[XT925] Downgrade to ICS stock rom ! Root any JB rom !

Search This thread
T

thund3rbay

[UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER ONLY ]
Okay i have found the solution ! but i take no responsability if you brick your phone !
My device is an XT925 ! from Rogers Canada !
I never lost IMEI during this downgrade ! Your bootlader must be unlocked !
1 : Charge your phone !
2 : Download the DROID RAZR HD Utility 1.10 - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1970267
3 : Go to fastboot...
4 : Downgrade ( yes is for XT926 but it work for XT925 )
5 : Go to fastboot don't let android start ( push 10 seconds power on - vol- - vol+ if the verizon logo start ...the phone shutdown go back to fastboot )
( i don't try to start the phone with the xt926 rom... )
6 : Download and flash via rsd the rom you want ( work great with O2 and LATAM retail )
( off topic : latam retail have only 3 language ... English spanish port...)
7: Downgrade security error ? or get var error ? Edit the XML Inside the rom : delete the 2 get var line :
<step operation="getvar" var="max-download-size" />
<step operation="oem" var="fb_mode_set" />
and delete :
<step operation="flash" partition="partition" filename="partition_signed" MD5="0c0917493a29c487f87434a0997c3048" />
8 : Enjoy your ics stock rom...
9 : Upgrade to Jelly Bean if available and if you want

ROOT ALL JB ROM ( and ICS rom )
No need to use OTA rootkeeper when bootloader is unlocked !
Flash CWM
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1973904

and Flash SuperSU Via CWM
http://download.chainfire.eu/298/SuperSU/CWM-SuperSU-v0.99.zip

Need LTE on JB rom ?
Flash via fastboot your modem and fsg...

fastboot erase modemst1
fastboot erase modemst2
Fastboot flash modem modem_signed
Fastboot flash fsb fsb_signed

I really love the o2 ROM... no bloatware...Fast... many language ( french ... arabic... etc )

Last edited:

SickBeast

May 15, 2011
OP you're a genius thank you so much for figuring this out!

Hey do you know if the Rogers software will work for Fido? Well I got all of the Fido custom software?

Last edited:
Reactions: Hinyo
T

thund3rbay

Why ... if you do not delete ... there are an error when you flash...
This method is listed in many others topics ...
The only line anothers line i have deleted is
<step operation="flash" partition="partition" filename="partition_signed" MD5="0c0917493a29c487f87434a0997c3048" />
if i don't delete i have the downgrade security error
I really have no error with my XT925 ! from Rogers Canada !
Flashed 4 friend with the O2 rom

Last edited:

salada2k

Jun 22, 2008
Melbourne
Do not delete this line

Why not? I deleted that line and the last line (see below) that was similar. No issues whatsoever, in fact the whole thing worked a treat!

The other line I also deleted was:

<step var="fb_mode_clear" operation="oem"/>

I figured if you're not setting it at the beginning, then there is no need to clear it at the end.

Last edited:
T

thund3rbay

If you have problem with your LTE
Make this before flashing the modem and fsg via fastboot
fastboot erase modemst1
fastboot erase modemst2

Scourge1024

Mar 27, 2011
Sherwood Park, AB
So, what exactly is the point of the DROID RAZR HD Utility 1.10? I reverted back to stock ICS by deleting that partition line and the getvar line and flashing via RSD Lite.

If you have to delete the <step operation="flash" partition="partition" filename="partition_signed" MD5="0c0917493a29c487f87434a0997c3048" /> line, that just means that there's still something irreversible after going JB.

Update: My SD card is not accessible after doing things my way.

Update 2: I think I'm retarded... I had my USB settings in Mass Storage mode (which blocks me from my SD card from my phone).

Last edited:

flying_dutchman

Jul 9, 2008
Lyon
Hi,

What is that "partition" line do anyway? Can we delete it without consequences ?

Sent from my XT925 using xda app-developers app

elcacho

Sep 29, 2009
I am on stock ICS Telcel Rom with unlocked bootloader.
Tried to upgrade to Brasilian Retail 4.1.2 FW using RDS lite 6.0.

1. The power in the house went down, resulting a Fail in the flashing process.
2. Booting up the phone brings me straight to Fastboot saying: Fastboot reason: Flash Failure.
3. Selecting "Normal Powerup" the phone boots to my stock ICS.
4. I tried flashing the Stock ROM through RDS Lite, but it gives me a "Partition_signed" error

I believe that my Fastboot is somehow corrupted and i want to try the following method to recover:

1. Download Telcel Stock Rom
2. Edit the .xml file removing the lines:
a. <step operation="flash" partition="partition" filename="partition_signed" MD5="0c0917493a29c487f87434a0997c3048" />
b. Getvar line
3. Install the ROM using RDS lite 6.0

Is this the correct way? Also: what does eliminating the "Step operation.." line means?

---------- Post added at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------

So, what exactly is the point of the DROID RAZR HD Utility 1.10? I reverted back to stock ICS by deleting that partition line and the getvar line and flashing via RSD Lite.

If you have to delete the <step operation="flash" partition="partition" filename="partition_signed" MD5="0c0917493a29c487f87434a0997c3048" /> line, that just means that there's still something irreversible after going JB.

Update: My SD card is not accessible after doing things my way.

Update 2: I think I'm retarded... I had my USB settings in Mass Storage mode (which blocks me from my SD card from my phone).

What do you mean when you say: "...That just means that there's still something irreversible after going JB".

Last edited:
I am on stock ICS Telcel Rom with unlocked bootloader.
Tried to upgrade to Brasilian Retail 4.1.2 FW using RDS lite 6.0.

1. The power in the house went down, resulting a Fail in the flashing process.
2. Booting up the phone brings me straight to Fastboot saying: Fastboot reason: Flash Failure.
3. Selecting "Normal Powerup" the phone boots to my stock ICS.
4. I tried flashing the Stock ROM through RDS Lite, but it gives me a "Partition_signed" error

I believe that my Fastboot is somehow corrupted and i want to try the following method to recover:

1. Download Telcel Stock Rom
2. Edit the .xml file removing the lines:
a. <step operation="flash" partition="partition" filename="partition_signed" MD5="0c0917493a29c487f87434a0997c3048" />
b. Getvar line
3. Install the ROM using RDS lite 6.0

Is this the correct way? Also: what does eliminating the "Step operation.." line means?

It shouldn't harm your cellphone, it is weird that it boots normally on your stock ics rom though..
Try to do a full revert to stock and see what it gets you.

My understanding is that the "step operation" delete eliminates some verifications that Rsd lite does before flashing, it is useful if your phone is hanging in some part of the process, it it isn't, it doesn't make any difference (but it normally WILL hang in some part of the process ;) )

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OP you're a genius thank you so much for figuring this out!

Hey do you know if the Rogers software will work for Fido? Well I got all of the Fido custom software?