What software do you have installed on your HD?

Search This thread

Vampire2800

Dec 2, 2006
Grove, Ok
Gyrator2
PHM Registry Editor
MS.NET CF 3.5
Andreas Falke Weather Database Editor
Total Commander
Schap's Advanced Config 3.3
Soti Pocket Controller
TCPMP
Sprite Backup
Resco Audio Recorder
MS Voice Command

All the newest versions.

That's above & beyong what comes on the Phone.

Last edited:

ardsar

May 21, 2007
Devon
Sprite Backup (for backing up data and applications)
Sprite Terminator (under evaluation - to track phone if stolen/lost)
Resco File Explorer and Registry Editor
Resco Picture Viewer
TomTom 7.910 with Central/Western Europe Maps 725
PhoneAlarm (for profile changing, easy access to turn wifi &BT on/off etc)
Second Today (to allow phonealarm to work)
Homescreen PlusPlus (mainly for tracking GPRS data used, battery level and power drain)
Dinarsoft Memaid (keeping system clean of junk, managing startup apps etc)
Lakeridge Wisbar advance ( better graphical interface, better task manager)
SPB Insight (RSS reader that can download full articles inc. pictures rather than just the headline)
Inesoft Cash Organiser (finacial tool)
WebIS Pocket Informant (Better PIM management)
Kaspersky Mobile Security (not used)
Shape Services IM+ (allows connecting to multiple msn accounts, yahoo etc)

darthbane2k

Jul 6, 2007
PowerSMS
NoData
Achibalds Adventures (Game)
Bejeweled 2 (Game)
Pacman (Game)
Pocket Video Poker (Game)
Media Conect
eWallet
Leonard Maltins Movie Guide 2008
Wordbook dictionary
PHM Regedit
Schaps Advanced Config
Sprite Backup
SoftReset (Utility)
SPB Traveler
Currency Converter
France2Go
Metro
Tomtom Navigator 7
Klaxon (alarm)
Music ID (Shazam)

Polishmart

Nov 30, 2008
Newbie here - think this could be a great thread for people like me that are new to the world of windows mobile.

It'd be great if people could also put down a description of what the software does (and maybe a rating out of 10 or something).

Can't wait for delivery of my phone and to start playing. A weekend of browsing this site has got me overly excited!

Cheers,

Martin

defcon2000

Gyrator2
Resco Audio Recorder (better voice- & call-recording than the build in version)
Resco Explorer (touch optimized and all I need)
Subsembly Wallet (perfect passwort and facts safe)
Subsembly Banking (homebanking)
Coreplayer (best app for watching movies)
IGO (navigation; wait for working Navigon 7)
Mobipocket (for mass of ebooks! I love it! =) )
Agile Messenger (perfect multi protocolmessenger / wait for vga version but works)
Nimbuzz (also a multimessenger but with built in social networks support)
GPRS Traffic Monitor (wait on a working SPB Version)
SMS Counter
Music ID (Shazam)
HD Tweak
MS.NET CF 3.5
Schap's Advanced Config 3.3

Last edited:

chr5s11

Sep 20, 2007
Total Commander (better file explorer)
SMS Delivery Receipt Fix (resolves the number in a sms delivery report and adds the name from my contacts)
Metro (public transportation guide)
HD Tweak (the name speaks for itself)
Core Player (video playback)
Gyrator 2 (g-sensor rotation in every application)
PocketRAR
PHM Registry Editor
Pocket Screen (screenshots)
WMirc (IRC client)
DVDProfiler Mobile
Microsoft Compact .NET Framework 3.5

Nvidia32

Sep 21, 2008
[*]CCa TouchOff v0.3

[*]Clear Temp v1.0.3

[*]G-Alarm v0.9

[*]Music ID v1.3.16

[*]My Mobiler

[*]Resco File Explorer v7.05

[*]S2U2 v1.35

[*]SKTools v4.4.5.1(Auto Clean, Free Up Ram, System Info etc....)

[*]Simple Timers v1.0.36

[*]TCPMP-0.72RC1-ARM-PPC-recomp-03

[*]TomTom Navigator v7.450.9028

[*]IGO 8 v8.3.2.64873

[*]Navigon Mobile Navigator v7

[*]Weather Database Editor v1.1

[*]Net Compact Framework v3.5

[*]Resco Bubbles

[*]HD Tweak v0.5.1

[*]Total Commander v2.51

[*]Modaco Remove Security

[*]DarkLord69 TaskBar

[*]HolyFox Q-Style "hand new"

[*]Sdkcerts

[*]Thème Lagunadub "black & blue" for HD

Beards

Nov 3, 2008
Come on Guys....
Why are we not seeing these titles being added to the sticky topic ~ Programs/Utilites & Games ~ working on the Touch HD.

It annoys me when we have a topic purely dedicated to adding the titles you have installed on your Blackstone and I come across this.
Pass this info into the Blackstone's wiki topic...... I'll do all the work in getting it up on the wiki for you.

Beards

Grimus

Dec 16, 2008
I personally found this thread far more useful than the Programs/Utilites & Games ~ working on the Touch HD Which is a list of all programs found to be working, not just the ones you actually use. So.. Here is a list of all the stuff I've installed so far:

Resco File Explorer
Resco Registry Editor Plugin
TomTom 7.910 (Black Theme Version with United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland 815 2024 map)
HTC HotFix for screen lag - http://www.htc.com/www/SupportDownload.aspx?p_id=179&cat=0&dl_id=448
Gyrator 2 (Awesome for screen rotation once you've set up a few extra exclusions)
Microsoft .NET CF 3.5 (needed for various things including Gyrator 2)
CorePlayer (Good video player, works for me)
L.Sylvain Manila Calculator Skin (replacement skin for the HD calculator
FInixNOver FInix_VGA_Battery_Icons (Show battery icon with a tiny percentage. Also had to install sdkcerts.cab to make this work)
HD Tweak (Awesome tweaks for the HD)
S2U2 (Slide 2 Unlock - Latest version works perfectly and I've made a custom theme for the HD, which I might upload later)
Diamond Hologram (funky but useless 3d hologram based on the G-sensor in the phone)
Diamond Ati d3d driver (needed for the hologram app, hasn't caused me any problems yet but wise take a full backup first)
Sprite Backup (great for backing up data and applications)
Sprite Terminator (track phone if stolen/lost via GPS/SMS)
PocketPuTTY (free, open source SSH client)
Efficasoft GPRS Traffic Monitor (allows you to monitor GPRS Internet data usage both graphically and numerically)
tnyynt SD TuneUP.cab (Downloaded from this forum to make your SD card access faster)

As of this post I'm running the latest available versions of everything unless otherwise stated.

Beards

Nov 3, 2008
I personally found this thread far more useful than the Programs/Utilites & Games ~ working on the Touch HD Which is a list of all programs found to be working, not just the ones you actually use.
AM I missing something here?

If a software title works and the poster has proven this by installing and using the title, one would then assume said poster actually uses said title.
This logic not only applies here but in the Wiki Title list as well.

I'm seeing a lot of titles in this topic which are not being filtered to the wiki.

Grimus

Dec 16, 2008
AM I missing something here?

If a software title works and the poster has proven this by installing and using the title, one would then assume said poster actually uses said title.
This logic not only applies here but in the Wiki Title list as well.

I'm seeing a lot of titles in this topic which are not being filtered to the wiki.

It is interesting to see what selection (the operative word being _selection_) of software people have chosen to install on their devices. I've installed and uninstalled software not because it didn't work but because there are multiple programs which perform similar tasks and after trial and error I found the best one for me. For example, multiple Device locking programs.

In my opinion just because said poster has tried some software (and it works) does not mean they are using the software.

I just want to see what software people have chosen to install and use on their HD out of the big list of stuff which works. Which was the point of this thread, was it not?

I updated the Wiki to include:
Sprite Backup | V6.5.4 | Works perfectly
Sprite Terminator | V1.2.0 | Works perfectly
PocketPuTTY | Dev 2007-02-28 | Runs really well and in fullscreen.

Sorry I'm new to this and I thought these were already on the Wiki :s I hope I updated it correctly.

Last edited:

Beards

Nov 3, 2008
It is interesting to see what selection (the operative word being _selection_) of software people have chosen to install on their devices. I've installed and uninstalled software not because it didn't work but because there are multiple programs which perform similar tasks and after trial and error I found the best one for me. For example, multiple Device locking programs.

In my opinion just because said poster has tried some software (and it works) does not mean they are using the software.

I just want to see what software people have chosen to install and use on their HD out of the big list of stuff which works. Which was the point of this thread, was it not?

I updated the Wiki to include:
Sprite Backup | V6.5.4 | Works perfectly
Sprite Terminator | V1.2.0 | Works perfectly
PocketPuTTY | Dev 2007-02-28 | Runs really well and in fullscreen.

Sorry I'm new to this and I thought these were already on the Wiki :s I hope I updated it correctly.
Many thanks for taking the time and effort to explain your actions. I appreciate any follow-up and info such as this is always appreciated.

My thanks also to you in adding said software titles.

It is however better when the titles come from the wiki's parent topic as that topic is often the first stage back from the wiki to the forum whereby members check.
Having material added which comes from outside the wiki's parent topic can sometimes confuse members who search back trying to find any additional information that was placed in the forum.

.... but again my thanks to you in adding said material. :)

rhtizzy

Apr 25, 2008
I'm a big fan of the wiki and especially of this topic and have added a number of titles allready, but I wonder whether it might be an idea to add (an instruction for adding) a short description to each title instead of just saying whether or not it works (as is often the case now)?

samHaze

Dec 22, 2008
Heiderscheid
Fring

So I found a prog. called Fring... which looks really great on the Touch HD an works perfect. It also has the advantage that it regroupes a lot of Chat Clients as MSN/ICQ/Google Talk/Twitter/Yahoo etc... it also enables Skype and other services(Facebook/gmail Notifier....). It is easy and fast to use. For example starting MSN with Fring works 10X faster then with the preinstalled MSN Client. ;) xD

Other Installed progs:
MusicID
Gyrator 2
A.Falke Weather Database Editor
Total Commander
Comic Reader
Diamond ATI 3d Driver
Divx Player
Fring
Google Maps
Change Fonts v.01
Hotfix
HD Tweak
Advanced Config. Tool
Macromedia Flash Player ActiveX
.NET CF 3.5
PHM Reg Editor
Pocket RAR
Diamond TF3D Config
SD Tune Up
Vicsoft ClearTemp
wmIRC

PS: I only installed Freeware on my PPC. Of course there are a lot of other great and useful apps (like Resco Explorer/Photviewer or Sprite but they are shareware xD) ... The pone was actually expensive enough .. so ^^ xD ;)

HTC TOUCH HD ROCKS !!!!! ;):D I LOVE IT

Last edited:

uiqjirka

May 27, 2006
Prague
official IGO8 8.3.2.64029 with official support 800x480 screen
Shape Services Im+ 5.44.1(official support WVGA)
TT 7.910.9185 with 8.15 maps
SPB Backup
Google maps
TCPMP
Netfront 3.5
Resco Explorer and Registry

Last edited:

cx2k5

Nov 12, 2008
.NET CF 3.5
Resco Explorer
G-Alarm
Core Player 1.3
FInixNOver Battery Icon
Google maps with street view
Advanced Configuration Tool 3.3
SmartMovie
Flashlite
Total Commander
HD Tweak
psShutXP
SKTools
SPB Screenshot

MacDegger

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 20, 2008
See, here's another advantage of this thread...thanks to the short lists people display, one comes across interesting combinations, and evensingle programs which would just get lost in the humonguos master list: I was looking for something like Change Fonts v.01 !