Which stands/cases allow the device to charge while in use?

Search This thread

hajime_android

Apr 22, 2012
Hello, I noticed that the charging cable is connected to the bottom of the device (below the home button). If I want to charge the device while watching video with the device standing, what can I do? Obviously the official samsung bookcase cannot do this.

renerj

May 2, 2014
Official book cover works perfectly

When using the official book cover in standing position your galaxy note is actually upside down, so the micro usb is on top. Just tested it:)

Hello, I noticed that the charging cable is connected to the bottom of the device (below the home button). If I want to charge the device while watching video with the device standing, what can I do? Obviously the official samsung bookcase cannot do this.

Last edited:

TabGuy

Jun 20, 2011
I have two of these and you can actually charge while sitting on the stand. You have to configure it to lean the Note back some but it works.

WJThomas

Jan 20, 2012
Really? 'Cause I've been looking at reviews of it on YouTube and that's not the case (no pun intended).

While it was probably not designed for it, and it is not quite as stable as the standard upright position, you can configure the cover for the inclined typing position and stand the tablet on its head. I was using this position before I figured out the correct position. I still use it for charging.

Arsene_Lupin

Aug 23, 2013
Personally, I can't justify buying a stand--I have too much crap already! So are there any decent case/stand hybrids that do the trick? The whole layout of the Note seems pretty... haphazard. I've got the cheap Poetic case, but to charge it up while using the folding-stand it has to be positioned at the very edge of the table/desk/surface... which makes the flimsy stand even flimsier. (I seriously want to punch whoever it was that decided thin folding stands were okay to use with 10" tablets).

swdude987

Dec 7, 2010
I purchased the Samsung EE-D100TNWEGUJ and it charges the Note and has a audio jack on the back too. Works great.

---------- Post added at 09:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 AM ----------

As far as cases go - this one you can charge when using. Love the case - Poetic Slimline Case - bought it on amazon for $13 several months ago and now it is $20.

Top Liked Posts