How to install a apk file ?

Search This thread

kbatman99

Sep 20, 2005
Hello !
Can anybody tell me, how I can install any apk file ?
I put the apk file on the SD card.
How can I intall it ?
Thank you for your answer.

Insaneboy

Mar 14, 2008
Hello !
Can anybody tell me, how I can install any apk file ?
I put the apk file on the SD card.
How can I intall it ?
Thank you for your answer.

From Android, get a file explorer like ASTRO or Estrong, browse to the file - tap on it, it'll ask if you want to install it - ok and you're done. :)

kbatman99

Sep 20, 2005
Hello !

I did how you told me, but if I tap on it there is a message saying " no application found to open this file"

Adis0ru

Apr 10, 2009
Brasov
I have the same problem ... infact I dont know how to install Astro file manager...
I'm running Android from SD card on HTC Blackstone.
A little help will be apreciated.
Thanks in advance.

steveyangcn

Mar 28, 2010
Hello !

I did how you told me, but if I tap on it there is a message saying " no application found to open this file"

You got this message When you try to run that files,is that?All APK files are not work on your phone?You sure that application's append name is APK?If the files is ok.I thought you should change a Rom to try

Insaneboy

Mar 14, 2008
I have the same problem ... infact I dont know how to install Astro file manager...
I'm running Android from SD card on HTC Blackstone.
A little help will be apreciated.
Thanks in advance.

You can find it on the Market.
Look at your apps - there's a Market app - go in it cklick the magnifying glass to search and type ASTRO, it'll give you the search results tap on astro click install at the left bottom corner, it'll download it and install it, then click open and you have a file manager.

Don't know about kbatman99's problem, though, that's weird...

arrrghhh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2007
So what? Same procedure. Useless comment.

Considering our FAQ's have all documented methods for installing APK's (our AndroidApps method, using a file explorer and adb install)? It's useless. Especially when considering the people who originally posted in this thread probably aren't still around, lol.