[DISCONTINUED][GSM][04.09.11][ALPHA] Honeycomb port by [DiP7]

Search This thread

btyork

Apr 16, 2010
Texas
Since Spacemoose has a GSM release approaching, I'm going to remove the download links here. (Also because apparently people are still attempting to flash this...) If and when I am contacted by DiP7 I will reopen this thread and add any links he wants me to add.... Or it can stay closed and he can start a new one (which is what I would hope he does.) I'm leaving the rest of the content here for reference only.

**READ ENTIRE FIRST POST BEFORE FLASHING**
This is an Alpha build. Almost nothing works at the moment. Don't expect a golden daily driver... This aint it. If you find a download link throughout this thread, don't flash it, as I can't promise anyone will help you un(soft)brick your device.

Let's start this with : I take zero, zilch and no responsibility for anything you do to your device using anything from this thread.

If space alien ninja cows come down and eat it because they want to taste honeycomb, your fault, sorry. :)

There have been zero reports of anyone "hard bricking" their device, but again, I'm not responsible if you become the first.

I also take no credit for any of the work, I've only compiled what I have found so far.

I also can't stress this enough... This is a VERY EARLY STAGE of the port. ALMOST NOTHING WORKS. Any updates that take place will need to be documented within this post. I'm willing to keep track of all this, but *I AM NOT A DEV.* The original dev of this port is from another website, dsf767 seems to be in contact with him however. here at XDA!

**Please see bottom of this post for change log**

Various vidoes have been made, but the quality of this one is really nice. Thanks museboy!

This is a direct port of Spacemoose's Alpha v.040211 release. Not much works.

In Spacemoose's thread, credit is given to
[*] A russian-language GSM port attempt based on this project. (Thanks, dsf767.)
It appears as though someone DiP7 is attempting to port Spacemoose's project to a GSM device. They also appear to have had mild success in doing so, and I'd like to start a thread to track and follow any progress anyone else may be having with flashing this rom/kernel.

[*] System must already be converted to EXT4. This can be done by various methods, flashing the Overcome rom/kernel will do it.

[*] Tab confirmed to charge while off and reports of lockscreen charging have been made.

I'm unsure if anyone has had any success other than the OP Cal-El has gotten it to boot! Directions appear to be as follows:
  1. BACKUP EVERYTHING. Everything? EV-ER-Y-THING. Especially your internal SD card. There have been reports (that I've experienced) of your internal SD card getting wiped in either going to or coming from Honeycomb. (It usually requires a repartition to go back... so yeah, that'd do it.)
  2. Did you back everything up? You will loose any information on your internal SD card coming back to normal from this build.
  3. Download Rom to EXTERNAL SD:
  4. Download Kernel to EXTERNAL SD:
  5. Did you back up your internal SD card? What about external? Last warning. Next person to complain about their internal SD card get's the bonk.
  6. Wipe Data/Factory restore
  7. Wipe Cache Partition
  8. Wipe Delvik Cache
  9. Flash honeycomb rom using CWM (This seems to have only been tested and confirmed from the Overcome modified CWM, although any should work in theory.)
  10. Reboot into new RED CWM.
  11. Flash kernel using RED CWM
  12. Reboot into new ORANGE CWM.
  13. Wipe data/Factory reset
  14. Wipe both caches.
  15. Flash honeycomb rom using the ORANGE CWM.
  16. There is no boot screen after the Galaxy Tab logo screen, just a black screen. Wait at least 5 minutes for it to boot. If it doesn't after 10, something went wrong.
  17. If this fails, attempt to go back to stock by flashing p1_hidden.pit and any of Roto's stock roms/firmwares. From here it has been confirmed to work if you flash the Overcome rom/kernel before moving to the Android 3.0 rom/kernel. (Thanks Cal-El!)

This process must also be used to coming back from this
Honeycomb build. You will loose all information on your internal SD card.
I told you to back it up.

Taken from Alterbridge's Overcome Rom posting (which should fix any hangups while flashing to/from this Honeycomb)

IF your Tab does not boot after flashing the kernel and hangs at the Samsung Galaxy Tab screen, you must follow the following procedure

1. Get a stock rom package (any of Rotohammer's firmwares will work)
  2. Get P1_add_hidden.zip from this post and extract the P1_add_hidden.pit file
  3. Using Odin 1.7, put stock rom (Roto-JME-Full-v4.tar for example) in PDA slot.
  4. Put P1_add_hidden.pit in Pit slot
  5. Check repartition box
  6. Put Tab in download mode by holding Volume Down and Power, connect to the computer, and press start.
  7. After this, the Tab will reboot normally. Shut it down and return to download mode.
  8. Open Odin 1.7 and reconnect the Tab.
  9. In the PDA slot, choose the Overcome Kernel v2.0 tar file for use with Odin. Press start
  10. It will flash the kernel then reboot. Upon reboot, you should hear the sexy robot voices informing you of the status of the EXT4 conversion.
  11. Once done, the Tab will boot normally. At this point you can load Overcome Rom (or any other Rom of your choosing)

[*]Remember, No wi-fi, no 3g, no phone calls, nothing. This is a test port. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED OVER 5 TIMES NOW, no complaining about it later.

[*]If your internal SD card reads ~220 MB after coming from this ROM to anything else, you didn't read my post... Try again.

[*] Mirrors :

*Update on driver work for wi-fi (4/12): http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=12816258&postcount=224 (Thanks DemonGloom for translating)
*Also added video to OP (Thanks to museboy!)

Last edited:

GANJDROID

May 2, 2010
Norwich
This is a brilliant find! Downloading now to test this baby out :D

Is the rom and kernel in the zip or are there 2 different files to download?

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA Premium App

Last edited:

Gawain1986

Nov 24, 2007
Rotterdam
I tried flashing this using the mothod above and the methon on the russian site but I can't get it to work.

It keeps messing up my /data partition. After flashing the ROM CWM always fails to mount the /data partition.

I'm going back to overcome :).

-RioT-

Jul 13, 2010
I already got a blank screen and then a broken internal sdcard error. Had to find an odin flash that repartitioned.

Ill be willing to do it all again as soon as there is wifi. At least this time I'll make sure to back up my internal sdcard.

btyork

Apr 16, 2010
Texas
I already got a blank screen and then a broken internal sdcard error. Had to find an odin flash that repartitioned.

Just trying to keep track of this all... Are you saying you got it to run successfully but had to repartition to go back? Or did you have to repartition to get it to run?

Adding in the hidden_pit to the process seems simple enough.

Ill be willing to do it all again as soon as there is wifi. At least this time I'll make sure to back up my internal sdcard.

Step #1 :)

btyork

Apr 16, 2010
Texas
This is a brilliant find! Downloading now to test this baby out :D

Is the rom and kernel in the zip or are there 2 different files to download?

They both appear to be contained within the same zip file, much like the Overcome rom. Best guess, can't verify as I'm on a work mac at the moment.

Reactions: wayijie

GANJDROID

May 2, 2010
Norwich
They both appear to be contained within the same zip file, much like the Overcome rom. Best guess, can't verify as I'm on a work mac at the moment.

Yeah, my mistake. Got confused about the reflash with new kernel/cwm.

So we:
Backup
Wipe everything
Flash
Wipe
Flash
Reboot

dsf767

Oct 5, 2007
Marshfield, MA
There Directions are directly from DiP

Originally Posted by DiP7
- the first step (the file system should already be ext4) - flash honeycomb (Android3.0_by_DiP_signed _narod.yandex.ru/disk/9317202001/Android3.0_by_DiP_signed_040411_235124.zip

- the second step (to flash my kernel dl.getdropbox.com/u/937719/Recovery_install_pda1.4Ghz_CWR_v_2.1.0.zip) go to the recovery and make the wipe data/factory reset

- The third step - go to recovery and flash again android 3.0

Last edited:

btyork

Apr 16, 2010
Texas
Yeah, my mistake. Got confused about the reflash with new kernel/cwm.

So we:
Backup
Wipe everything
Flash
Wipe
Flash
Reboot

So far that's what I've gathered, I have yet to actually test this process.
The poster above appears to have mentioned something about repartitioning, which isn't a big deal, just flash the hidden_pit.

My best guess is to flash that pit after the second wipe with Odin. But I CAN NOT verify that.

It seems obvious you would need to repartition to go back though.

GANJDROID

May 2, 2010
Norwich
I would try and flash it all via cwm, but I'm unable to download the kernel. Can anyone mirror it please?

Away from my laptop for the next few hours so I'm unable to try with Odin.

Last edited:

clockedtouch

Feb 11, 2008
LA
Anyone have luck getting HC port running o the tab yet and if so can we get a clear how to in place ?

Thanks in Advance =)

clockedtouch

Feb 11, 2008
LA
The clear "how to" is in the first post... If you can't understand those directions, you really shouldn't be flashing this.

Thats why i dont post much simple remarks like that make members not want to contribute ...
You could of simply stated that the "how-to" was updated .. but thanks for your quick response anyway

btyork

Apr 16, 2010
Texas
Thats why i dont post much simple remarks like that make members not want to contribute ...
You could of simply stated that the "how-to" was updated .. but thanks for your quick response anyway

I actually haven't updated the how-to since the original post... It wasn't meant to be rude, it's just how it is. I don't want people bricking a 600 dollar tab because they think this is a fully functional honeycomb port.

You'd also be surprised how many people post that kind of question without any understanding of what ADB even is.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Since Spacemoose has a GSM release approaching, I'm going to remove the download links here. (Also because apparently people are still attempting to flash this...) If and when I am contacted by DiP7 I will reopen this thread and add any links he wants me to add.... Or it can stay closed and he can start a new one (which is what I would hope he does.) I'm leaving the rest of the content here for reference only.

**READ ENTIRE FIRST POST BEFORE FLASHING**
    This is an Alpha build. Almost nothing works at the moment. Don't expect a golden daily driver... This aint it. If you find a download link throughout this thread, don't flash it, as I can't promise anyone will help you un(soft)brick your device.

Let's start this with : I take zero, zilch and no responsibility for anything you do to your device using anything from this thread.

If space alien ninja cows come down and eat it because they want to taste honeycomb, your fault, sorry. :)

There have been zero reports of anyone "hard bricking" their device, but again, I'm not responsible if you become the first.

I also take no credit for any of the work, I've only compiled what I have found so far.

I also can't stress this enough... This is a VERY EARLY STAGE of the port. ALMOST NOTHING WORKS. Any updates that take place will need to be documented within this post. I'm willing to keep track of all this, but *I AM NOT A DEV.* The original dev of this port is from another website, dsf767 seems to be in contact with him however. here at XDA!

**Please see bottom of this post for change log**

Various vidoes have been made, but the quality of this one is really nice. Thanks museboy!

This is a direct port of Spacemoose's Alpha v.040211 release. Not much works.

In Spacemoose's thread, credit is given to
    [*] A russian-language GSM port attempt based on this project. (Thanks, dsf767.)
    It appears as though someone DiP7 is attempting to port Spacemoose's project to a GSM device. They also appear to have had mild success in doing so, and I'd like to start a thread to track and follow any progress anyone else may be having with flashing this rom/kernel.

[*] System must already be converted to EXT4. This can be done by various methods, flashing the Overcome rom/kernel will do it.

[*] Tab confirmed to charge while off and reports of lockscreen charging have been made.

I'm unsure if anyone has had any success other than the OP Cal-El has gotten it to boot! Directions appear to be as follows:
    1. BACKUP EVERYTHING. Everything? EV-ER-Y-THING. Especially your internal SD card. There have been reports (that I've experienced) of your internal SD card getting wiped in either going to or coming from Honeycomb. (It usually requires a repartition to go back... so yeah, that'd do it.)
    2. Did you back everything up? You will loose any information on your internal SD card coming back to normal from this build.
    3. Download Rom to EXTERNAL SD:
    4. Download Kernel to EXTERNAL SD:
    5. Did you back up your internal SD card? What about external? Last warning. Next person to complain about their internal SD card get's the bonk.
    6. Wipe Data/Factory restore
    7. Wipe Cache Partition
    8. Wipe Delvik Cache
    9. Flash honeycomb rom using CWM (This seems to have only been tested and confirmed from the Overcome modified CWM, although any should work in theory.)
    10. Reboot into new RED CWM.
    11. Flash kernel using RED CWM
    12. Reboot into new ORANGE CWM.
    13. Wipe data/Factory reset
    14. Wipe both caches.
    15. Flash honeycomb rom using the ORANGE CWM.
    16. There is no boot screen after the Galaxy Tab logo screen, just a black screen. Wait at least 5 minutes for it to boot. If it doesn't after 10, something went wrong.
    17. If this fails, attempt to go back to stock by flashing p1_hidden.pit and any of Roto's stock roms/firmwares. From here it has been confirmed to work if you flash the Overcome rom/kernel before moving to the Android 3.0 rom/kernel. (Thanks Cal-El!)

This process must also be used to coming back from this
    Honeycomb build. You will loose all information on your internal SD card.
    I told you to back it up.

Taken from Alterbridge's Overcome Rom posting (which should fix any hangups while flashing to/from this Honeycomb)

IF your Tab does not boot after flashing the kernel and hangs at the Samsung Galaxy Tab screen, you must follow the following procedure

1. Get a stock rom package (any of Rotohammer's firmwares will work)
    2. Get P1_add_hidden.zip from this post and extract the P1_add_hidden.pit file
    3. Using Odin 1.7, put stock rom (Roto-JME-Full-v4.tar for example) in PDA slot.
    4. Put P1_add_hidden.pit in Pit slot
    5. Check repartition box
    6. Put Tab in download mode by holding Volume Down and Power, connect to the computer, and press start.
    7. After this, the Tab will reboot normally. Shut it down and return to download mode.
    8. Open Odin 1.7 and reconnect the Tab.
    9. In the PDA slot, choose the Overcome Kernel v2.0 tar file for use with Odin. Press start
    10. It will flash the kernel then reboot. Upon reboot, you should hear the sexy robot voices informing you of the status of the EXT4 conversion.
    11. Once done, the Tab will boot normally. At this point you can load Overcome Rom (or any other Rom of your choosing)

[*]Remember, No wi-fi, no 3g, no phone calls, nothing. This is a test port. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED OVER 5 TIMES NOW, no complaining about it later.

[*]If your internal SD card reads ~220 MB after coming from this ROM to anything else, you didn't read my post... Try again.

[*] Mirrors :

*Update on driver work for wi-fi (4/12): http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=12816258&postcount=224 (Thanks DemonGloom for translating)
    *Also added video to OP (Thanks to museboy!)
    Порт Android 3.0 Honeycomb на Galaxy Tab (GSM)

Changelog view my video here http://www.max-up.ru/news-apple/update-2-android-30-honeycomb-galaxy-tab-gsm.html

Tab_GSM_Honeycomb_v.0.3.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/?3dvq1yy42au6asd

Root (should already be working, but if that)

Code:
    adb remount
    adb push c:\[URL="http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/937719/su"]su[/URL] /system/bin/
    adb shell
    ln -s /system/bin/su /system/xbin/su
    chmod 06755 /system/bin/su
    exit

SDcard mount try (adb shell)

Code:
    mount -t vfat -o utf8,umask=000,rw /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 /sdcard
    mkdir external_sd
    mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk1p1 /sdcard/external_sd

wi-fi does not work, since Google not open source Honeycomb,
    Creating a driver for wi-fi/fix video (3d) and etc becomes much more complicated(

Some games work if rename system/lib/libsurfaceflinger.so_FOR_GAMES -> libsurfaceflinger.so
    In Android SDK 3.0 wifi works through wlan0, but in our system it is built with eth0.

As we have no HC sources, we have to edit *.so files using HEX Editor..... Data and settings for using drivers are hard-coded in libhardware_legacy.so . And using that method is not easy, as we must keep source length the same in bytes..

dip2011041_9323578_2013137.png

libhardware_legacy.so from the Xoom WIFI dump was used as the source file.. I've written data for .ko module and firmware, also changed iface_name=eth0 (was wlan0). Device booted correctly, but wifi driver still don't work.. I keep digging..

Need to say, that nook color and such devices use wlan0 by default, but with bcm4329 that's not so easy...

English is not native for me, so sorry my mistakes :)
    Does anybody know of DiP7 or anybody else is still actively working on a port?

Read http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=13087063&postcount=296