restore my nandroid backup using TWRP which include (efs, modem, boot, cache, system, data) after that I miss the signal and I lost IMEI, it became 004999...

I tried to install latest official rom, and nothing happend, I tried DN3 RC2, and still not work.

Also I tried different modems and solutions in Q&A fourm and nothing?!!!

Whats wrong? How to solve this issue?

jy8y7y2a.jpg
qajavequ.jpg

Last edited:

m.b.jikre

Nov 30, 2012
Pune
Yesterday, I tried to restore my nandroid backup using TWRP which include (efs, modem, boot, system, data) after that I miss the signal and I lost IMEI, and serial number became 004999...

I tried to install official rom NC3 using odin which has NA3 modem, and nothing happend, I tried Leaked DN3 RC2 with NB4 modem, and newer leaked with NC2 modem, and still not work.

Also I tried different modems and solutions in Q&A fourm and nothing?!!!

Whats wrong? How to solve this issue?

jy8y7y2a.jpg
qajavequ.jpg
Flash your official firmware by downloading it from sampro.pl or sammobile.com, flash it with PC Odin under PDA tab.
After you done, don't let reboot your phone, goto recovery by pressing vol up+ menu key then power key(continuously hold it until your phone restarts, might be 4~8 secs.) Then check 'Wipe Cache Partition', and then reboot phone.

x_x1_x

Apr 19, 2013
Dubai
Flash your official firmware by downloading it from sampro.pl or sammobile.com, flash it with PC Odin under PDA tab.
After you done, don't let reboot your phone, goto recovery by pressing vol up+ menu key then power key(continuously hold it until your phone restarts, might be 4~8 secs.) Then check 'Wipe Cache Partition', and then reboot phone.

I already did that, and still not work
This is my official rom for United Arab Emirates.

GT-N7100TADXSG
PDA: N7100XXUENA1
CSC: N7100OJVENA1
Modem: N7100XXUENA3

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

m.b.jikre

Nov 30, 2012
Pune
You've EFS backup as you said above, restore efs separately from recovery (Use Philz touch) in which you've to choose 'Custom Job' to restore EFS Contents. Then flash any rom you wanted to and then just wipe the cache partition, wipe Dalvik cache and you're done.

And if above method won't work give a try with Mobile Odin Pro follow procedure which I've posted above.
Here is your official version: http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/3/?download=25809

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

x_x1_x

Apr 19, 2013
Dubai
You've EFS backup as you said above, restore efs separately from recovery (Use Philz touch) in which you've to choose 'Custom Job' to restore EFS Contents. Then flash any rom you wanted to and then just wipe the cache partition, wipe Dalvik cache and you're done.

And if above method won't work give a try with Mobile Odin Pro follow procedure which I've posted above.
Here is your official version: http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/3/?download=25809

Still not work

If I flash latest official KitKat version from Sammobile. Will this fix imei issue?

m.b.jikre

Nov 30, 2012
Pune
Still not work

If I flash latest official KitKat version from Sammobile. Will this fix imei issue?

Nope... You've to flash a specific (your area/country) firmware to make your modem work. Otherwise you'll not get IMEI back. You've made a EFS backup, right?

x_x1_x

Apr 19, 2013
Dubai
Nope... You've to flash a specific (your area/country) firmware to make your modem work. Otherwise you'll not get IMEI back. You've made a EFS backup, right?

Yes, I tried to restore it many times and no result.

I flashed latest 4.4.2 Frence from sammobile and still nothing

m.b.jikre

Nov 30, 2012
Pune
Yes, I tried to restore it many times and no result.

I flashed latest 4.4.2 Frence from sammobile and still nothing

Restore your EFS first, then flash any AOSP, CM based rom. At end wipe cache partition and Dalvik cache. Then reboot phone, wait don't setup your phone yet, again reboot your phone into recovery mode and then again clear cache and Dalvik cache and then reboot.
Use Philz Touch recovery, first must do 'Wipe data >> Clean to install a new rom'. I recommend you to use AOSB rom.

x_x1_x

Apr 19, 2013
Dubai
Restore your EFS first, then flash any AOSP, CM based rom. At end wipe cache partition and Dalvik cache. Then reboot phone, wait don't setup your phone yet, again reboot your phone into recovery mode and then again clear cache and Dalvik cache and then reboot.
Use Philz Touch recovery, first must do 'Wipe data >> Clean to install a new rom'. I recommend you to use AOSB rom.

1- Wipe data/factory reset (include system).
2- Restore EFS using Philz recovery.
3- Install AOSP rom + gapps.
4- Wipe cache and dalvik cache.
5- Reboot.
6- Welcome screen appear, didn't touch any thing.
7- Reboot again to recovery.
8- Wipe cache and dalvik cache.
9- Reboot.
10- Setup phone.
11- Nothing happend, same problem.

I used SlimKat rom & Omni rom, still no result ?

m.b.jikre

Nov 30, 2012
Pune
1- Wipe data/factory reset (include system).
2- Restore EFS using Philz recovery.
3- Install AOSP rom + gapps.
4- Wipe cache and dalvik cache.
5- Reboot.
6- Welcome screen appear, didn't touch any thing.
7- Reboot again to recovery.
8- Wipe cache and dalvik cache.
9- Reboot.
10- Setup phone.
11- Nothing happend, same problem.

I used SlimKat rom & Omni rom, still no result ?

Do you got your original IMEI?

driqbd

Apr 13, 2011
there's nothing you can do now. You have to use z3x or any other similar box to get ur imei back (rebuild nvdata). Even after having the correct IMEI you won't be able to make calls/texts/data (not registered on network error). The modem also needs to be patched by the box. If u don't have a box then take it to a phone repair shop. they'll fix it...but it's not permanent...the next time u flash a ROM you'll lose everything and take it to the shop again. EFS restore brings back the IMEI but the modem needs to be patched everytime u flash.

x_x1_x

Apr 19, 2013
Dubai
there's nothing you can do now. You have to use z3x or any other similar box to get ur imei back (rebuild nvdata). Even after having the correct IMEI you won't be able to make calls/texts/data (not registered on network error). The modem also needs to be patched by the box. If u don't have a box then take it to a phone repair shop. they'll fix it...but it's not permanent...the next time u flash a ROM you'll lose everything and take it to the shop again. EFS restore brings back the IMEI but the modem needs to be patched everytime u flash.

Do you mean that my phone is almost die??!!!!!

x_x1_x

Apr 19, 2013
Dubai

Hey @driqbd, I got the z3x box from someone, (Abid from Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, official z3x seller) what should I do now? Is there any tutorial in YouTube that can help me to fix the problem?

husokal

Sep 5, 2012
istanbul

How to patch modems btw?