Please help me with wifi!!

Search This thread

Joe_PDA

Jul 1, 2003
I've got an SX66
ROM VER: 1.33.10 WWE
ROM DATE: 1/21/05
RADIO VER: 1.02.10

I setup wireless manager to work on my home network. At the heart is a linksys BEFW11s4 wireless router with WEP enabled (64 bit).
It asked for the security password which I entered but it kept telling me was wrong. Finally it stopped asking me and the wireless manager show that I am connected to the network. It shows the correct SSID, channel etc.

However I still cannot access the internet or anything else on my network. It seems that I am not really connected.

What the H$!! am I doing wrong??
Please help.

Joe_PDA

Jul 1, 2003
Happygoat
Yes it does give me an IP address (SX66 set to auto assign)

In reading over your post I started checking my settings and realized the problem.

I have to manually enter the key.

Once I did that...boom I am online.

Thank you for your help.

Joe

ilijamn

Jun 18, 2005
@HappyGoat

Hi I have had some problems with wifi hope you can help. I couldn’t find anything on this forum about it (maybe I didn’t search well but don’t think so) Listen, I managed to find some hotspots, I used a lot of programmes, like Streethawk, or WIFIFORM(or something like that), and many more, but all I could get was windows popping up to select connect using that and that to internet or work. I tried work, but that is it every time I got the message I couldn’t give you IP or something. like that. My Ip settings is give IP automatically. Am I doing everything ok, or is this problem network issue because I was trying to connect on public hotspot(which might be not accepting connections). And how do I know if the hotspot is accepting connections free of charge? Hope you can give me detailed instructions.

Thanks in advance

tradivise

May 24, 2005
ilijamn: I use a programme called "WIFIFOFUM" and when in the programme on the left side of the window is a column called "WEP" which will either say "on" or "off" for a certain connection.. now when it says "on" you cannot use it without a network key(basically a password) but when its "off" you should be able to use without a problem...To connect to a connection while in WIFIFOFUM jus tap and hold the connection and select connect...

now also when that window pops up, its better to sellect connect via "internet" rather than "work"....

I hope this helps you...

ilijamn

Jun 18, 2005
@tradivise
Thank you it helped me a lot! But sometimes in WiForum it takes a lot of time to connect, and I tryed a lot of programmes and then I downloaded Street HAwk, It is the best one, at least for me.(the progremme does everything automativly-which is cool). Anyways, i have to ask you smth. else (prob. stupid question), when a network(hot spot) is free of charge do I need to set up IP settings and DNS settings and what is VPN?

Thanks

ilijamn

Jun 18, 2005
@tradivise
Thank you it helped me a lot! But sometimes in WiForum it takes a lot of time to connect, and I tryed a lot of programmes and then I downloaded Street HAwk, It is the best one, at least for me.(the progremme does everything automativly-which is cool). Anyways, i have to ask you smth. else (prob. stupid question), when a network(hot spot) is free of charge do I need to set up IP settings and DNS settings and what is VPN?

And is there any pocket web browser for internet that can open multiple widows(tabs)????

Thanks in advance,
Ilija

tradivise

May 24, 2005
ilijamn:

VPN - Virtual Private Network, long explanation so just google search it.

IP and DNS should be setup automatically by the network, but some networks require a network key (WEP) which is like a password and without it you cant use their network...

hope this helps, any more questions jus ask!!!!

not sure about multiple tabs, if i find i will let u know