Camera manual mode problems

Search This thread

willexmen

Jul 17, 2010
Hey,

Having a few problems with the camera while in manual mode. Most times the manual mode either lags or dosent work. I can snap snap a few pictures and then when i try to change the settings in manual it wont work, it looks like it working but the changes dosent apply. Extremly annoying. The only solution is too reset default settings..

Also, if changing shutter speed to 4s when its lots of light it will make that setting stuck and even if i change it to higher it will just lag until i change back to auto mode and then back again.

This bothers me a LOT! anyone having the same problem? Also is it possible to NOT preview the shutterspeed, and just apply it when taking the picture (like most cameras).

edit: Just tryed the manual mode again and the manual settings is not working now either.

Last edited:

lvoky

Oct 20, 2010
Prague
Hey,

Having a few problems with the camera while in manual mode. Most times the manual mode either lags or dosent work. I can snap snap a few pictures and then when i try to change the settings in manual it wont work, it looks like it working but the changes dosent apply. Extremly annoying. The only solution is too reset default settings..

Also, if changing shutter speed to 4s when its lots of light it will make that setting stuck and even if i change it to higher it will just lag until i change back to auto mode and then back again.

This bothers me a LOT! anyone having the same problem? Also is it possible to NOT preview the shutterspeed, and just apply it when taking the picture (like most cameras).

edit: Just tryed the manual mode again and the manual settings is not working now either.

I have the very much same problem and can't find a solution, I'm afraid that I'll have to perform a hard reset. I tried to reset the camera settings to default, tried to remove the app data from the settings menu and none of this worked. But the manual setting funcion was working OK for me originally.

willexmen

Jul 17, 2010
I have the very much same problem and can't find a solution, I'm afraid that I'll have to perform a hard reset. I tried to reset the camera settings to default, tried to remove the app data from the settings menu and none of this worked. But the manual setting funcion was working OK for me originally.

Yes, very annoying and i can not find why it seems to works sometimes. Please pm me or reply in the thread if a hard reset worked. Just spent 2 hours making my screen as sexy possible with widgets and apps so i rather not do i hard reset.:angel:

lvoky

Oct 20, 2010
Prague
Yes, very annoying and i can not find why it seems to works sometimes. Please pm me or reply in the thread if a hard reset worked. Just spent 2 hours making my screen as sexy possible with widgets and apps so i rather not do i hard reset.:angel:

Thanks to @Frutek from the Pictures taken with M8 thread I now have a working solutions. Set your language back to English and the manual settings will work again. BTW, what is the language you are using the phone in now? Mine was Czech, I guess that Frutek used Polish... So it may have problems with Slavic languages.

ILS_SuperNova

May 3, 2010
All i can add to this is setting shutter to 4 means it updates the preview every 4 seconds as you probably know but this setting only works in low light dark night settings. my manual settings do lag to and maybe htc will patch this soon

willexmen

Jul 17, 2010
Thanks to @Frutek from the Pictures taken with M8 thread I now have a working solutions. Set your language back to English and the manual settings will work again. BTW, what is the language you are using the phone in now? Mine was Czech, I guess that Frutek used Polish... So it may have problems with Slavic languages.

Damn, worked great! thats really odd though. Man, so much simpler now, even the shutterspeed settings works flawlessly. Thanks! Had it in swedish.