I must say I regret buying the G2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

CHlCKEN

Oct 17, 2013
Definately not my favorite phone I ever owned that'd be the Nexus 4 <3. I bought the phone back in October at T-Mobile and was deciding between a S4/G2/One M7/iPhone 5s I wanted a note 3 but they were out of stock so I decided to go with G2 because I read about how great it was and the battery life and all that and its superior to s4 and one .. So my first 2 weeks with the phone were good I guess I did notice a few problems with camera But I don't use it much so I was fine with it.. Later on it fixed itself so camera worked great .. Later on in January I decided with my friend that we should root and get custom ROM on my g2 since he knws how to root and rooted my Nexus 4 easily before I agreed ... That same day my phone got bricked all thanks to TWRP and my friend could not do anything so I tried phone stores and nobody fixed it finally tmobile was nice enough to give me a replacement .. I didn't say it was rooted they just took it. I was sent a replacement device and it worked fine but the screen flickered so I also took back that one and got my 3rd G2 after that . I have had my 3rd G2 ever since and I have kitkat on it .. After KK the phone lags on all games like temple run or subway surfers and I tried a lot of ways to fix it like hidden menu etc but the phone plays games like GTA SA without a problem .. Funny right .. the phone is just so problamatic and I regret it so much .. Soon I'm gonna bring it down to JellyBean because I feel like they're won't be that much problems with it .. I'm never buying a LG phone again .. Unless its a Nexus .. Gonna stick with iPhones and HTC from now .. My next phone is either Nexus 6 or iPhone 6 maybe a One M8..

CHlCKEN

Oct 17, 2013
Let's just get one thing straight. Bricking your phone was neither LG's, nor TWRP's fault. It was your own, maybe your friends but, likely due to your affinity for iPhone's, it was your own fault.

Yes it might have been my friends fault since he did the whole process but I'm still disappointed with this phone either way as stated with my the other problems .. Also I used to hate iphones but now I actually like them .. It seems like they just work without any issues .. At least I can enjoy using my nexus 7 without any issues

zelendel

Aug 11, 2008
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9
Yes it might have been my friends fault since he did the whole process but I'm still disappointed with this phone either way as stated with my the other problems .. Also I used to hate iphones but now I actually like them .. It seems like they just work without any issues .. At least I can enjoy using my nexus 7 without any issues

Well that's the thing. Android is a developer based OS. It was made to be tinkered with and the time and dedication that it takes is not for everyone. Some prefer their phone to just work and there is the iPhone for that. Get the device that does what you need. Remember they are tools.

Bat cave One

Reactions: tiguy99 and 60nine

CHlCKEN

Oct 17, 2013
Well that's the thing. Android is a developer based OS. It was made to be tinkered with and the time and dedication that it takes is not for everyone. Some prefer their phone to just work and there is the iPhone for that. Get the device that does what you need. Remember they are tools.

Bat cave One

G2 just doesent work .. Atleast the D801 one .. I chose to go with android because my friends had android and they were geeks .. I liked how you could customize everything and that they were bigger so I naturally went with android and my first 2 android phones the One X and Nexus 4 were both really nice and worked.. I'm just upset with LG for not caring to fix these issues as I see multiple people with similar problems as me on xda too .. Yet it looks like they are only able to be solved with root .. Secret menu doesn't fix it for me. So I'm probably gonna buy the iPhone 6 when it comes out even one of my geeky friends is starting to like iphones after using 1

abhinav.tella

Jan 8, 2011
Minneapolis
To the OP, I get no lag in games, either you installed some bad apps or maybe some infected pirated apps.

My sister an iPhone user with no tech background, she just switched to the G2 and likes it.
The flicker issue was fixed in an update. Every phone company has issues with their devices. Apple had some updates where battery life sucked for example and it took them a while to update. You cant blame LG for your TWRP brick (I used it and had no problem), thats a risk you knowingly took, it applies to Apple or any other OEM as well.

Just because you had problems installing a custom ROM doesn't make LG or any other OEM bad, they intend you to use their device as is. You screw with it, its your fault.

Honestly I can understand your frustration but its also partly your fault, I certainly hope you enjoy whichever new device you get.:)

Last edited:

madasalizard

Jan 4, 2012
Ewww don't mention iPhone's here, you sick sick man. But seriously I have never had a problem with mine and it is by far the best phone I have ever had, and I have had many. I also managed to get my friend to get rid of her iPhone due to the fact she was having many problems with it, I told her to get the G2, she is very impressed and couldn't be happier. Now all she does is mocks iPhone's, just how it should be ;).

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Free mobile app

Edvin73

Oct 7, 2011
Kinda funny. You must be the unluckiest G2 buyer in the world.:rolleyes: And I had a Nexus 4 too before G2. But you just cannot compare rooting and flashing a nexus with G2. It's a completely different story. You practicaly cannot brick a nexus but you can a G2 and pretty easily if you don't know exactly what you are doing. Imho those replacement phones are probably faulty because they are .... a replacement. My G2 is running stock KK and it's a beast of a phone. ;)

Last edited:

kolembo

Nov 2, 2012
Carry right along.
Never seen a Merc owner argue with VW.

Sent from my HUAWEI P6-U06 using XDA Premium HD app

rastigo

Apr 28, 2013
Pune
G2 better than S5,HTC one, iphone 5s

OP..... I fail to understand how you cannot be happy with the G2. I have a s5, HTC one and an iphone5s. HTC and G2 was given by my employer. I bought iphone 5s.Believe me I speak from personal experience, the g2 is my favorite. I regret buying iphone 5. its worthless piece of junk even though i purchased it.

The HTC one is an ok ok phone as I dont like the ui and i thought the camera was better than the one on stock g2. Battery of htc one is outrightly bad. The only place where HTC rocks is speaker output. No one can beat it I agree.

then i was suggested to root the g2 and flash xdabbebs 2.2 version. My my, now the camera can outperform even a dslr man. Clarity,color reproduction, detail, vivid colors...I cant stop. Its absolutely stunning...After rooting my battery lasts over 2 days and the ui is stunning..... I couldnt find a better phone .....

The s5 is nothing better than a piece of junk....the phone even though has 2gb ram, has a substandard processor as against the g2's terrific snapdragon. Touchwizui is pathetic and slows the phone over a period of time as it is basically very resources eater. Sammy launched s5 in India with a degraded processor. The camera is ok ok., Doesnt come any closer to the one on g2.

Coming to sound quality, with the latest 20b indian update, hissing sound has gone, knock code fully embedded and working great, Install viper4 android and the phone will blow you away.

Summing it up, the g2 rocks above all.....I am never departing with this phone...not to forget, g2 has best android dev, in comparison to s5 and htc one, lots of mods and variety of stable roms....ohhhh the battery is muuuaaahhh.:highfive:

Last edited by a moderator:

Saqib Nazm

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Themer
Oct 3, 2012
Virginia, USA
This kind of threads are often responsible for the starting of a flame war. Some people will agree with the OP, some will not. But there's no purpose of this thread, neither this thread will be quite and free of trouble If it remains. That's why Thread is Closed..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Let's just get one thing straight. Bricking your phone was neither LG's, nor TWRP's fault. It was your own, maybe your friends but, likely due to your affinity for iPhone's, it was your own fault.
    G2 better than S5,HTC one, iphone 5s

OP..... I fail to understand how you cannot be happy with the G2. I have a s5, HTC one and an iphone5s. HTC and G2 was given by my employer. I bought iphone 5s.Believe me I speak from personal experience, the g2 is my favorite. I regret buying iphone 5. its worthless piece of junk even though i purchased it.

The HTC one is an ok ok phone as I dont like the ui and i thought the camera was better than the one on stock g2. Battery of htc one is outrightly bad. The only place where HTC rocks is speaker output. No one can beat it I agree.

then i was suggested to root the g2 and flash xdabbebs 2.2 version. My my, now the camera can outperform even a dslr man. Clarity,color reproduction, detail, vivid colors...I cant stop. Its absolutely stunning...After rooting my battery lasts over 2 days and the ui is stunning..... I couldnt find a better phone .....

The s5 is nothing better than a piece of junk....the phone even though has 2gb ram, has a substandard processor as against the g2's terrific snapdragon. Touchwizui is pathetic and slows the phone over a period of time as it is basically very resources eater. Sammy launched s5 in India with a degraded processor. The camera is ok ok., Doesnt come any closer to the one on g2.

Coming to sound quality, with the latest 20b indian update, hissing sound has gone, knock code fully embedded and working great, Install viper4 android and the phone will blow you away.

Summing it up, the g2 rocks above all.....I am never departing with this phone...not to forget, g2 has best android dev, in comparison to s5 and htc one, lots of mods and variety of stable roms....ohhhh the battery is muuuaaahhh.:highfive:
    your bad, goodbye...

Bat cave One
    your bad, goodbye...

You have brought nothing useful to society bye.