[THEME] Buuf Taskbar/CHT2/Sense Icons - Dialer cab fixed .. More to come

Search This thread

sponge_worthy

May 11, 2007
Update : Uploaded Dialer Cabs - Let me know if Leo cab is fix for HD2 problems (Dec 22)
Update : Uploaded New Taskbar Cab (Dec 10)
Update : Uploaded CHT2 Icons and Sense package (Dec 9)

I have spent some considerable time to incorporate a Buuf theme on my phone and be able to switch between my Black and Blue Grill theme and this one. I like to have all my icons consistent everywhere I frequent my device. So I've either skinned or found an adequate one for the following places: Taskbar, WM 6.5.x theme, Phone Canvas, Thumbcal, psShutXP, S2U2, Notifcation screen, Sense 2.5, CHT2, Action Screen, and Resco Explorer. I think it is looking pretty good now.

I first will give create the the DrSrF team from this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=683771 for starting up the Buuf theme for WM. It looks like in the thread that they have abandoned the project though.

I also want to thank Paul Davey aka mattahan for creating the Buuf icons and sharing them here - http://mattahan.deviantart.com/gallery/

I also have used tsowen battery icons because they seemed to match this theme pretty well.

If I have taken some elses work and not given created, I apologize. Let me know and I will thank you as well. I don't want to take created for work I haven't done. I have spent a lot of time creating a lot of files to perfect the theme though.

First I'm going to share my taskbar and phone skin. I'll share the CHT2 icons and an all in one cab for other Sense 2.5 icons as I've added to the ones created by the DrSrF team by making them all consistent and skinning the submenus like music library, all tweets, people detail and all people lists. There are other places I've had to add icons for Sense, but I forget right now.

I'm not able to create a cab for the phone skin. It always bombs while trying to load, so you will have to manually copy those files from your SD Card to the Windows directory using Total Commander or Resco Explorer. I would suggest you make copies of the original files in the Windows directory for the ones I am providing in case you have a problem with them and need to go back to the originals.

I believe the phone canvas is for portrait only and will work on both VGA and WVGA devices. But don't quote me on that. I have a TP2 and only use the phone on portrait. I've worked out most of the kinks on the canvas, but the way the graphics are in the DLL I can't get it perfect. Close enough to enjoy though.

Anyway enjoy!

Taskbar Icons
taskbarj.png

Phone Canvas
dialer.png

CHT2 Icons
chticons.png

Sense Icons
sensescreen1.png

sensescreen2.png

Last edited:

El Diablo

Feb 16, 2008
Superb theme, thanks for your efforts.

But the taskbar's certificate is not trusted, can you sign the DLLs?

cr1130

Aug 13, 2010
Philly PA
Yes finally!!!

Thank You, You are a savior sir. I have been piecing together a COMPLETE BuuF theme for the last 8mos. Searching and Searching everywhere.. Finally! And it looks perfect. Will look great over my Energy ROM I'm using now.. I'm using old icons I got from deviantart(Paul Davey) and on here.. Can't wait for the new ones.. In the meantime I am downloading what you've supplied so far.. Thanks again. I am an avid fan of Sir Paul Davey and have purchased some of his art for a few walls in my home. I am glad to see someone else appreciates the art style.. Ok enough blubbering.. Just wann say a BIG THANKS dude. You are appreciated.. :D:rolleyes::cool:

Last edited:

cr1130

Aug 13, 2010
Philly PA
Hey I have a quick question. Please forgive my noobage but how exactly do I add the filles for the dialer? Like where should I place them in Windows? I downloaded a dialer cab previously and it worked fine.. I don't want to screw anything up though.. Thanks for any help

sponge_worthy

May 11, 2007
Hey I have a quick question. Please forgive my noobage but how exactly do I add the filles for the dialer? Like where should I place them in Windows? I downloaded a dialer cab previously and it worked fine.. I don't want to screw anything up though.. Thanks for any help

My problem is whenever I make a cab for the dialer, it bombs when trying to copy the dll file. I'm using CECabManager but I must be missing a setting to get it to work. If someone out there know how to cab up the dialer files so that it installs correctly I would appreciate it.

In the meantime, just copy all the files in the zipped folder from your PC to your SD Card. Then use total commander or resco explorer to copy from your SD Card directly into your windows directory. Just in the main directory. Before that, you may want to make backup copies of the files you are going to write over in case there is a problem. Make a backup directory to manually copy those files from your windows directory to your backup folder.

I hope that helps.

Reactions: hecthork

cr1130

Aug 13, 2010
Philly PA
My problem is whenever I make a cab for the dialer, it bombs when trying to copy the dll file. I'm using CECabManager but I must be missing a setting to get it to work. If someone out there know how to cab up the dialer files so that it installs correctly I would appreciate it.

In the meantime, just copy all the files in the zipped folder from your PC to your SD Card. Then use total commander or resco explorer to copy from your SD Card directly into your windows directory. Just in the main directory. Before that, you may want to make backup copies of the files you are going to write over in case there is a problem. Make a backup directory to manually copy those files from your windows directory to your backup folder.

I hope that helps.
Thanks trying now.. So you are saying copy the zip file to windows directory(main) then back up copies of files I am going to write over. Not sure what I am writing over though.. But I'm going to drop the filles in Windows and see whats what.. Also I see that you are working on the task bar certificate thingy. Thanks for that..

**Edit**--Figured out what files I needed to back up--silly me

Last edited:

Kameirus

Feb 5, 2010
Akron Ohio
if im not mistaken before that dll file will work with a cab install.. it will have to be signed
Tael and i were messing with a new dialer and we ran into the same thing ..and we could never figure out how to get it signed ..you may want to ask over in the TOG thread in the HD2 section i know they just recently released a new dialer maybe they could assist in getting it signed

sponge_worthy

May 11, 2007
You should unzip the dialer files on your PC before you transfer them to your SD Card. That way you can see what files are being overwritten.

cr1130

Aug 13, 2010
Philly PA

I hope that helps.
Ok. I copied all files from the dialer zip to windows, however it would not allow me to copy the phcanImages.dll file to the directory.. I'm assuming this is why it didn't work completley for me.. I am unable to take a screen shot of what I have done however I'm gonna use your screen shots in the 1st post to try and give you and idea.. Circled in read is what has remained stock after copying all of the files in the zip folder except the .dll file which did not allow me to copy to windows.. Please advise if I did something wrong.. Sorry the pic is so bad but I hope you get the idea..

Attachments

• Buffdialer.bmp
    119 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:

sponge_worthy

May 11, 2007
Are you using the file explorer or total commander to copy the files over? The regular file explorer won't copy over the DLL. You need to use total commander.

cr1130

Aug 13, 2010
Philly PA
I used total commander and it gave me an error the first time. Just tried again and I have the same result as I placed in my last post. My actual dialer hasn't changed and the in call screen is pretty much scrambled now with part stock part buff.. When I press on the stock dialer I can see the buff dial pad underneath. But only when I press on a number. Otherwise still stock.. When phone is rining the answer and ignore buttons are stock so is the mute ring.. maybe i did something wrong again. Will try to copy the zip again and see what happens.

Kameirus

Feb 5, 2010
Akron Ohio
give me a couple minutes and i will try it on my phone as i have just reflashed a new rom

ok i just copied everything to the windows folder with resco and all works perfectly

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update : Uploaded Dialer Cabs - Let me know if Leo cab is fix for HD2 problems (Dec 22)
    Update : Uploaded New Taskbar Cab (Dec 10)
    Update : Uploaded CHT2 Icons and Sense package (Dec 9)

I have spent some considerable time to incorporate a Buuf theme on my phone and be able to switch between my Black and Blue Grill theme and this one. I like to have all my icons consistent everywhere I frequent my device. So I've either skinned or found an adequate one for the following places: Taskbar, WM 6.5.x theme, Phone Canvas, Thumbcal, psShutXP, S2U2, Notifcation screen, Sense 2.5, CHT2, Action Screen, and Resco Explorer. I think it is looking pretty good now.

I first will give create the the DrSrF team from this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=683771 for starting up the Buuf theme for WM. It looks like in the thread that they have abandoned the project though.

I also want to thank Paul Davey aka mattahan for creating the Buuf icons and sharing them here - http://mattahan.deviantart.com/gallery/

I also have used tsowen battery icons because they seemed to match this theme pretty well.

If I have taken some elses work and not given created, I apologize. Let me know and I will thank you as well. I don't want to take created for work I haven't done. I have spent a lot of time creating a lot of files to perfect the theme though.

First I'm going to share my taskbar and phone skin. I'll share the CHT2 icons and an all in one cab for other Sense 2.5 icons as I've added to the ones created by the DrSrF team by making them all consistent and skinning the submenus like music library, all tweets, people detail and all people lists. There are other places I've had to add icons for Sense, but I forget right now.

I'm not able to create a cab for the phone skin. It always bombs while trying to load, so you will have to manually copy those files from your SD Card to the Windows directory using Total Commander or Resco Explorer. I would suggest you make copies of the original files in the Windows directory for the ones I am providing in case you have a problem with them and need to go back to the originals.

I believe the phone canvas is for portrait only and will work on both VGA and WVGA devices. But don't quote me on that. I have a TP2 and only use the phone on portrait. I've worked out most of the kinks on the canvas, but the way the graphics are in the DLL I can't get it perfect. Close enough to enjoy though.

Anyway enjoy!

Taskbar Icons
    taskbarj.png

Phone Canvas
    dialer.png

CHT2 Icons
    chticons.png

Sense Icons
    sensescreen1.png

sensescreen2.png
    Reserved for later.
    anychance of getting the slider in a cab by itsself

I'll see what I can do.
    Hey,

Like this theme very much thanx!!

Got one problem I just can't get the windows icon/other button to change.
    Can someone explain me how to to that?

Thanx in advance

I got the WM6.5.x theme from the original thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=683771. Its in post #6 called Rawrscary - Buuf softkeys.zip.

Its got a cab file you need to install in the zipped file. If you don't know how to install a cab file just let me know. Then there should be a new option in yout theme choices for WM6.5.x where you see all the Energy themes listed.

Does that make sense?