[ROM] Unwatermarked, Official, Hero

Search This thread

bigzae

Jan 2, 2009
Detroit
Ok so first when I flashed hero it looped, so I pulled the battery and did a wipe, now its not looping but goin to a blank screen, would did I do wrong and how can I fix it.

If this has been resolved already I apologize for asking again but I got tired of reading all the posts(lol) because this rom has me frustrated, so thx in adv.

manup456

Dec 10, 2008
Danbury
www.creativeminds.graphics
Ok so first when I flashed hero it looped, so I pulled the battery and did a wipe, now its not looping but goin to a blank screen, would did I do wrong and how can I fix it.

If this has been resolved already I apologize for asking again but I got tired of reading all the posts(lol) because this rom has me frustrated, so thx in adv.
When it was looping why did you pull the battery thats why you need to mount your phone once it was looping and push the apps. Install the update then push the apps when its looping.

h.nocturna

Oct 8, 2008
I just tried flashing the new dalvikvm to my device by replacing the two files from the previous update.zip with the new ones you just uploaded, and still no go. Still crashes everytime I swipe on the main page. I'm going to flash back to original now cuz I don't know what to do :/ ... I'll try again if anyone gets it working.

bigzae

Jan 2, 2009
Detroit
When it was looping why did you pull the battery thats why you need to mount your phone once it was looping and push the apps. Install the update then push the apps when its looping.

That was my error, I didn't read far enough into the thread. I tried flashing it again but I get the same blank screen.

manup456

Dec 10, 2008
Danbury
www.creativeminds.graphics
You wipe the install when it starts you will be looping be sure to have your ext2 clean and ready for the apps. Then it will be looping adb remount and push the files to your ext2 wait till all the apps install then adb shell reboot. Done

Ellises

Sep 19, 2008
twitter.com
well check and see if u have a pvt phone, its know that the new spl doesnt brick those phones but it bricks dvt phones

Known

I can't find much information concerning pvt and dvt phones. Does anyone know how to determine this?
I have one of the original black g1 phones, which according to hardspl I have a drea100 or something like that, don't know if that helps.

peary27

Jun 1, 2009
Power off phone, hold camera and power button, it will reboot to rainbow screen with the pvt or dvt on top line.

berchielli

Jun 13, 2008
People, I'm really, REALLY confused! Can some one help me? It's a very simple question but I can't find a straight answer.
I have old Radio and HardSPL.

So, the ONLY thing that I should do to have NEW SPL + RADIO is apply update.zip from the "EDIT2" from this post? http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=517593
This is going to brick my phone? I have a PVT bord.
/
Tks very much. I'm really scared of bricking my phone if I update the wrong file. This phone is something like 800 dollars in my country... =(

Last edited:

wootroot

Mar 20, 2009
Glen Burnie
People, I'm really, REALLY confused! Can some one help me? It's a very simple question but I can't find a straight answer.
I have old Radio and HardSPL.

So, the ONLY thing that I should do to have NEW SPL + RADIO is apply update.zip from the "EDIT2" from this post? http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=517593
This is going to brick my phone? I have a PVT bord.
/
Tks very much. I'm really scared of bricking my phone if I update the wrong file. This phone is something like 800 dollars in my country... =(

pvt shouldnt, but could, didnt on mine, probably wont on yours, if you cant risk it,you shouldnt do it, simple as that, i risked it, and so did alot of people, most turned out fine

Ellises

Sep 19, 2008
twitter.com
Power off phone, hold camera and power button, it will reboot to rainbow screen with the pvt or dvt on top line.

Yeah I was already doing that after posting my message realizing I didn't know much what that screen said on it. So it says dream100 pvt, so that means I should be safe. Thanks for the help. But to bother you guys more, do you know if older ROMs will work on the new spl? Like if I decided i don't like the hero rom and decided to go back to haykuro's older roms or a jf one.

We need a SPL thread or some faq on these individual questions and items (I would be willing to help out to compile a faq on everything).

wootroot

Mar 20, 2009
Glen Burnie
Tks man.
But the only thing you did was apply the update.zip from EDIT2?

no, i did radio and spl before that edit2 even existed, i updated my radio to haykuros latest radio (on his blog are links to it, search for it if you havnt found it yet), then i did the spl, just renamed each of them to update.zip, and flashed the radio first of course, id say try it, because these roms are amazing, but if this is a phone you need to keep un bricked, and cant, and i mean absolutely cant afford to brick, than its not worth the risk. its a small one, but if its really that serious that you cant take the chance of bricking it, just wait for a sure non bricking update to come out that is completely safe (if it does)

Last edited:

bigzae

Jan 2, 2009
Detroit
You wipe the install when it starts you will be looping be sure to have your ext2 clean and ready for the apps. Then it will be looping adb remount and push the files to your ext2 wait till all the apps install then adb shell reboot. Done

When I try to push the files in the blank screen it says........ adb:not found