[Q] HELP phone soft bricked

Search This thread

Vintage Element

Apr 28, 2011
Chicago
www.amway.com
Hello Everyone,

This is my situation.... I want Unrooting my Sprint S4 using Mobile Odin .... and now my phone only boots up to the Samsung Logo. On that screen it also says Recovery Booting however it turns off after 10 Secs. I can get my phone into download/odin mode but that is about it. I can not boot into recovery.

I would imagine someone either has experience or expertise on this matter.

PLEASE HELP

Thank you in advance,

V.E.

CatFood

May 13, 2013
If possible what bootloader, modem and ROM were/are you on, also do you care about tripping knox (or is it already).

Last edited:

daniel4653

Jul 10, 2010
Southern California
You have to wipe data to get it to boot. This will wipe EVERYTHING on internal memory. Or you could reroot and install install recovery over Odin and boot into recovery and wipe data which will be like wiping to do a clean Install for custom ROM install. Which wknr wipe everything. Once it boots up apply the stock unrooted tar via Odin with a COMPUTER.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Vintage Element

Apr 28, 2011
Chicago
www.amway.com
I HAD Twrp recover... Had CWM recovery... phones acting like it doesn't have custom recovery (pain in my ass.)..... thought i used rom manger to put cwm back on it.

IDK the modem

I was on a Slim ROM (which was giving me problem as well; Great Rom but it just recently kept crashing.)

I already tripped knox forsure ..... and dont care..... i wanted to get it on a stock kernel by unrooting (Wasnt as brillant as I thought)
Don't even know if thats it possible (If it is show me the promise land! :angel: I wanted root again so I could get triangle away working on root.

However that is how I got here. So getting my phone operational would be a win, start; challenge accepted! :good:

Vintage Element

Apr 28, 2011
Chicago
www.amway.com
s4 problems unite

You have to wipe data to get it to boot. This will wipe EVERYTHING on internal memory. Or you could reroot and install install recovery over Odin and boot into recovery and wipe data which will be like wiping to do a clean Install for custom ROM install. Which wknr wipe everything. Once it boots up apply the stock unrooted tar via Odin with a COMPUTER.

Oh and I dont mind if it deletes the internal memory..... I live on my external brah. :cyclops:

daniel4653

Jul 10, 2010
Southern California
Then if your phone is still stuck right now, boot into stock recovery and perform a factory reset and it should boot up. :) drink up!

Vintage Element

Apr 28, 2011
Chicago
www.amway.com
ruh roh.

Then if your phone is still stuck right now, boot into stock recovery and perform a factory reset and it should boot up. :) drink up!

How would i go about that ? How do i get into stock recovery? (Magical Recovery Combo GIVE ME THE SECRET! :p)

I cant boot into customer recovery mode(Volume UP+ Power +Home.. Combo...phone shuts off when i do that)

I can only get download mode.