Can the new Xperia mini pro HD camera be ported to Xperia play.

Search This thread

DAVIDGBJONES

Aug 2, 2011
Birmingham
Hey Ive read here n there that some developers are working on porting the arc camera app to the xperia play. So I was just wondering wouldn't it be easier to port the new xperia pro cam app instead, as it is also 5mp but supports HD recording. Would it even be possible or is there a hardware difference that makes HD unusable on the the xperia play. Sony state that the mini pro is a mid range device, so I can't see how it would have better hardware than the xperia play.

(I did post this in the Q&A section but for some reason the Q&A section is not showing on my xda app. So sorry for double posting)

Sent from my R800i using XDA App

Last edited:

Cat_On_Droid

Aug 13, 2011
Aww... Excited for nothing :(

Time will tell ;-) the devs are veryyy busy

Sent from my R800i using XDA App

Deoxlar

Dec 19, 2009
...... I got excited too.... Misleading title... I thought you successfully ported it already from reading title... If there was a smack button.... Now is the time to press it lmao

Sent from my XPlay using XDA App.

Drakenfall

Jun 10, 2010
I would like to know about this, the software that controls is way better than the GB or ICS version, don´t know why.

Only hope is a port, for devs i will assume it´s a good challenge.

MrMmmkay

Jan 18, 2007
A port would be amazing, i was hoping that the new ics release will bring that camera app from other xperias to play, but the beta shows that thats not true :(.
I love the face derection function from mini pro, and the touch focus is even a great feature, thata defenetly missing on play!