[Q] Boeffla Kernel Charging Help

Search This thread

mowgli_writes

Dec 23, 2013
Yangon
Hello everyone,

Greetings from Buma! :eek: The Galaxy Note 10.1 N8013 (Wi-Fi Only) is my first Android device, and I've been flashing roms and doing various other tweaks and things ever since I got it.

However, every non-TW ROM has fallen flat for me in terms of stability, so I've resorted to a rooted Stock ROM which I have de-bloated and flashed the Boeffla Kernel (stable 2.2).

Here lies the snag: performance and battery life are sexy, but I've been unable to get a good Charging Rate.

For instance, it charges 50 percent over the course of 6 hours while turned off. :(

Boeffla Config V2 says that the charging rate is 1900 (default) and USB charging rate is around 400 (default as well).

Any help would be appreciated as Boeffla has been pefect so far, except for this slow charge...my battery health seems to be good as well, checking through other apps...

Sincerely,
mowgli

d4rkkn16ht

Mar 19, 2008
Bandung
www.youtube.com
Hello everyone,

Greetings from Buma! :eek: The Galaxy Note 10.1 N8013 (Wi-Fi Only) is my first Android device, and I've been flashing roms and doing various other tweaks and things ever since I got it.

However, every non-TW ROM has fallen flat for me in terms of stability, so I've resorted to a rooted Stock ROM which I have de-bloated and flashed the Boeffla Kernel (stable 2.2).

Here lies the snag: performance and battery life are sexy, but I've been unable to get a good Charging Rate.

For instance, it charges 50 percent over the course of 6 hours while turned off. :(

Boeffla Config V2 says that the charging rate is 1900 (default) and USB charging rate is around 400 (default as well).

Any help would be appreciated as Boeffla has been pefect so far, except for this slow charge...my battery health seems to be good as well, checking through other apps...

Sincerely,
mowgli

More info needed:
  1. New or used N8013
  2. OEM charger and/or cable or 3rd party charger and/or cable
  3. How old is the device

mowgli_writes

Dec 23, 2013
Yangon
More info needed:
  1. New or used N8013
  2. OEM charger and/or cable or 3rd party charger and/or cable
  3. How old is the device

It's a used N8013 (coming up on 1 years old) with the OEM charger. And charging is fine on other ROMs (tested on IOKP) and Kernels (Zeus Kernel with stock TW, for instance).

Could it have something to do with my CPU Idle mode choice " Idle + LPA"?

Thank you for trying to help. :)

d4rkkn16ht

Mar 19, 2008
Bandung
www.youtube.com
It's a used N8013 (coming up on 1 years old) with the OEM charger. And charging is fine on other ROMs (tested on IOKP) and Kernels (Zeus Kernel with stock TW, for instance).

Could it have something to do with my CPU Idle mode choice " Idle + LPA"?

Thank you for trying to help. :)
More info needed:
  1. How do you measure charging rate?
  2. What ROM do you use (I guess a stock ROM but I need confirmation) when you are using Boeffla Kernel?
  3. Are you also using stock cable?

Last edited:

fuadda

Sep 29, 2013
More info needed:
  1. How do you measure charging rate?
  2. What ROM do you use (I guess a stock ROM but I need confirmation) when you are using Boeffla Kernel?
  3. Are you also using stock cable?

1. install app "galaxy charging current"
2. hd revolution rom
3. nope. my stock cable was destroyed

d4rkkn16ht

Mar 19, 2008
Bandung
www.youtube.com
2. hd revolution rom

For more accurate result use Battery Monitor Widget.
  1. Use your device until the battery is lower than 80% (the lower the better).
    Why? Because when your battery reach 90% the charging state will become slow/normal charging to prevent battery damage.
  2. Close all running apps
  3. Open Battery Monitor Widget or set it as a widget to make it easier.
  4. Connect your charger.
  5. Close the screen & wait about 1 - 2 minutes.
  6. Activate the screen & look for the charging rate.
    • Quick Charging : 1100 ~ 1600 mAh
    • Normal Charging : 100 ~ 800 mAh
    • Slow Charging : < 100 mAh

Quick Charging should make the charging last around 5 hours from 0 - 10% to 100%
Normal Charging should make the charging last around 7 - 10 hours.
Slow Charging can last more than 12 hours or not charging at all, even depleting your battery while charging.

Reactions: mowgli_writes

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2. hd revolution rom

For more accurate result use Battery Monitor Widget.
    1. Use your device until the battery is lower than 80% (the lower the better).
      Why? Because when your battery reach 90% the charging state will become slow/normal charging to prevent battery damage.
    2. Close all running apps
    3. Open Battery Monitor Widget or set it as a widget to make it easier.
    4. Connect your charger.
    5. Close the screen & wait about 1 - 2 minutes.
    6. Activate the screen & look for the charging rate.
      • Quick Charging : 1100 ~ 1600 mAh
      • Normal Charging : 100 ~ 800 mAh
      • Slow Charging : < 100 mAh

Quick Charging should make the charging last around 5 hours from 0 - 10% to 100%
    Normal Charging should make the charging last around 7 - 10 hours.
    Slow Charging can last more than 12 hours or not charging at all, even depleting your battery while charging.