Snapchat on rooted phones with xposed

Search This thread

Rakaan

Jan 15, 2011
London
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Galaxy S6 rooted and xposed installed and snapchat wouldnt log in.

Uninstalled the framework, removed the root with the script and snapchat got working. Installed root and xposed and everything works now.
So thank you.

non1oson

Feb 14, 2012
Thank you very much this worked for me I've been trying to get Snapchat to work for about year now. I do have one question though. If I use this method does this mean I can never update Snapchat without having to do all this all over again?

that's good to hear mate, I'm about to be in the same position I found out recently with snapchat and root users.
good luck!

mahroze

Aug 22, 2010
Lahore
Galaxy S6 rooted and xposed installed and snapchat wouldnt log in.

Uninstalled the framework, removed the root with the script and snapchat got working. Installed root and xposed and everything works now.
So thank you.

Im running S6 on Nougat (no xposed, but rooted) I cant get Snapchat to login, any help?

scinnox

Jul 20, 2012
I don't have xposed framework installed and even if I try to uninstall the xposed modules, login still doesn't work :(

usmanfarooq666s

Mar 21, 2017
Use root switch

1. Download root switch (by shakalaca)
2. Then open it and grant super user permission
3. Then clikck on block su binary
4. After that click enable (it will disable)
5. After that login to snapchat as usual
6. Done

Remember to revert the changes u have done in the app after successfully logging ito snapchat , or else u might brick ur phone when u restart it ☹☹

Last edited:

dpratt23

Oct 12, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Use root switch

6. Done

Remember to revert the changes u have done in the app after successfully logging ito snapchat , or else u might brick ur phone when u restart it ☹☹

Where is this app "Root Switch" Dont see it on the play store. Is it an XDA Exclusive?

Tedilos

Oct 5, 2016
Use root switch

6. Done

Thank!!! It works for me but i have to disable root too.

nicholas9543

Mar 21, 2014
Has anyone been able to login with the s7? Any methods besides RootCloak to hide it? I understand there is a method to sign in with a bone stock phone but I don't want to go that route. Not only its detecting xposed but it's also checking rooted device (status custom). Maybe possibly a saftynet hack?

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

ImitableBeatle

Oct 24, 2011
Miami, FL
Has anyone been able to login with the s7? Any methods besides RootCloak to hide it? I understand there is a method to sign in with a bone stock phone but I don't want to go that route. Not only its detecting xposed but it's also checking rooted device (status custom). Maybe possibly a saftynet hack?

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

I used the Root Switch app from Shakalaca and it worked instantly.
Just disable root, sign in, then enable root and your good to go!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: nicholas9543

CinnyRekt

Jan 18, 2017
I found a work around for it my phone died and I signed into my sc from another device used it and logged off when I tried signing in on my phone I got temp login failure notice this is what I did to get back on:

On a second device, download latest version and sign into Snapchat

Once done, root second device and download titanium backup

Make a back up of Snapchat from second device and send the .tibkp back up or whatever to the first device

On first device download latest version of snapchat and titanium back up and restore the data only from the file you sent to the first device from the second device

Once done use sc like normal

Works fine unless you sign out from Snapchat on the second device so what I did is I froze Snapchat on the second device and erased the back up.

BTW I used a Samsung tablet as a second device and s6 edge for first device

thanks bro this worked absolutely perfectly. never thought of this option

Reactions: Maurylucha

bearbeer

Apr 9, 2017
Hi, I have a question.
At the moment I'm at the newest Lineageos 14.1. After the Linage-ROM installation I have installed SuperSU and of course, my snapchat doesn't work.

Everywhere I read something about rooted devices and not working snapchat, there is the solution to uninstall xposed. But I have never installed xposed? :confused: sorry but I'm confused.

Should I uninstall SuperSU with the SuperSU-InApp Uninstaller which starts a factory reset or is there an other solution?

A.lemane

Mar 29, 2017
Im trying that right now. The other methods didn't work unfortunately.

same here last time i logged on was with that method (using bluestacks )

that is the only method that worked 4 me i literally tried every possible solution & i even got back to the stock rom and it didnt help ! (looks like they r blaclistin people phones ;)

#problem

Mar 27, 2016
Use root switch

6. Done

Thanks bro! Worked... Snapchat didnt let me login .. even though I don't have xposed install, just root! I used Snapchat version 9.45.

Hope it helps anyone!

mohildhamecha

Feb 23, 2013
Rajkot
OnePlus 9 Pro
Firstly I Uninstalled Root Totally And The Uninstalled Xposed Framework Totally But It Didn't Worked Out For Me But I Tried Your Method And It Worked Bro ????

Use root switch

6. Done

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    (skip to steps)
    As you all know, snapchat does not work on rooted phones anymore... Wrong! It doesn't work on phones with xposed framework, at least upon logging in.

steps (modified and simplified)
    a. uninstall xposed framework (ROOT DOES NOT MATTER, HAVING THE XPOSED APP ALSO DOES NOT MATTER, MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT HAVE THE FRAMEWORK INSTALLED) before installing snapchat then do a fresh install of snapchat. Only disabling the xposed module=fail
    b. log in into snapchat whithout having the xposed framework installed.
    c. after logging in, install the framework back
    voila, now you have all the xposed functions plus snapchat working just fine
    Goodluck!
    I found a work around for it my phone died and I signed into my sc from another device used it and logged off when I tried signing in on my phone I got temp login failure notice this is what I did to get back on:

Make a back up of Snapchat from second device and send the .tibkp back up or whatever to the first device

On first device download latest version of snapchat and titanium back up and restore the data only from the file you sent to the first device from the second device

Works fine unless you sign out from Snapchat on the second device so what I did is I froze Snapchat on the second device and erased the back up.

(skip to steps)
    As you all know, snapchat does not work on rooted phones anymore... Wrong! It doesn't work on phones with xposed framework. I kept searching for a solution and all i found was rootcloack to hide root. It's good, but snapchat actually checks for xposedbridge.jar. I disabled the framework in xposed and snapchat worked without any mods and even with root. You can find rootcloack in xposedrepo.

steps
    All in all, in order for snapchat to work (tested on lastest snapchat) you need to use rootcloack as follows:
    1. install it and activate it under modules in xposed- then restart the phone
    2.(i assume you have snapchat installed, if you do, clear data just in case) go to rootcloack,
    3. under add/remove apps, click on 3 dots and "reset to default"
    still in add/remove apps, add snapchat using +
    4 under add/remove keywords and comands (do the same for both) add Xposedbridge.jar XposedBridge Snapprefs.apk Snapprefs (last 2 only if you have snapprefs module and you want to have no problems)
    5. add the same commands to add/remove comands
    done.
    Another solution is to login before installing xposed and then you'll be all gravy. I just did this 10 min ago and can confirm it works.

Brilliant. Worked like a charm, thanks!
    the best solution is to install xposed uninstaller in your custom recovery mode if you want to login to snapchat in a rooted and xposed device. you can install xposed framework after you log in.