Computerfreek274_1.0.8 Update Marshmallow 6.0.1 Global,De-bloated,Root,Volte, 5/29/17

Search This thread

computerfreek274

Oct 9, 2014
Lost
www.computerfreek.com
Verizon and Non Verizon Build of 1.0.8 Stock Based with VoLte Verizon Support.

DOWNLOAD ROM AND OTHER TWEAKS HERE

For the Non-Verizon users Please See thread #2 Here

Computerfreek274_MM_1.0.8 Marshmallow 6.0.1
Based from Newest Stock 6.0.1 From 24.91.5.quark_verizon.verizon.en.US March 2017​

You can now flash and use magisk Magisk SU

Magisk flash and rooted it and installed Xposed right from the Magisk app and it and is working great.

Note:
To pass Safety net check on magisk after you root and flash magisk go into magisk settings and click hide root. Then you will pass. If you don't see the the forums for help look here start at around page 86.

Changelog 1.0.8
Rebuild of MCG24.251-5-5
Just a bit more cleaning
Same Tweaks from 1.0.6 and 1.0.7
Faster boot time from 1.0.7

1.0.7 Change Log
Updated to 24.91.5.quark_verizon.verizon.en.US
Updated Audio Tweaks
Super Cleaned
Super fast boot times and great battery.

1.0.4 Change Log
Native Tether. (Tested and Working)
Audio Boost In call volume. "Fixed in 1.0.4 Lowed down from 94 to 90 Stock is 84 to avoid echo when volume was up to full."
Audio Boost Media Audio.
De-Bloated.
Removed Some Google apps like YouTube ,books,games,videos,Google Photos, Slacker radio, NFL Game,Verizon Cloud, Google pay and and some Verizon apps. Plus the demo stuff and mp4's also removed all amazon junk.
init.d Support.
Tweaks for speed.
Tweaks For battery life.
Junk Cleanup
Battery Tweaks
Speed Tweaks
Ram Tweaks
Cache Tweaks
Change Log 1.0.6
Fixed ADB debugging.
Cleaned File system
Fixed permissions
Misc Tweaks

Please Note The Verizon apps like my Verizon are needed for Advanced calling to work. So there is just like in my other ROMS some Verizon apps.

How to install

1. Download and flash in twrp MCG24.251-5 Radios and BL before flashing this ROM. Download here ( Note you only have to do this 1 time)
2. Flash ROM DOWNLOAD ROM AND OTHER TWEAKS HERE
in TWRP wipe cache and reboot. ( Wiping data is always recommended not doing this you may still see apps bloatware that has been removed)

3. You can now flash and use magisk Magisk SU

Magisk flash and rooted it and installed Xposed right from the Magisk app and it and is working great.

To pass Safety net check on magisk after you root and flash magisk go into magisk settings and click hide root. Then you will pass. If you don't see the the forums for help look here start at around page 86.

Help and How To.

Pon-3 After you have root Download here.

Xposed After you have root Download here Flah in TWRP.
After flashing xposed Download and install the xposed installer Download Here.

If your looking To switch to 493 DPI you will have to fix the ambient display being off set you must install xposed mod called "app settings" found here or download it from inside of xposed. and set moto diplay to 640 DPI. If you need more help check the forums here. Download a flashable ZIP to set 493 DPI From here Please remember you need root and xposed..
Coming from LP .49 Then you may need to wipe data and cache Please remember to back up 1st. I am not responsible for data loss. Then start at step 1. above. You can try to just do a update to MM But I can not tell you if it will work or not.

A complete wipe is recommend..

I am not responsible for any damage or data loss do to you using this Firmware or mods on your phone.

Big Thanks to all the Developers for there hard work and help keeping the droid turbo alive. Sorry If I forgot anyone.
Huge Thanks to My buddy for sending me the OTA last Night.

And Big Thanks to:
@TheSt33v
@iiWoodstocK
@firstEncounter

Thank you for all the prayers. I still have medical problems going on and not getting much better. Working on Roms is a hobby for my Son and I and gives me something to do as I am no longer able to work. Thank you to all that have gave donations. This helps for Doctor bills,File hosting,Web hosting,Internet cost. If you guys like to help out and donate you can use the donate link for Paypal VIA XDA Link or Google wallet to craig@nhscan.com.

Last edited:

computerfreek274

Oct 9, 2014
Lost
www.computerfreek.com
For Non Verizon Build 1.0.8 Please Read This is For Non Verizon users. Almost 100% Stock With No Verizon junk

If you are coming from RR or CM based ROMs stop here and flash full stock firmware from the links here. When you are done and everything is back stock you can start to flash my Rom from step 1. flash full stock from here https://xdaforums.com/droid-turbo/development/rom-mcg24-251-5-100-stock-t3512949 in twrp so everything updates boot radios modems and so one. This is a must to return to a stock firmware. There maybe other ways but this is the fastest for getting a clean running stock Rom back.

VERIZON USERS PLEASE GO BACK TO OP #1
Super Clean and made to work with everything from T-Mobile to China cell service. Tested on At&t and Freedom POP and T-Mobile.

You can now flash and use Magisk SU for rooting. Flash This after you are done with flashing Step # 2.
Magiskyou will be able to root and hide root and run apps like google pay or SnapChat.

PLEASE READ PLEASE READ PLEASE READ PLEASE READ!!!

This is only for Global users USA and Overseas Not for Verizon Users. This is for CDMA,LTE,GSM and Umts.

If you where to flash On a Verizon Account you will not get Voice mail or other Verizon services.

2 parts to flashing this Rom for Stock Based Global Rom. Please read all Steps.

If Coming from CM based ROM It is best to wipe everything data, system and cache.

If you think you are a Expert can can do it without Wiping Go for it!

If you can not update Google apps from the play store it is that you did not wipe.

You can try to delete only the .android folder on your internal storage.

Lets Start with Step one Please Download Step_1_Non-Verizon_Computerfreek_1.0.8.zip and Step_2.zip From Downloads.

1. Backup ( If you Don't it is not my fault! Just Backup Please Photos and Stuff)

2 Enter Twrp

3 Connect to PC and Copy Over files. Step_1_Non-Verizon_Computerfreek_1.0.8.zip and Step_2.zip

4 Goto Wipe and Hit Advanced Select System,Data and Both Cache. Slide over Switch to Start. This will Wipe saved games and stuff by Wiping Data.

5 Go to Install and Flash ONLY STEP 1 and Restart.

6 Setup phone it will run the Setup wizard and will or may say phone is activating Just let it go it will fail. Then Click USE wifi.

7 Set up your APN's if you need to under settings then more then networks.

8 If everything is working data and calls. Shutdown and reboot into TWRP.

9 In Twrp Reboot and Go to Install Flash Step 2.

10 Reboot and enjoy.

Last edited:

charliert

Nov 29, 2012
I just buy a Droid Turbo but i need to know how can I unlock bootloader to flash TRPW and flash this rom

Claps1775

Aug 15, 2011
Meridian, ID
Computerfreek274_MM_1.0 Android Stock 6.0.1

I just buy a Droid Turbo but i need to know how can I unlock bootloader to flash TRPW and flash this rom
Look here. You will do a lot of reading but it is worth it. Very smart people on here also.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=3445523
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=3292684

---------- Post added at 09:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 AM ----------

Downloading now. Will install after backup and report back what I find. I do not use VoLTE. That not working will not effect me. #11 downloading it. 57% done. Thank you for your hard work. Been looking at a 6.0 rom. Just saw yours when I doing more searching today.

Claps1775

Aug 15, 2011
Meridian, ID
Alright. I wiped as you stated and installed rom. Everything went well. Restoring all my apps took around 2 hours. Only had 35 apps. Downloading super sue to flash in twrp to get root. Right bow everything seems good. Will test out more later. I do like the look of it and feel how.

Steve One

Jan 2, 2011
Good to have you back Sir. Could you possibly please get the Verizon visual voice mail baked in this kind Sir.
That and the low in call volume were the only things keeping me from running as a daily.

Downloading now.

Last edited:

Claps1775

Aug 15, 2011
Meridian, ID
I am not able to get root. I installed the super su from the link I posted for the guy who wanted to know how to unlock bootloader and root. I installed super su in twrp. I have wiped cache before and after install. Reboot and stuck at the m logo screen. I have to reboot wipe cache and reinstall the mm ROM to get my phone to work. Any ideas?

Steve One

Jan 2, 2011
I am not able to get root. I installed the super su from the link I posted for the guy who wanted to know how to unlock bootloader and root. I installed super su in twrp. I have wiped cache before and after install. Reboot and stuck at the m logo screen. I have to reboot wipe cache and reinstall the mm ROM to get my phone to work. Any ideas?
You need to use superSU version 2.76.

Claps1775

Aug 15, 2011
Meridian, ID

Steve One

Jan 2, 2011

Claps1775

Aug 15, 2011
Meridian, ID
I let it stay on the M logo screen for 10 minutes. Phone shuts off. Only how I got it to turn back on is putting it on the charger. I might go back to 5.1 CF rom and wait till this is fixed. I am not sure what I am doing wrong is if something is not working right. O well.

---------- Post added at 08:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 PM ----------

If this CF MM rom is the same as that Stock 6.0.1 MPG24.107-70.2 (Brazil) for Verizon XT1254 but debloated. I I need to flash the BHB27 v200-8-M kernel then. Lets try that. T1s are not pricey anymore if Do brick it.

Claps1775

Aug 15, 2011
Meridian, ID
After reading up on it. No offense to CF. Seems this might be the same with minor tweaks? I need to learn more in ROM language Ect.

Rumsfield

Apr 3, 2015
Google Pixel 8 Pro
I let it stay on the M logo screen for 10 minutes. Phone shuts off. Only how I got it to turn back on is putting it on the charger. I might go back to 5.1 CF rom and wait till this is fixed. I am not sure what I am doing wrong is if something is not working right. O well.

---------- Post added at 08:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 PM ----------

If this CF MM rom is the same as that Stock 6.0.1 MPG24.107-70.2 (Brazil) for Verizon XT1254 but debloated. I I need to flash the BHB27 v200-8-M kernel then. Lets try that. T1s are not pricey anymore if Do brick it.

It seems that flashing supersu in TWRP (which version didn't matter for me) will cause the phone to lock at the M logo. Flashing the zip without flashing supersu does work...but installing supersu via apk method doesnt work. Tried flashing it again and once again locks at the M logo. Back to LP I go until this gets resolved.

:edit:
reverting back to my previous restore I now get the "Motorola Sensor Services Complete Uninstall" popup that re-appears on reboot even when checked to block the message.... I would probably terminate this build until you figure out whats going on with it, its buggy as heck.

Last edited:

tecsironman

Sep 12, 2009
Motorola Droid Ultra
Moto X
It seems that flashing supersu in TWRP (which version didn't matter for me) will cause the phone to lock at the M logo. Flashing the zip without flashing supersu does work...but installing supersu via apk method doesnt work. Tried flashing it again and once again locks at the M logo. Back to LP I go until this gets resolved.

:edit:
reverting back to my previous restore I now get the "Motorola Sensor Services Complete Uninstall" popup that re-appears on reboot even when checked to block the message.... I would probably terminate this build until you figure out whats going on with it, its buggy as heck.
You can just uninstall that sensor. MM installs a newer version and when you downgrade it needs to revert back. I'm testing 7.1 but will probably go back to 5.1 for my volte

Sent from my DROID Turbo using Tapatalk

ChazzMatt

Recognized Contributor
Nov 30, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
BETA-SuperSU-v2.62-3-20151211162651

EDIT: This SuperSu ( BETA-SuperSU-v2.62-3-20151211162651) works on THIS ROM Motorola 6.0.1 even after being updated to Verizon 6.0.1 OTA. See post #18 for confirmation.

You need to use superSU version 2.76.

It seems that flashing supersu in TWRP (which version didn't matter for me) will cause the phone to lock at the M logo. Flashing the zip without flashing supersu does work...but installing supersu via apk method doesnt work. Tried flashing it again and once again locks at the M logo.

While SuperSu 2.76 works for @iiWoodstocK ROM, the stock Brazilian Marshmallow 6.0.1 firmware on which this ROM is based actually needed BETA-SuperSU-v2.62-3-20151211162651. I don't know why, but we figured out it like this version of SuperSu. Then after successful reboot, you can update to newest version.

Since this CF Droid Turbo XT1254 ROM is based on that firmware, it's possible it also needs that version of SuperSu? BETA-SuperSU-v2.62-3-20151211162651 Perhaps that is a difference between @iiWoodstocK's ROM and this one? Just a suggestion. Let me know if it works.

You can find it at the bottom of the first post in this thread:
http://xdaforums.com/moto-maxx/general/guide-how-to-unlock-moto-maxx-moto-t3455341

I'm only suggesting that first post for the SuperSu version attached. The bootloader unlock procedures in that post are for the other Quarks, not for the Droid Turbo. But that version of SuperSu may be useful.

For those interested, however there are other files in that thread useful for all Quarks. ;)

TWRP-FLASHABLE BOOT ANIMATION:
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=68539296&postcount=3

TWRP FLASHABLE BOOT LOGOS (various colors Moto logo):
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=68579272&postcount=5

Last edited:

Claps1775

Aug 15, 2011
Meridian, ID
I installed 2.62 ss last night after you posted it in another thread and it worked great. I am rooted and phone is running normal. I am not going to update ss just yet. Been thinking of updating the kernel but not sure what benefits are from it. Will have to read that thread some. Thank you @ChazzMatt for the link. I had a reply done and summited right when the site went down. I am glad I was able to be the first to report back on installing the ROM Ect with help from members. CF will have to add the ss install in the opening post. My AdAway is working, flash fly is working, esfile explorer is working since rooted.

Reactions: ChazzMatt

computerfreek274

Oct 9, 2014
Lost
www.computerfreek.com
Good to have you back Sir. Could you possibly please get the Verizon visual voice mail baked in this kind Sir.
That and the low in call volume were the only things keeping me from running as a daily.

Downloading now.

I will apply my low audio tweaks to this rom in next build. I will also see about getting vvm done too. However my audio boosters zips from .49 may still work I will look into it.

Reactions: Steve One

Claps1775

Aug 15, 2011
Meridian, ID
14bc6b715066bcb6eec195cf3e78b7fc.jpg

If anyone has problems with data or signal. I have changed my cellular network to these settings. I have not had problems but changed them anyways. Default is GSM not LTE.

Reactions: computerfreek274

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Verizon and Non Verizon Build of 1.0.8 Stock Based with VoLte Verizon Support.

For the Non-Verizon users Please See thread #2 Here

Computerfreek274_MM_1.0.8 Marshmallow 6.0.1
    Based from Newest Stock 6.0.1 From 24.91.5.quark_verizon.verizon.en.US March 2017​

You can now flash and use magisk Magisk SU

Note:

Changelog 1.0.8
    Rebuild of MCG24.251-5-5
    Just a bit more cleaning
    Same Tweaks from 1.0.6 and 1.0.7
    Faster boot time from 1.0.7

1.0.7 Change Log
    Updated to 24.91.5.quark_verizon.verizon.en.US
    Updated Audio Tweaks
    Super Cleaned
    Super fast boot times and great battery.

1.0.4 Change Log
    Native Tether. (Tested and Working)
    Audio Boost In call volume. "Fixed in 1.0.4 Lowed down from 94 to 90 Stock is 84 to avoid echo when volume was up to full."
    Audio Boost Media Audio.
    De-Bloated.
    Removed Some Google apps like YouTube ,books,games,videos,Google Photos, Slacker radio, NFL Game,Verizon Cloud, Google pay and and some Verizon apps. Plus the demo stuff and mp4's also removed all amazon junk.
    init.d Support.
    Tweaks for speed.
    Tweaks For battery life.
    Junk Cleanup
    Battery Tweaks
    Speed Tweaks
    Ram Tweaks
    Cache Tweaks
    Change Log 1.0.6
    Fixed ADB debugging.
    Cleaned File system
    Fixed permissions
    Misc Tweaks

Please Note The Verizon apps like my Verizon are needed for Advanced calling to work. So there is just like in my other ROMS some Verizon apps.

How to install

1. Download and flash in twrp MCG24.251-5 Radios and BL before flashing this ROM. Download here ( Note you only have to do this 1 time)
    2. Flash ROM DOWNLOAD ROM AND OTHER TWEAKS HERE
    in TWRP wipe cache and reboot. ( Wiping data is always recommended not doing this you may still see apps bloatware that has been removed)

3. You can now flash and use magisk Magisk SU

Help and How To.

Pon-3 After you have root Download here.

Xposed After you have root Download here Flah in TWRP.
    After flashing xposed Download and install the xposed installer Download Here.

If your looking To switch to 493 DPI you will have to fix the ambient display being off set you must install xposed mod called "app settings" found here or download it from inside of xposed. and set moto diplay to 640 DPI. If you need more help check the forums here. Download a flashable ZIP to set 493 DPI From here Please remember you need root and xposed..
    Coming from LP .49 Then you may need to wipe data and cache Please remember to back up 1st. I am not responsible for data loss. Then start at step 1. above. You can try to just do a update to MM But I can not tell you if it will work or not.

A complete wipe is recommend..

I am not responsible for any damage or data loss do to you using this Firmware or mods on your phone.

Big Thanks to all the Developers for there hard work and help keeping the droid turbo alive. Sorry If I forgot anyone.
    Huge Thanks to My buddy for sending me the OTA last Night.

And Big Thanks to:
    @TheSt33v
    @iiWoodstocK
    @firstEncounter

Thank you for all the prayers. I still have medical problems going on and not getting much better. Working on Roms is a hobby for my Son and I and gives me something to do as I am no longer able to work. Thank you to all that have gave donations. This helps for Doctor bills,File hosting,Web hosting,Internet cost. If you guys like to help out and donate you can use the donate link for Paypal VIA XDA Link or Google wallet to craig@nhscan.com.
    Computerfreek274_MM_1.0.7 Marshmallow 6.0.1

1.0.7 Change Log
    Updated to 24.91.5.quark_verizon.verizon.en.US OTA update
    The current software update gives you the most up to date Android security patch on your device.
    Rooted Pre-Rooted No need to flash root.
    BusyBox Pre Installed
    Tether native Tested and working
    VOlte Working
    Updated Audio Tweaks
    Super Clean
    Super fast boot times.
    Great battery.
    You guys are going to like this build. I did not test a dirty flash I only flashed it clean. Update I did restore a backup and then a dirty flash it worked just fine I did wipe cache.
    You do need to flash the new radio pack found in downloads then flash ROM.

Thank you for all the prayers and get wells. I still have medical problems going on So I know I fall behind on updates. My Son helped a lot with hosting on computerfreek.com and some parts of the ROM but he is super busy with high school. Thank you to all that have gave donations. This helps for Doctor bills,File hosting,Web hosting,Internet cost. If you guys like to help out and donate you can use the donate link for Paypal VIA XDA or @ craig@nhscan.com Link or Google wallet to craig@nhscan.com.
    Marry Christmas And Happy Holidays!
    Website and ROM updates.

WEB PAGE UPDATE.
    Website Computerfreek.com Has been updated with 1.0.4 and Other helpful stuff.

ROM UPDATE.
    ROM Updates 1.0.5 Coming soon I am in testing tweaks for CPU GPU and battery. Last bit of cleaning is being done. If anyone has any request for stuff to be removed or added. Please PM me.

Non Verizon Build.
    Non-Verizon Build ASAP. I like to get the ROM to it's final stage before I do a Non Verizon Build. This way I am not working on 2 or 3 builds at one time. I can just base it off of the main ROM.

XT1250 Support.
    I am working on finding a fix for XT1250 users. I was told it was working on 5.1 of my ROMS with advanced calling support. WIFI and cell is not working on MM ROM at this time. I am working on finding a kernel fix for this. If anyone can flash and send me some debug logs on a XT1250 that will help a lot.
    Update

Sorry I have not got a non Verizon build out to you guys or even an update. Just been super busy. I just got back from seeing family and not I have a number of doctor appointments in the next few weeks. I do have an update that I believe is ready to go. I just have not had time to test it. I did not bring my droid turbo with me last week I was on my s7. So I am going to switch service over to the turbo for a few days for testing and if all is good I will post a update. I did test one but there was no real improvements to the current build.

I hope everyone is having a happy new year. Remember if you need any help or support for xposed or pon3. I have some help and info on the website computerfreek.com