[ROM][Huawei U8100]Unofficial CM7.1 (Android 2.3.7) [2011-10-05]

Search This thread

kallt_kaffe

Mar 13, 2010
www.apedroid.com
Description
A CyanogenMod 7 port made for, and tested on, a Huawei U8100. May or may not work on other U8100,U8110 and U8120 phones.
(A lot of the work derives from all the existing U81xx CM7 ports)

• Boots overclocked to 614.4MHz with frequencies available up to 768MHZ (I recommend NoFrills CPU Control for overclocking)
  • Uses 33% higher AHB bus speeds on overclocked frequencies on 528MHz CPUs (600MHz U81xx phones allready use these AHB speeds)
  • Allocates 18% of the RAM for compcache (compressed swap in RAM). Can be turned off or tweaked in CMParts.

Sources

Known issues
  • USB mounting does not work
  • Wifi and BT coexistance still have issues even with abtfilt in place.
  • USB tethering isn't working (I think)
  • Wifi hotspot works but turning it off didn't work well when I tried it.
  • No FM radio.

Changelog
  • 2011-10-05c: Added "ascend" as a device the install script should accept (it seems many use clockwork built for the Huawei Ascend). Added SIO scheduler, a power profile and a minor change to the camera overlay.
  • 2011-10-05b: Added u8110 and u8120 as devices the install script should accept
  • 2011-10-05: Initial release

Downloads

For Google apps go here: http://goo-inside.me/gapps/ (I use the 20110613 version because the I prefer the old Market but the 20110828 version should work too)

If installation fails then try the attached clockwork recovery (unzip and flash with fastboot)
To install a different recovery you can download one of the packages here: http://android.modaco.com/topic/308985-19may-installing-a-custom-recovery-image-on-your-device/
In the step where you are supposed to run the install-recovery-windows.bat, instead manually flash the attached (and unzipped) recovery like this:
fastboot-windows.exe flash recovery recovery-v5.0.2.3-u8100.img
Then to get out of bootloader mode use:
fastboot-windows.exe reboot

Attachments

• recovery-v5.0.2.3-u8100.img.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 3,793
Last edited:

DJ_Uro_UE

Aug 7, 2008
Užice
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
You must search this forum for that tutorial. Don't have time to write it now !

---------- Post added at 12:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 PM ----------

And i must say, that it won't install on my Huawei U8110 with cw 5 ...assert failed :)

kallt_kaffe

Mar 13, 2010
www.apedroid.com

---------- Post added at 12:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 PM ----------

And i must say, that it won't install on my Huawei U8110 with cw 5 ...assert failed :)
You must use my version of clockwork recovery or remove the parts in the install script that checks for "u8100".

Reactions: DJ_Uro_UE

kallt_kaffe

Mar 13, 2010
www.apedroid.com

Uploaded a new version that should install even if Clockwork identifies itself as u8110 or u8120.

Reactions: romil91

DJ_Uro_UE

Aug 7, 2008
Užice
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Nevermind mate, i managed to install your version of CW and now it's updating normally ... report soon :)

---------- Post added at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 PM ----------

Installed it with no probs, so far i've seen that calibration is perfect and camera with camcorder works without problems... no lag after calls or after camera !

Those are first impressions ... more of them - later :)

armini0

Oct 25, 2010
How is the battery life? Is it better then joilaroi's ROM (Huawei U8120 – RC1 - update 14 http://bit.ly/mC77sj )? His ROM would only keep the phone(U8120) running for like 10 hours, due to the camera problem.

If it's better I can use the ROM everyday.

Last edited:

DJ_Uro_UE

Aug 7, 2008
Užice
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
How is the battery life? Is it better then joilaroi's ROM (Huawei U8120 – RC1 - update 14 http://bit.ly/mC77sj )? His ROM would only keep the phone(U8120) running for like 10 hours, due to the camera problem.

If it's better I can use the ROM everyday.

I don't see a camera problem. I tried camera and camcorder couple of hours ago, and there are no problems ... In battery usage, nothing unusual :)

After a couple of days, we will see the quality of this rom!

Thanks, Kalt .... :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Description
    A CyanogenMod 7 port made for, and tested on, a Huawei U8100. May or may not work on other U8100,U8110 and U8120 phones.
    (A lot of the work derives from all the existing U81xx CM7 ports)

• Boots overclocked to 614.4MHz with frequencies available up to 768MHZ (I recommend NoFrills CPU Control for overclocking)
    • Uses 33% higher AHB bus speeds on overclocked frequencies on 528MHz CPUs (600MHz U81xx phones allready use these AHB speeds)
    • Allocates 18% of the RAM for compcache (compressed swap in RAM). Can be turned off or tweaked in CMParts.

Sources

Known issues
    • USB mounting does not work
    • Wifi and BT coexistance still have issues even with abtfilt in place.
    • USB tethering isn't working (I think)
    • Wifi hotspot works but turning it off didn't work well when I tried it.
    • No FM radio.

Changelog
    • 2011-10-05c: Added "ascend" as a device the install script should accept (it seems many use clockwork built for the Huawei Ascend). Added SIO scheduler, a power profile and a minor change to the camera overlay.
    • 2011-10-05b: Added u8110 and u8120 as devices the install script should accept
    • 2011-10-05: Initial release

Downloads

For Google apps go here: http://goo-inside.me/gapps/ (I use the 20110613 version because the I prefer the old Market but the 20110828 version should work too)

If installation fails then try the attached clockwork recovery (unzip and flash with fastboot)
    To install a different recovery you can download one of the packages here: http://android.modaco.com/topic/308985-19may-installing-a-custom-recovery-image-on-your-device/
    In the step where you are supposed to run the install-recovery-windows.bat, instead manually flash the attached (and unzipped) recovery like this:
    fastboot-windows.exe flash recovery recovery-v5.0.2.3-u8100.img
    Then to get out of bootloader mode use:
    fastboot-windows.exe reboot
    USB mounting workaround:
    • go to settings -> wireless & networks -> tethering & portable hotspot
    • tap once on usb tethering
    • turn on usb storage via notification bar
    it mounts!
    Mediafire seems to be down right now. I'll upload it somewhere else unless it comes back online soon.

You must use my version of clockwork recovery or remove the parts in the install script that checks for "u8100".
    Google Goggles can scan QR-codes. Confirmed working on U8100.