PSFreedom

Search This thread

khalaan

Nov 5, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
Just a FYI for anyone interested, I am taking a crack at porting psfreedom to the epic4g. Not sure who would be interested in trying to use this.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

EDIT 11/02/2010

Here is a psfreedom.ko if anyone wants to try it, I had to setup the Epic to load it on startup (via RC script) on DI18 stock, but using Epic Experience 1.2.04 with MixUp DI18 Voodoo I was able to load it after startup.

Attachments

• psfreedom_epic.rar
    42.2 KB · Views: 242
Last edited:

khalaan

Nov 5, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
Fortunately it isn't my first song and dance with linux kernel modules, so at least that is going for the effort.

khalaan

Nov 5, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
Well, I have it compiling, which is definitely a good sign, just have to fight an insmod problem and making sure I don't lock myself out of my phone in the process. I will let everyone know how the process goes from here.

Zoen22

Jul 31, 2007
CANFIELD
Will throw a donation your way if you can get this running. Was gonna order the key but I would rather just have my phone compatible.

fetalp

Mar 22, 2009
SLC
I am very interested in this! I was about to use my sisters MT3G to try it out, but my lovely roommate updated my PS3 today to 3.42, do you know if they posted a updated fix for PSFreedom yet?
Anyways good luck and can't wait.

May 23, 2010
Good luck with that man. Im no dev but I'd definately help test this. Maybe you can ask for help from the guy who originally ported it to android if you need any. Thanks again for your efforts :)

khalaan

Nov 5, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
Well I damn well hope to have it working by the weekend, otherwise I'll have to find a Pre with a broken screen or something for this weekend's use.

Black_V!per

Aug 3, 2009
Kingman,AZ
Just a FYI for anyone interested, I am taking a crack at porting psfreedom to the epic4g. Not sure who would be interested in trying to use this.

Get it done within 2 weeks and i'll be able to install and test for you, only issue is after that i have to send back my Epic (I only have for 30 day test, company lets me toy around with new phones).

bonkasnucca

Feb 1, 2008
this wud definetly be epic :D.. quick question since this was ported to android does anyone know what its working on or where there is a tutorial or somthing...thanx

shabbypenguin

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 30, 2010
the hardware drivers wouldnt be all that different but im sure would still need a revision of sorts. i cant imagine they used different usb chips in the different versions.

just to clarify to everyone when this works (not if :D) the very concept of it means you will lose all usb functions aka mass storage (access to your sdcard over usb), adb tethering and anything but charging. if its possible to make it into a script so that whatever file may be needed can make a backup and rename the original and then another script to make it revert then you could flip flop

bubby323

Jul 31, 2010
Michigan City, IN
However according to my knowledge you only have to run the exploit once to get backup manager on your ps3. Therefore couldn't we just run this script load up the exloit then flash back to stock and be done with it. Its not like you have to keep the exploit on your phone to use backup manager...

Sent from my SPHto-D700 using XDA App

khalaan

Nov 5, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
Shoot221,
Can you PM me? I need some info on the vibrant to build that in parallel.

Bubby323,
Wrong. You need it attached on each startup of the PS3. I will make this as user friendly as possible.