[APP][2.2+] Mounts2SD - Storage & Memory Management

Search This thread

dk_zero-cool

Nov 6, 2010
Horsens
ic_launcher.png

Mounts2SD - Storage & Memory Management

Mounts2SD started out as a simple sd-ext script which only difference between it an others like it, was that it did not use symlinks to create links between /data and /sd-ext. To day it has grown to be so much more. It now comes packed with an Application for controlling the script, viewing current states and more. The script itself has grown to become a large storage and management script with features that controlls SWAP, ZRAM, mount optimization, storage thresholds, different external and internal MMC configurations, cache and more. The content management is able to move a lot more different content between /data and /sd-ext, including the new internal storage, which on some devices, is placed in /data/media, and it also contains more than one option for storing system content on both /data and /sd-ext.

Mounts2SD is no longer just a script for devices with low storage capabilities. It can be used for a lot of things and is useful on almost any device, even those without external sdcard.

Links

Supported Languages

Upcoming Features
Since DevDB has future requests capabilities, I will keep a list here of planned/deciding features to avoid repeating requests.
  • Application Manager with fallowing options:
    1. Convert/Revert regular applications to/from system applications
    2. View and Clear Application Caches
    3. Manually kill the application
      • Status: Deciding (does not fit the Storage and Memory management category)

Downloads

• Google Play
    Install directly from Play Store
    ===========================
  • 3.4.8 (6.0.20) APK (Nov 01, 2013)
    1. [Default Mirror] SourceForge.net

This is the Application which can be installed directly on the phone

-------------------------------------------------
  • 3.4.8 (6.0.20) Recovery ZIP (Nov 01, 2013)

This is the Recovery Package for when updating the ROM on an M2SD configured device

Older Downloads

• 2.2.0 (5.5.0) APK (Jan 26, 2013) (MD5: dd54ace01d9b17c72081a06cd1d072c7)
    2. [Default Mirror] MediaFire.com

This is the Application which can be installed directly on the phone
  • 2.2.0 (5.5.0) Ext4 ZIP (Jan 26, 2013) (MD5: 80c218ff53009c8a0ccde1927361def2)

This will provide you with an recovery ZIP for newer Ext4 devices
    Does not have the file /proc/mtd
  • 2.2.0 (5.5.0) MTD ZIP (Jan 26, 2013) (MD5: 4762d7d85c9cd934f97ba3ba36294fdd)

This will provide you with an recovery ZIP for older MTD devices
    Will have the file /proc/mtd

Change Log
Version: 3.4.8

Older Change Log

Version: 3.4.6

Version: 3.4.4

Version: 3.4.2

Version: 3.4.1

Version: 3.3.4

Version: 3.3.2

Version: 3.3.0

Version: 3.2.0

Version: 3.1.8

Version: 3.1.4

Version: 3.1.2

XDA:DevDB Information
Mounts2SD, a App for the No Device

Contributors
dk_zero-cool, PerfectSlayer, Skippernl, _MarcoMarinho_, GMagician

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 3.4.8
Stable Release Date: 2013-11-01

Created 2013-09-04
Last Updated 2013-11-01

Attachments

• overview_light_port.png
    overview_light_port.png
    45.9 KB · Views: 27,060
  • overview_dark_port.png
    overview_dark_port.png
    46.6 KB · Views: 25,539
  • configure_dark_port_dialog.png
    configure_dark_port_dialog.png
    37.1 KB · Views: 23,868
  • configure_dark_land_dialog.png
    configure_dark_land_dialog.png
    22.8 KB · Views: 22,155
  • configure_dark_port.png
    configure_dark_port.png
    52.5 KB · Views: 21,499
  • Screenshot_2013-09-14-02-28-34.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-09-14-02-28-34.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 20,705
  • Screenshot_2013-09-14-02-56-19.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-09-14-02-56-19.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 19,884
Last edited:

jasonkhoo87

Feb 14, 2011
When i try to install the script. Error popup that it failed to move 10mounts2sd.sh to system/etc/.

using galaxy note, jelly bean 4.1.3

Last edited:

omeomyo

Oct 13, 2011
somerset
Says I need busybox and int. I should also say rooted sgh-i137 running skyrom 9.3

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Reactions: shirsathgautam

dk_zero-cool

Nov 6, 2010
Horsens
hmmmm....can't use this app on my Xperia Mini Pro (Carbon Rom v4.2.2)....i manage to install the scripts and after change a few in setup i reboot the phone then BAMMMMMMMM.....stuck on bootlogo....

And I will gladly help you with this problem, but please use the Bug Report feature at the top of the Thread. It makes it much easier to keep track of current reports. Also, can you add a logcat entry of this issue as well?

mixednuts

Sep 30, 2007
And I will gladly help you with this problem, but please use the Bug Report feature at the top of the Thread. It makes it much easier to keep track of current reports. Also, can you add a logcat entry of this issue as well?

Hope you have a copy of that paragraph so that can just paste.. probably need to use it often. :p

Sent from my OptimusBlack using xda app-developers app

jaxenroth

Apr 28, 2011
Langhorne, PA
using 4ext recovery and have sd-ext set up on sd card. rom boots fine. and i have the latest version of mounts2sd installed, under app settings i have the start up script installed, have green ck dot for applications, but still get insufficent avl, im very green when it comes to apps2sd and mounts2sd, the guides are not too helpful. any help here would be great. thx. jake

dk_zero-cool

Nov 6, 2010
Horsens
using 4ext recovery and have sd-ext set up on sd card. rom boots fine. and i have the latest version of mounts2sd installed, under app settings i have the start up script installed, have green ck dot for applications, but still get insufficent avl, im very green when it comes to apps2sd and mounts2sd, the guides are not too helpful. any help here would be great. thx. jake

What does the size information say about your partitions? You can see this in the app. If cache or data is using to much space, it does not help much to have moved the APK's. And also, what about the Threshold, is that displaying more than what is left on data?

dejanxxxx

Mar 21, 2012
KRAGUJEVAC
If dont check options that move data from /data/data into/sd ext/data/ whether to open the app to be faster?.

My memory card is 4gb class 4.

dk_zero-cool

Nov 6, 2010
Horsens
If dont check options that move data from /data/data into/sd ext/data/ whether to open the app to be faster?.

My memory card is 4gb class 4.

It all depends on the sdcard whether it slows down or not. I have a 16GB Kingston class4, and this card has faster read and write speed than the internal nand on the SGS3, so I actually gain speed by moving content to sd-ext.

The best cards when using sd-ext, is Kingston, Samsung and ScanDisk. The best class value is 2, 4 and 6 (High values is not good when using sd-ext). The worst is class10 (Don't know why). Also, lower readahead is mostly a good thing, but not if you do a lot of PC~>Phone transfers. So if you don't copy much from PC to Phone, I would lower it to 128KB.

Also, you could always try. If you think that your phone get's slower by moving /data/data, then you can just move it back.

dejanxxxx

Mar 21, 2012
KRAGUJEVAC
Kingston class4, so I actually gain speed by moving content to sd-ext.

The best cards when using sd-ext, is Kingston, Samsung and ScanDisk. The best class value is 2, 4 and 6 (High values is not good when using sd-ext). The worst is class10 (Don't know why). Also, lower readahead is mostly a good thing, but not if you do a lot of PC~>Phone transfers. So if you don't copy much from PC to Phone, I would lower it to 128KB.

Also, you could always try. If you think that your phone get's slower by moving /data/data, then you can just move it back.

Thanks, my card is Kingston, mean you say that be better that put lower readahead, on me when look on script for readahead is default 512kb, did leave thus?. Some say that be better that be a 2048kb readahead.

For copy from PC to phone, use air droid, I copy litlle much from PC to phone and conversely, and now how would you put in for readahead?

Ok, I do like you say for readahead,and leave on 512kb, it is deafult read.

Now I leave data/ data, on my internal memory,and only 47mb use.I have small internal memory 158mb free wheb flas ROM. On default is 512mb RAM.

Last edited:

dk_zero-cool

Nov 6, 2010
Horsens
Thanks, my card is Kingston, mean you say that be better that put lower readahead, on me when look on script for readahead is default 512kb, did leave thus?. Some say that be better that be a 2048kb readahead.

For copy from PC to phone, use air droid, I copy litlle much from PC to phone and conversely, and now how would you put in for readahead?

Ok, I do like you say for readahead,and leave on 512kb, it is deafult read.

Now I leave data/ data, on my internal memory,and only 47mb use.I have small internal memory 158mb free wheb flas ROM. On default is 512mb RAM.

Many people think that higher number means better performance, but they never take into account the scenarios. Large readahead is great for large file transfers and small readahead is good for many small reads and writes. So if you often copy multiple gb of music, movies etc to your phone, then yes, a large readahead would be better. If the system is constantly writing small amounts of data to the drive, then smaller readahead is better. The best would properly be around 4kb, but since you also use the first partition as a storage device, it is best to find a middle (Around 128kb, 256kb or 512kb depending of how much transfers you make).

It's like people who thinks that a large CPU is better in their computer, without thinking about whether or not their old HDD can actually keep up with that speed. Grater number does not mean better. A perfect balance is what you should go for.

Top Liked Posts