Interim ClockworkMod Touch Recovery for the HTC One X (+stock download)

Search This thread

paulobrien

Nov 6, 2003
Norwich
www.MoDaCo.com
Hi folks!

Until such time as an official ClockworkMod recovery is available, I have created an interim (non official) ClockworkMod Touch release. Please note that the One X doesn't seem to enable access to USB when booted as recovery (proven by flashing the recovery partition with the insecure boot), so you will not be able to use ADB etc. at this time.

INSTALL AND USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Your bootloader must be unlocked via htcdev.com to install this.

To use, either flash via fastboot ('fastboot flash recovery r1-modaco-recovery-clockwork-touch-endeavoru.img') or boot directly ('fastboot boot r1-modaco-recovery-clockwork-touch-endeavoru.img').
MOD EDIT: warning!!! old recovery with charging issues and NO USB Mount use latest recovery from here or TWRP

I have also uploaded the stock recovery should you wish to flash it (e.g. for OTA).

Enjoy! :)

• DOWNLOAD - MD5: f47ebe81400c00ddefc0499d2a18b9fd
  • DOWNLOAD - MD5: 4af6f2b658d2e13f72e928a72fcde9cd
P

PS If you find this useful, details on how to donate should you wish to do so are available in the MoDaCo topic.

Last edited by a moderator:

paulobrien

Nov 6, 2003
Norwich
www.MoDaCo.com
I did a backup and restore, I imagine most of the functions should work. The lack of USB (and therefore ADB) is annoying (i'm investigating), but that aside you should do all the stuff you need to.

Obviously it's a quick hack-up so use with care!

P

Reactions: moskito-hd2 and wph

torxx

Mar 20, 2011
trickdroid.org
Thanks Paul, that sounds really good!

The best would be if the Revolutionary team would now release the S-OFF tool which supports our device..

Reactions: jusde

DooMLoRD

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2010
Pune
I did a backup and restore, I imagine most of the functions should work. The lack of USB (and therefore ADB) is annoying (i'm investigating), but that aside you should do all the stuff you need to.

P

hey Paul in the ICS kernel there is a difference in the USB gadget... so there is different way to activate ADB... i will get to work on it...

but i need the mkbootimg parameters to repack the zImage and ramdisk...

BTW i will be working on my own version of touch recovery ;)

here is a video of it workign on another of my supported devices...

DooMLoRD

Jul 27, 2010
Pune
Yeah, it's not that - a fully working boot image that's OK in boot mode doesn't give you USB in recovery mode. Very odd.

P

hmmm let me have a go at it... right now i am struggling with a pathetic net connection as my main internet line is down...

can u give me the complete mkbootimg repack command?

Alex240188

May 4, 2010
Hull
quick query paul, as of now we need to fastboot flash boot.img to gain root as for some reason we cannot fastboot boot a boot img.
if we can fastboot boot a recovery image can we then install a prerooted rom using the booted recovery without needing to unlock the bootloader

DooMLoRD

Jul 27, 2010
Pune
quick query paul, as of now we need to fastboot flash boot.img to gain root as for some reason we cannot fastboot boot a boot img.
if we can fastboot boot a recovery image can we then install a prerooted rom using the booted recovery without needing to unlock the bootloader

for fastboot boot bootloader needs to be unlocked :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi folks!

Until such time as an official ClockworkMod recovery is available, I have created an interim (non official) ClockworkMod Touch release. Please note that the One X doesn't seem to enable access to USB when booted as recovery (proven by flashing the recovery partition with the insecure boot), so you will not be able to use ADB etc. at this time.

INSTALL AND USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Your bootloader must be unlocked via htcdev.com to install this.

To use, either flash via fastboot ('fastboot flash recovery r1-modaco-recovery-clockwork-touch-endeavoru.img') or boot directly ('fastboot boot r1-modaco-recovery-clockwork-touch-endeavoru.img').
    MOD EDIT: warning!!! old recovery with charging issues and NO USB Mount use latest recovery from here or TWRP

I have also uploaded the stock recovery should you wish to flash it (e.g. for OTA).

Enjoy! :)

• DOWNLOAD - MD5: f47ebe81400c00ddefc0499d2a18b9fd
    • DOWNLOAD - MD5: 4af6f2b658d2e13f72e928a72fcde9cd
    P

PS If you find this useful, details on how to donate should you wish to do so are available in the MoDaCo topic.
    ok so i dont want to hijack this thread or anything but i have been working on my own version of CWM-based recovery...

since it is based on the CWM 5.0.2.x branch (GB), there are some issue with getting touch screen properly working/recognized on an ICS kernel... but the recovery functions work correctly...

DSC_0094.JPG

if u guys are interested in this recovery do let me know i will post it in another thread
    putti download first and copy to c:/android on PC (must be there ADB.exe and fastboot.exe). Phone turn on on FASTBOOT i plug USB. Run CMD on PC and go to c:/android and copy this: 'fastboot flash recovery r1-modaco-recovery-clockwork-touch-endeavoru.img' to CMD and enter.

P
    I might be missing somethimg, but i've never really understood the point of 'superwipe'...

P

Same here. But some people think formatting partitions is magical in some way.

clearing /data is enough. If the rom installer (.zip) is made properly it will format /system before it copies the new files there.

I have had it happen once that a rom didnt clear /system before install. Ending upp in a weird aosp/sense mix rom that kept crashing.

So clear data (where user data is stored) and Cache (where cache is, files that usualy are not needed only for speeding things upp and storing temp-files, everything there is generaly just crap once you restart and removed automaticly or just overwritten).

a bonus of NOT USEING SUPERWHIPE is that you save ROM-lifetime, making less writes to the sectors - they got a finite lifetime!

and i HATE seeing tips like "clear dalvik/cache 5 times before and after bla bla bla". It's just stupid and dont acctualy make a diffrence - once formatted always formatted.. there is no way two formats are better then one.