Button Leds Switch for CWM Recovery/xRecovery

Search This thread

zorglub08

Aug 6, 2008
Here's a convenient way to turn off (and then back on) the button leds on our X10 from recovery.
Those are the leds at the bottom of your X10, not the notification led.
Thanks to Adolf1994 for the original script.

It can also be done by copying/deleting a single file instead, but it's more convenient to use this from recovery after installing a new rom.

The new version is for the CWM Recovery
It installs in init.d and includes a solution for roms using Fera Engine v10. On those roms permissions of the brightness file are changed after anything in init.d is run so the nobuttonleds script is also run at the end of hw_config.sh.

CWM version
Should work on any rom with working /etc/init.d or /etc/init.d and hw_config.sh
Tested on:
DiXperia X/10 with DXEngine

Xrecovery version
The /etc/init.d folder needs to be properly working on the rom you use. (thanks to My_Immortal for pointing that out!)
tested on:
- WB-XPERIA TW Gingerbread
- ThJap's 2.3 ThGo2 v1.3

If it doesn't work on the rom you use and you have root, try this:
- add this line to /etc/install-recovery.sh (check first if busybox is in xbin or bin):
/system/xbin/busybox run-parts /system/etc/init.d
or
/system/bin/busybox run-parts /system/etc/init.d
- another way is to use the Script Manager way explained here.

Installation
- copy on your SD card
- start CWM Recovery or xRecovery, install as custom zip
The change is permanent: the button leds will be turned off everytime you boot until you install another rom or you decide to turn them on.

Attachments

• xRecovery-X10-ButtonLedsOFF.zip
    3.1 KB · Views: 555
  • xRecovery-X10-ButtonLedsON.zip
    2.5 KB · Views: 454
  • CWM-ButtonLedsOFF.zip
    155.7 KB · Views: 67
  • CWM-ButtonLedsON.zip
    154.7 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

zorglub08

Aug 6, 2008
AlgerK70, could it be that you already copied noled.sh as 50-noled in /etc/init.d ? If so you need to delete it first, or else the leds will stay "on".
After booting, turn the screen on then off to see if it works.

speig

Oct 18, 2010
and who's supposed to execute the script at boot?

Sent from my X10i using XDA App

Z3US911

Jan 10, 2011
Delhi
Which bottom led u r talking about...??
I can't see!!

Sent from my X10 TripNMiUI-Iris using Tapatalk

zorglub08

Aug 6, 2008
It's the 2 white leds between the hardware buttons. The ones that are so annoying when reading an ebook in the dark on low luminosity because they keep turning on :)

tadhara

Jan 21, 2011
Budapest
omg I freaking love you! :D

I only had this script from Adolf1994 but that needed to run every startup and disabled the notification led too :D

ThJap

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 1, 2011
Osaka
Great your working!!

Can I include your working ??
If you say OK, of course I add your credit on my thread.

thanks,

shahkam

Jan 22, 2011
Canada
Will it work on 2.3.3 zdzihu whit bb 71????? Please reply

Sent from my X10i using XDA Premium App

zorglub08

Aug 6, 2008
Great your working!!

Can I include your working ??
If you say OK, of course I add your credit on my thread.

thanks,
Thanks, I just used part of the original script from Adolf1994 and made this xRecovery package.
You can of course add it if it works on your rom (if it works please tell me, I need to add it to the list of working roms in the first post)

Will it work on 2.3.3 zdzihu whit bb 71????? Please reply

Please try it, "ButtonLedsOFF" only copies one file to your phone, it won't overwrite anything. To "revert" if it doesn't work, install "ButtonLedsON" and it will remove the file. Please try, and if it works, report here, thanks :)

Adolf1994

Jun 2, 2010
Fertőrákos
It's the 2 white leds between the hardware buttons. The ones that are so annoying when reading an ebook in the dark on low luminosity because they keep turning on :)

The exact same thing that my script does + disables the notif LED that is burning my eyes at night like the flames of hell could never if the phone is on charger :D

omg I freaking love you! :D

I only had this script from Adolf1994 but that needed to run every startup and disabled the notification led too :D
In PM I sent you the solution:
Code:
echo "\n\n# Darkness by Adolf1994\nDIR=$(cd /sys && find | grep brightness | cut -c 3- | cut -d : -f 1 | head -n 1)\nLED=/sys/$DIR\nLED1=$LED:rgb1:red/brightness\nLED2=$LED:rgb1:green/brightness\nLED3=$LED:rgb1:blue/brightness\nLED4=$LED:sled/brightness\necho 0 > $LED1\necho 0 > $LED2\necho 0 > $LED3\necho 0 > $LED4\nchmod 00444 $LED1\nchmod 00444 $LED2\nchmod 00444 $LED3\nchmod 00444 $LED4" >> /system/etc/hw_config.sh

Not to misunderstand OP, just providing details.

Last edited:

shahkam

Jan 22, 2011
Canada
Didnt work on z 2.3.3 .71 baseband i really need this :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here's a convenient way to turn off (and then back on) the button leds on our X10 from recovery.
    Those are the leds at the bottom of your X10, not the notification led.
    Thanks to Adolf1994 for the original script.

It can also be done by copying/deleting a single file instead, but it's more convenient to use this from recovery after installing a new rom.

The new version is for the CWM Recovery
    It installs in init.d and includes a solution for roms using Fera Engine v10. On those roms permissions of the brightness file are changed after anything in init.d is run so the nobuttonleds script is also run at the end of hw_config.sh.

CWM version
    Should work on any rom with working /etc/init.d or /etc/init.d and hw_config.sh
    Tested on:
    DiXperia X/10 with DXEngine

Xrecovery version
    The /etc/init.d folder needs to be properly working on the rom you use. (thanks to My_Immortal for pointing that out!)
    tested on:
    - WB-XPERIA TW Gingerbread
    - ThJap's 2.3 ThGo2 v1.3

If it doesn't work on the rom you use and you have root, try this:
    - add this line to /etc/install-recovery.sh (check first if busybox is in xbin or bin):
    /system/xbin/busybox run-parts /system/etc/init.d
    or
    /system/bin/busybox run-parts /system/etc/init.d
    - another way is to use the Script Manager way explained here.

Installation
    - copy on your SD card
    - start CWM Recovery or xRecovery, install as custom zip
    The change is permanent: the button leds will be turned off everytime you boot until you install another rom or you decide to turn them on.
    Confirmed working on ThJap's 2.3 ThGo2 v1.3
    Will it work on Wolf's TW Gingerbread without wiping his tweaks?

It should work without affecting any tweaks since the script is only to disable the hardware led and nothing else. I just now tried the zip file after updating to his v3.9.0 rom and it worked fine. I guess some init.d scripts does work on gb.

Sent from my X10i using XDA App
    No Button LED Light in Wolf V6.0

Wolf V6.0 busybox version = 1.19.2, and can be found in both \system\bin and \system\xbin (not sure why).
    Wolf V5.0 busybox version = 1.19.0, again found in both folders.

My not so smart method is to replace these files in V6 with those in V5. Once done, flash the xRecovery-X10-ButtonLedsOFF.zip as per normal. And it works just like that!

Here are the busybox files from V5:
    Replace the file \system\bin\busybox with - http://db.tt/d8dxQESk
    Replace the file \system\xbin\busybox with - http://db.tt/nWZ7vNOg
    * rename the files back to "busybox", and change the permission (rwx r-x r-x) after you paste it into the folder

Other notes:
    I tried installing busybox 1.19.0 using Busybox Installer directly, but it did not work (only installed into one folder either bin or xbin)
    CWM version

The first post is updated with a version for CWM Recovery that should work on the latest X10 roms.