[App]Google Wallet Installer

Search This thread

Prl91

Nov 28, 2012
Columbus
Wallet Installer has been updated on the server side. The credit goes to Paul Obrien for the new version! To install it, simply reset Google Wallet, delete it, and then rerun Wallet Installer! Make sure to also have BusyBox installed/updated!

Last edited:
Reactions: xObey and jawonder

NycKid175

Sep 19, 2012
Miami, FL
I just tried installing the APK file but when I try to setup the Wallet app it says that my device is not ready, I tried rebooting the device and clearing Cache, Dalvik Cache & Fix Permissions and still nothing am I missing something here?

Last edited:

Prl91

Nov 28, 2012
Columbus
I just tried installing the APK file but when I try to setup the Wallet app it says that my device is not ready, I tried rebooting the device and clearing Cache, Dalvik Cache & Fix Permissions and still nothing am I missing something here?

It may be as simple as trying to run it while on a different network connection. There's also a chance that if you didn't reset wallet first, there may be an issue with the setup.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: jawonder

NycKid175

Sep 19, 2012
Miami, FL
It may be as simple as trying to run it while on a different network connection. There's also a chance that if you didn't reset wallet first, there may be an issue with the setup.

I was running it on my WiFi connection at home so should I try my 4G connection? Also, when I am done installing the app I should reset the app right away correct?

lennysh

Sep 14, 2007
White Oak, NC
www.lennysh.com
Not sure about any of you, but I installed this fine without doing anything and Wallet has yet to tell me my device was unsupported and I'm definitely rooted and unlocked.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

TechSavvy2

Sep 26, 2011
Wow, awesome! I never bothered with the Google Wallet mess before because it was too much work for us crack flashers (I'm too lazy and flash 3-4 times a day). This app is my new best friend (and my debit cards worst enemy given how many sodas I buy in between classes now, lol). Donation coming!

Prl91

Nov 28, 2012
Columbus
Wow, awesome! I never bothered with the Google Wallet mess before because it was too much work for us crack flashers (I'm too lazy and flash 3-4 times a day). This app is my new best friend (and my debit cards worst enemy given how many sodas I buy in between classes now, lol). Donation coming!

Crack flashers like you and me are the reason I made this! : ) Enjoy! Also, thanks for the donation : )

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

fastmatt613

Jul 25, 2011
Manalapan
Quick question, I just installed google wallet on my verizon gs3 which is running synergy r290. Seems to have worked fine and I was able to add my debit card successfully. Of course have not tried any purchases yet. Am I safe to restore my build prop at this time? I would love to not run into any problems lol. Thanks in advance! Also, can additional cards be added later on with the gs3 build prop?

Btw, this app was awesome op. Donation definitely coming!

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2

Prl91

Nov 28, 2012
Columbus
Quick question, I just installed google wallet on my verizon gs3 which is running synergy r290. Seems to have worked fine and I was able to add my debit card successfully. Of course have not tried any purchases yet. Am I safe to restore my build prop at this time? I would love to not run into any problems lol. Thanks in advance! Also, can additional cards be added later on with the gs3 build prop?

Btw, this app was awesome op. Donation definitely coming!

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2

Glad it worked for you! Yes, you can restore your build.prop now, and also yes to being able to add more cards later. Thanks for considering donating! All donations go to server and project related fees, so all donations are appreciated : )

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

cgjjaf

Jun 25, 2010
CM10.1 latest nightlies

Just a quick note that the Wallet Installer will soft-brick your phone if you are using the latest CM10.1 official nightly (02/13), I tried it four times and it soft-bricked the phone every single time. Let me be more specific, the program will install the wallet, but once you try to restore the build.pro that's when the soft-brick will happen. It could be that I am doing something wrong, but it worked flawlessly in previous nightlies. The CM team probably changed something that is causing this. I will continue to try to install it in the next CM updates.

Chrisace89

Jan 10, 2010
The installer works well installed Google wallet on my phone with out any problems but after I open the app and put in my pin it says it's setting up wallet and then I get a error message. It has a button for try again or it recommends to restart. I tried both I tried un installing and re installing but it always gets stuck on this step. Can anyone help??

lvgdgts

Oct 27, 2006
The installer works well installed Google wallet on my phone with out any problems but after I open the app and put in my pin it says it's setting up wallet and then I get a error message. It has a button for try again or it recommends to restart. I tried both I tried un installing and re installing but it always gets stuck on this step. Can anyone help??

For no obvious reason, I have had a similar issue today. It worked on Tuesday, but on the PIN screen, when the PIN is entered I get a very brief spinning circle and then right back to the PIN screen. Odd...

Edit: Used Titanium Backup to wipe the data and was then able to use Wallet.

Last edited:

markbeckstrom

Feb 15, 2013
Can't find "Wallet Installer" on Play

Am I blind? Perhaps dumb? I cannot find The "Wallet Installer" App on Play. Is it still there?

Also since I am new to Android (Been in computers and programming for 30 years), do you have a step by step procedure for side loading Wallet? I have the Verizon 32gig GSIII.

Thanks and I will send a donation with thanks. Oh do you accept Google Wallet? ;)

Google Wallet Installer for Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, and US Cellular Samsung Galaxy S3.

My application, "Wallet Installer", will install Google Wallet.......

lvgdgts

Oct 27, 2006
Am I blind? Perhaps dumb? I cannot find The "Wallet Installer" App on Play. Is it still there?

Also since I am new to Android (Been in computers and programming for 30 years), do you have a step by step procedure for side loading Wallet? I have the Verizon 32gig GSIII.

Thanks and I will send a donation with thanks. Oh do you accept Google Wallet? ;)
You should be able to download the .apk in the 1st post onto your SD card, use a file explorer to install it. This will give you Wallet Installer. Use the Installer to select your Rom and carrier and it will install Wallet. Open that and follow the directions. Once Wallet is set up, use the Installer to restore your build.prop, but don't do that until after you've set up at least one card.

bdbrotherton

Nov 15, 2009
Just a quick note that the Wallet Installer will soft-brick your phone if you are using the latest CM10.1 official nightly (02/13), I tried it four times and it soft-bricked the phone every single time. Let me be more specific, the program will install the wallet, but once you try to restore the build.pro that's when the soft-brick will happen. It could be that I am doing something wrong, but it worked flawlessly in previous nightlies. The CM team probably changed something that is causing this. I will continue to try to install it in the next CM updates.

Worked fine for me...same nightly...but TMobile...sorry can't help ya.

Sent from my BADASS SGH-T999!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Google Wallet Installer for Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, and US Cellular Samsung Galaxy S3.

Requires ROOT, an UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER, and BUSYBOX!(A deodexed ROM is just recommended)

My newest project, RemoteFlash, was just released! Take a look and give it a try!

Wallet Installer Is Now Available For Free To All Supported Carrier Models On XDA! (Donations Appreciated)

My application, "Wallet Installer", will install Google Wallet on almost any US based Samsung Galaxy S3. It simply edits your build.prop and then places the correct modifications into your system. It downloads all the files from my personal server, which is pretty quick. Just select the appropriate Rom type: AOSP, JB Touchwiz, or ICS TouchWiz, and then your carrier: Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, or US Cellular. I also added a restore option for your build.prop, so you can restore it after you setup Google Wallet. Hopefully this helps you out and makes the process easier!

Wallet Installer has been updated on the server side. The credit goes to Paul Obrien for the new version! To install it, simply reset Google Wallet, delete it, and then rerun Wallet Installer! Make sure to also have BusyBox installed/updated!

Please donate if my work helps you : )

V3: No Recovery/More Stable

Original Thread: Here

And as always: I take no responsibility for bricked devices, whether a soft brick or a full on brand new coffee coaster.​
    As a thought, maybe I should make it open source and allow people to contribute to other devices.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
    Will this be updated to the new version of wallet released today?

Eventually.

you guys seriously need to learn how to read through threads. after about 10 minutes of reading the first few posts i found out why my phone soft bricked and how to fix it without asking. chances are that if you encountered a problem, 10 people already posted about how to rectify it in the first few pages. the lesson? READ
    Wallet Installer was pulled from the market by Google tonight, so it will be made available to all supported carrier models tonight for free on XDA. I can't say that I didn't see this coming.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium