Not saving APNs??

Search This thread

userg2x

Jun 25, 2011
McAllen, TX
Hi guys,

I'm currently on a different country and I want to setup the APN for internet access, however everytime I hit save after typing everything, it doesn't save it. And if I modify the one I have for my original carrier (T-Mobile) it also dissapears. What could be wrong? Thanks!

Nevermind I made it work, but anyway I found out that if I change the MCC and/or the MNC numbers it won't save the APN, I don't know why.

Last edited:

samuraix21

Dec 16, 2013
Hi guys,

I'm currently on a different country and I want to setup the APN for internet access, however everytime I hit save after typing everything, it doesn't save it. And if I modify the one I have for my original carrier (T-Mobile) it also dissapears. What could be wrong? Thanks!

Nevermind I made it work, but anyway I found out that if I change the MCC and/or the MNC numbers it won't save the APN, I don't know why.

Hi, sorry to bump a dead thread but I figured I'll not spam the same question again...

EDIT: I'm trying to add the "dun" keyword in the APN type

I have the same issue but more severe. I can't modify / change the T-Mobile APN to change the authentic type as it doesn't save it; no, I have changed the MCC or MNC.

This wouldn't be a problem if I can actually add a bloody new APN because it won't let me do that either :(

Do you or anyone know how to fix this? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

userg2x

Jun 25, 2011
McAllen, TX
Hi, sorry to bump a dead thread but I figured I'll not spam the same question again...

EDIT: I'm trying to add the "dun" keyword in the APN type

I have the same issue but more severe. I can't modify / change the T-Mobile APN to change the authentic type as it doesn't save it; no, I have changed the MCC or MNC.

This wouldn't be a problem if I can actually add a bloody new APN because it won't let me do that either :(

Do you or anyone know how to fix this? Thanks in advance.

Hi there,

I still can't save any settings, I tried to do what you are trying to do but it doesn't save it. The only thing that worked for me was downloading the internet settings and selecting the correct carrier. Later I figured that my carrier coverage is just crap for LTE where I live, so it is not the phone.

Still I don't know why is protected like this or why we can't add a new APN. Maybe rooting it will open it? I don't know.

My phone is on Lollipop and it did the same on KitKat.

Sorry, I wish I had an answer. Good luck!