CyanogenMod 7.2.0 (Android 2.3.7)(2012.05.26)

Search This thread

jorgerivera

Sep 10, 2009
Moravia
Open issues?

Hi guys,

I'm very happy to find this thread! A big thanks to all the devs involved in making this happen!

One small question:

Do you have a list of open known issues for this ROM?

WinSuk

Jan 18, 2011
winsuk.net
Unfortunate but understandable. Wasn't the kernel source the last missing piece of the puzzle to squash the last few bugs with the CM7 port?

Maybe.. my idea was to see how the kernel works so the ROM can be adapted to it.. I'm not really skilled enough for that though.
The source release is pretty sloppy... most of the packages are .rar renamed to .tgz (wtf?), and the kernel won't even build (which looks like it was on purpose)

Reactions: mustafu

cyber72589

Jun 14, 2012
I need help!!

Everytime i open Google Playstore it asks me for a account and when i go to settings to make one i can only make a exchange account....how can i fix this problem?

Im new at this sorry :/

Sent from my Filpside using xda premium

WinSuk

Jan 18, 2011
winsuk.net

cesargdmi

Feb 7, 2011
Cali
SOme Problems

Hi guys

i have simultaneos problems, my feedback is the next.

1. the phones restart continuosly, maybe is for the volts into 2init is incorrect (this init is of DEFY), if maybe knows how to reajust this settings please help me whitch the correct settings.

2. the tethering WIfi not work, try start but at final appear error.

now for configure the 3G only donwload the defy baseband switcher and configure into you location y voala :) WORKS :)

see you

Last edited:
Reactions: zizoux2

phapsubongtoi

Mar 23, 2012
i have read this information from Laidaxin's forum :
thanks to Tsing Yi 3G WCDMA 850/2100 frequency correction, I have no 3G card, so can not test, thanks tothe XDA solution, has foreign friends confirmed wcdma 850/2100 frequency
Does that mean we can use 3G 2100MHz on Flipside ????

zizoux2

Mar 30, 2012
Caracas
when received incoming calls, phone reboot ?

Hi guys

i have simultaneos problems, my feedback is the next.

1. the phones restart continuosly, maybe is for the volts into 2init is incorrect (this init is of DEFY), if maybe knows how to reajust this settings please help me whitch the correct settings.

2. the tethering WIfi not work, try start but at final appear error.

now for configure the 3G only donwload the defy baseband switcher and configure into you location y voala :) WORKS :)

see you

First thanks, i flash "defy baseband switcher" like you did.

Question, when received incoming calls, phone reboot ?

jorgerivera

Sep 10, 2009
Moravia
OK, I went for it and tried the version labeled "7-20120619". Before this, I had the one labeled "7.2.0-RC1".

So far, I have seen the following improvements:

1. Camcorder works for me now.
2. Localization has been fixed for Spare Parts. (It was in Chinese when I had English selected as my language.)

Issues that still happen:

3. Calling with 3G enabled reboots phone. (I'm trying it on a 850MHz network in Costa Rica. 2G network works fine.)
4. FM radio app is Chinese-only.

New issues:

5. It used to have a Spanish localization, but maybe this is just a nightly-style release and it makes sense to reduce locales during tests.

I'm glad that progress is being made!

@laidaxin: if you need help testing, just let me know!

phapsubongtoi

Mar 23, 2012
OK, I went for it and tried the version labeled "7-20120619". Before this, I had the one labeled "7.2.0-RC1".

So far, I have seen the following improvements:

1. Camcorder works for me now.
2. Localization has been fixed for Spare Parts. (It was in Chinese when I had English selected as my language.)

Issues that still happen:

3. Calling with 3G enabled reboots phone. (I'm trying it on a 850MHz network in Costa Rica. 2G network works fine.)
4. FM radio app is Chinese-only.

New issues:

5. It used to have a Spanish localization, but maybe this is just a nightly-style release and it makes sense to reduce locales during tests.

I'm glad that progress is being made!

@laidaxin: if you need help testing, just let me know!
the 3g still not work but the 2G, EDGE work more stable, the GPS is also more stable. The wifi hotspot perhaps work :good:

gagdude

Jun 10, 2012
Northbrook
keyboard symbols mapped wrong

Hi,
I just flashed the ROM and I seem to have a problem with the physical keyboard's symbols. The letters and anything in white work fine, but when I push the Fn key and try to type a number or symbol, they come out weird. None are correctly mapped.
for example, pushing Fn+T(which should insert 5) it creates a +
any help on this?

In addition, pushing the SYM key will not give me a list of symbols, but rather a prompt for the input method.

I didnt notice these bugs being discussed, so I thought I'd share

Thanks!

bakageta

Jan 19, 2010
Yep, exact same issues here with the 6/19 build, wiped data/cache and reflashed just in case and same results. Oh well, going back to the previous build.

gagdude

Jun 10, 2012
Northbrook
Like bakageta, I decided to flash an older build. To be exact, the 5/26 RC1. The SYM key still brings up the input menu prompt, but frankly, with the function keys working again, I dont care whatsoever.
In addition, I dont notice many differences between the two, so theres not much loss.
I would like to point out this small bug that I really don't think anyone cares about, but in landscape, the status bar is a hassle to pull back up once its down. *shrugs*

But I just wanted to say WOW! I bought this phone used (at $20 :D) to hold off until I can get a better phone during the winter of this year. Coming from a Moto Cliq, I feel like I have a superphone right now, especially with Cyanogenmod7.2! Before I bought this, my biggest concern was dev support and whereas the CLIQ is officially supported by Cyanogen, this is not. But who needs official support when you've got laidaxin? Besides, the stable release of CM7.2 had a fatal error on my Cliq, forcing me to use another dev's CM7.1 and the only big problem here is no 3G+Calling. Not that it matters since I never use data, I'm around wifi 90% of the time.

Thank you again, Froyo, Motoblur, and extreme lack of internal memory was killing me for a few days when I first got this, but this ROM and Link2SD has made it so much better.

phapsubongtoi

Mar 23, 2012
Hi,
I just flashed the ROM and I seem to have a problem with the physical keyboard's symbols. The letters and anything in white work fine, but when I push the Fn key and try to type a number or symbol, they come out weird. None are correctly mapped.
for example, pushing Fn+T(which should insert 5) it creates a +
any help on this?

In addition, pushing the SYM key will not give me a list of symbols, but rather a prompt for the input method.

I didnt notice these bugs being discussed, so I thought I'd share

Thanks!

Download the Fix keyboard.rar, extract, copy two file : sholes-keypad.kcm and umts_sage-keypad.kcm to sdcard
On phone, use Root Explorer to copy that files to system/usr/keychars and set all permissions.

Last edited:
Reactions: gagdude and mustafu

gagdude

Jun 10, 2012
Northbrook
Download the Fix keyboard.rar, extract, copy two file : sholes-keypad.kcm and umts_sage-keypad.kcm to sdcard
On phone, use Root Explorer to copy that files to system/usr/keychars and set all permissions.

Yeah I thought it had something to do with those .kcm files, I just didn't how I should edit them... by now I flashed an older build, but I would like to try your method. The problem is, I don't seem to have a recovery...?

When I go to power menu, reboot, then recovery, its stuck on motorola logo and I have to yank the battery. When I power up holding down the x, I go to the STOCK android recovery (eeek). I attempted to flash use one of the custom recoveries for the flipout on eclair (which worked on stock froyo) it said successful but I still got stock recovery.

phapsubongtoi

Mar 23, 2012
Yeah I thought it had something to do with those .kcm files, I just didn't how I should edit them... by now I flashed an older build, but I would like to try your method. The problem is, I don't seem to have a recovery...?

When I go to power menu, reboot, then recovery, its stuck on motorola logo and I have to yank the battery. When I power up holding down the x, I go to the STOCK android recovery (eeek). I attempted to flash use one of the custom recoveries for the flipout on eclair (which worked on stock froyo) it said successful but I still got stock recovery.

you should choose Reboot--->bootmenu ;)

Reactions: mustafu and gagdude

bakageta

Jan 19, 2010
Our recovery doesn't actually replace the stock one, it hijacks the boot process. You need to reboot the phone and watch for the notification led to light up, then hit the volume down button. It should still be on the red M boot logo at that point, the screen should dim slightly just as the led lights up. From there, you're in the boot menu, and can pick recovery > stable recovery.

Reactions: mustafu

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod 7 for Motorola Sage

Status CyanogenMod 7.2 RC0 (17.03.2012)

Changelogs:

Code:
    [B]2012.05.26[/B]
    fixed the GPS icon in the statebar

added some moudle to fixed some error

replace the radio,and test for the 3G problem,only test now,it may not work

OC fixed,you may need the touch bootmenu to open it

some other problem that I may not remember
    [B]2012.04.09[/B]
    fixed the LED 

fixed the camera

fixed the GPS but still not show the icon in the statebar

fixed the keyboard lights

fixed some small bugs

The 3G problem I may not know how to fixed,because the 800/1900 in China is EDGE.My phone worked on EDGE well. 

[B]2012.03.17[/B]
    fixed the sensors problem,the ProximitySensor and LightsSensor now can worked!

fixed the audio player problem

add the H.264 endoced,now it can play 720P without OC

The GPS can not work because it miss the location provider

The camera can work well but the video must turn to "Low" to work

Keyboard Light must setup in "Setting-CMSetting"to turn on

any other problem that i may not remenber

INSTRUCTIONS:
    1. Copy *.zip to sdcard
    2. Reboot your device in BootMenu/ClockWork
    3. WIPE (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition)
    4. Install the *zip
    5. Reboot

Sources on github:

https://github.com/MagicDevTeam

Download:
    http://www.591fan.com/thread-6633-1-1.html

http://115.com/file/bej5e6oa#

Latest Google APPS

Sorry for my poor English!
    It should be 0 by default I think, change that to 255. I JUST finished downloading it, had major issues. One of the two mirror links was giving 404 errors, and the other was timing out ~20mb into the download. I threw it up on mediafire for anyone else having issues getting it (or for anyone too impatient to wait through the ~20k/sec I was getting here in the US :p).

http://www.mediafire.com/?r772bhx49uoc6u2
    According to this site, there seems to be a newer version available, dated 6/19:

http://www.591fan.com/forum-76-1.html

Google Translate is terrible, and it seems to need a 'Reading Access 10', whatever that is. Any way this newer release can make it over here, I wonder?

here is link : http://115.com/file/e785sovq
    WinSuk has asked Motorola for few months, but there has had no answer from them up to now

I asked for kernel source, not the boot loader...

For anyone interested, I tried again but a different way and got a reply... based on the other threads asking the same thing (for other devices), they release the source a few weeks after it's asked for
    http://sourceforge.net/motorola/discussion/opensource_feedback/thread/cd4e3368/

As for the boot loader, many people have petitioned/asked for them to be unlocked, and Motorola said they would - except there's only the Xoom (which is more or less a Google device) and a special version of the Droid RAZR unlockable.
    Maybe there will be hope with Google taking over (every Google device is made to be unlockable without any hacks/exploits)
    May be you will do this:
    1.replace the /lib/moudles/modem_pm_driver.ko

2.add the missing files in system/lib,like the librilswith.so etc...

3.change the build.prop in ril lines

you all can try this for 3G problem.I try it,but when reboot to the system,I can't get any sign.But this way is the only way to solve this problem.Maybe I foget some lib or any other files fo this change.I work on CM9 now,good luck!