Search This thread

immortalneo

Jan 25, 2011
Malappuram, Kerala
There are a lot of people joining XDA on a daily basis, and there are a lot of repetitive questions being asked
which clutter up the Development and 'Q & A' threads. Point them here. Feel free to ask or answer questions.

The idea of this thread is to get users to help other users with their problems/questions. People are usually
ridiculed for asking questions that other people deem stupid even though it may be a legitimate question. This
leads to new users being afraid to ask questions!

Only provide well mannered help towards users in this thread. Please do not spoon feed, but rather point in
the direction where that user can find an answer
and educate himself. If you don't want to answer, at least
point out where to find the answer.

Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read THIS thread.

Then, have a quick look at the names of threads in Post No. 2, you might find what you need right away.

Third. Even if you do get your question answered, please do come back and read threads in Post No. 2
(coming later as soon as we start getting the guides) to educate yourself. You'll be surprised how much time
and frustration it will save you in the future!

No abuse towards noobs tolerated here! That means:
NO TROLLING
NO NAME CALLING
NO RIDICULING
NO FLAMING

ASK ANY QUESTION HERE! No question is stupid or irrelevant in this thread. You will either get an answer or will get pointed in the right direction.

*A Special Thanks to mark manning for his help in creating this thread*

HALL OF FAME

People who contributed most to this thread and helped countless number of people with their
problems/questions. In no particular order.

Bruce Wayne
post-mortem
SilentStrider
Ghostfreak NB
mayank9856
sgs22012
Zatta
ADDICT.ANK

These people also have the right to use the banner below:
Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif

Just add this code to your signature:
HTML:
[URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2257421"][IMG]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/41066660/Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif[/IMG][/URL]

Last edited:
Anyone give me a hand please?

Basically I set up a 6 digit passcode when I registered my fingerprint however I've forgotten that passcode & it's required after a restart (which I've done) so I'm literally locked out of my phone, however I'm logged in to my Google account & Huawei ID on the phone, is there anything I can do at all?

Note:- I'm doing everything I can to avoid factory resetting as I have text messages & pictures that unfortunately aren't backed up..

Thanks in advance

Edit: Device is a P20 Pro

Basically I set up a 6 digit passcode when I registered my fingerprint however I've forgotten that passcode & it's required after a restart (which I've done) so I'm literally locked out of my phone, however I'm logged in to my Google account & Huawei ID on the phone, is there anything I can do at all?

Note:- I'm doing everything I can to avoid factory resetting as I have text messages & pictures that unfortunately aren't backed up..

Thanks in advance

Are you rooted, with TWRP?

Completely stock unfortunately, it's a family members phone, they aren't tech savvy
Hmm.. that definitely hampers things. It's a security measures for a reason. Unfortunately, root/custom recovery would be needed to get rid of the lock files without wipe.

Raresh T

Jul 14, 2014
Completely stock unfortunately, it's a family members phone, they aren't tech savvy

The messenges and pictures are stored on a removable sd card ?

A couple suggestions :
1. Samsung has an option, to unlock a phone from computer, amongs other options. No idea about Huawei, might be a similar option
2. Do you usually do backups ? Perhaps you can access those backups to retrieve your data
3. There might be a way to reset the lockscreen via ADB. Might not work for newer devices.

Last edited:
P20 Pro doesn't have removable storage..

---------- Post added 10th October 2019 at 12:23 AM ---------- Previous post was 9th October 2019 at 11:39 PM ----------

A couple suggestions :
1. Samsung has an option, to unlock a phone from computer, amongs other options. No idea about Huawei, might be a similar option
2. Do you usually do backups ? Perhaps you can access those backups to retrieve your data
3. There might be a way to reset the lockscreen via ADB. Might not work for newer devices.
Can't seem to find if Huawei has something similar, I tried Find My Device but had no luck, as I said it's a family members device & they haven't done a backup, is it possible to do it remotely?, Also ADB requires USB Debugging enabled and unfortunately it isn't enabled..

---------- Post added at 12:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 AM ----------

Hmm.. that definitely hampers things. It's a security measures for a reason. Unfortunately, root/custom recovery would be needed to get rid of the lock files without wipe.
I'm hoping there is a method through Huawei ID maybe or Google, just to back up some stuff remotely, or just anything lol, as of now I'm sat here with it locked helpless...

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney

Although little close to the question of "is this really your phone?":rolleyes:

I am guessing you wont be able to click the confirmation that pops on your phone to allow it, but have you tried ADB?

Last edited:
Although little close to the question of "is this really your phone?":rolleyes:

I am guessing you wont be able to click the confirmation that pops on your phone to allow it, but have you tried ADB.
As I said it's a family members phone, it's up to you to believe me or not, I have full access to the Google Account & the Huawei ID (as it's my family members), I haven't tried ADB because I thought USB Debugging needed to be enabled?, Also the pop up for the RSA keys won't pop up on the lock screen I believe..

ktmom

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 22, 2015
Deep Space Station K7
P20 Pro doesn't have removable storage..

---------- Post added 10th October 2019 at 12:23 AM ---------- Previous post was 9th October 2019 at 11:39 PM ----------

Can't seem to find if Huawei has something similar, I tried Find My Device but had no luck, as I said it's a family members device & they haven't done a backup, is it possible to do it remotely?, Also ADB requires USB Debugging enabled and unfortunately it isn't enabled..

---------- Post added at 12:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 AM ----------

I'm hoping there is a method through Huawei ID maybe or Google, just to back up some stuff remotely, or just anything lol, as of now I'm sat here with it locked helpless...

The official backup app is Huawei HiSuite. But if this wasn't enabled already, your still stuck since it's an app on the phone. I think it's possible that HDB is enabled on the phone and that *might* allow you to connect to a computer. See the previous link.

Google backups go to hidden section of the Google drive account. It's possible that was turned on. If the pictures were stored in the Google photos app, they might have uploaded to the Google account photo gallery.

It's this exercise that ultimately teaches people (your family member [emoji6]) to take backups seriously.

The official backup app is Huawei HiSuite. But if this wasn't enabled already, your still stuck since it's an app on the phone. I think it's possible that HDB is enabled on the phone and that *might* allow you to connect to a computer. See the previous link.

Google backups go to hidden section of the Google drive account. It's possible that was turned on. If the pictures were stored in the Google photos app, they might have uploaded to the Google account photo gallery.

It's this exercise that ultimately teaches people (your family member [emoji6]) to take backups seriously.
HDB wasn't enabled unfortunately so when I try to connect to HiSuite it wants me to enable it in the settings which I can't do, beginning to think there's nothing more I can do..

Raresh T

Jul 14, 2014
The last suggestion that i have is that, if you are close to someone working at a Huawei service, they might have the tools to disable your lockscreen or retrieve your data. I remember that fbi case, with the terrorist iphone. In the end they found a way to open ot without a password. Do searched it, perhaps there still a chance

Raresh T

Jul 14, 2014
This might be the company involved in unlocking the iphone. Perhaps they can unlock your phobe as well

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191010-110129.jpg
    Screenshot_20191010-110129.jpg
    247.2 KB · Views: 104

ksio89

May 1, 2013
Are USB drives/external HDDs formatted in NTFS and exFAT supported by Android? I connected an USB drive formatted in NTFS, using an USB-C OTG adaptor, to my Moto G6 Plus running Android 9.0, but the system can't even read it. Same with exFAT. I'm pretty sure my previous device (rooted Asus ZenFone 3 Max ZC553KL running Android 7.1.1) had NTFS support, I thought NTFS was widely supported by Android devices in 2019, even on stock ROMs without root.

I want to copy 4GB+ files to the USB drive, but it's impossible in FAT32, which is the only FS my device reads. Is it possible to implement NTFS and exFAT support on custom ROMs?

edit: nevermind, just found an excellent file manager app called MiXplorer, which has support to read NTFS and read/write exFAT formatted USB drives. Connected an USB drive unit, and it's accessible with this excellent app, highly recommnded. Here's the link: https://labs.xda-developers.com/store/app/com.mixplorer

Last edited:

Ish053

Oct 15, 2019
Downgrade to Stock without Tripping Knox

Hi everyone at XDA.
I am fairly new to this and understand how to downgrade my phone. The Odin tutorial is almost spot on. My question are:
1) If I downgrade, will it trip knox?
2) If knox is tripped.. What does that potentially mean? What are the consequences? Other than warranty is void.
3) Which is my official stock firmware?
(Model Number: SM-G960F )
(Android Version: 9)
(Baseband V: G960FXXU6CSGD)
(Phone was bought in the UAE) If any other information is needed please let me know.

I have read countless threads on the forum but have come across multiple different answers regarding KNOX. If any one here knows 100%, please share. Also how do I find my stock firmware. I followed the Odin tut. which led to this page (firmwarefile.c0m/samsung-sm-g960f). The problem is it does not have the country for UAE. Which might be a noob thing to say but I don't know if that matters.

Thank you :)

Last edited:

ktmom

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 22, 2015
Deep Space Station K7
SM-J415F

I need to convert phone to 64 .

Soc is sd425 and it is 64 but software is 32 .

So I need more space in vendor , 64 kernel is ready
First, I don't do Samsung [emoji56] so I'm reluctant to opine. I would personally hesitate to do this since there is a real chance of bricking.

Maybe the people in this thread will help.

Reactions: xunholyx

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016

Top Liked Posts