E

experience7

1zDgFln.png

LineageOS

About LineageOS:

Lin·e·age
/ˈlinēij/
noun
  1. lineal descent from an ancestor; ancestry or pedigree.
  2. a sequence of species each of which is considered to have evolved from its predecessor.

Disclaimer:
All information and files — both in source and compiled form — are provided on an as is basis. No guarantees or warranties are given or implied. The user assumes all risks of any damages that may occur, including but not limited to loss of data, damages to hardware, or loss of business profits. Please use at your own risk. Note that unless explicitly allowed by the warranty covering your device, it should be assumed that any warranty accompanying your device will be voided if you tamper with either the system software or the hardware.

Warning:
If you have a repaired Nexus 5 this ROM may not boot on your device. Allegedly certain replacement display units / panels have issues with higher tick-rates. Read this thread for more information.

Instructions:
1. Make sure you're using the required bootloader and radio version. Extract them from the latest Marshmallow factory image from Google and flash them via fastboot!
2. Update recovery [Recommended -> TWRP for hammerhead]
3. Factory reset if coming from another ROM.
4. Install ROM
5. Install GApps (optionally) [Recommended -> Open GApps (arm) (7.1)]

What is CAF?
codeaurora.org
Code Aurora, a Linux Foundation Collaborative Project, is a consortium of companies with projects serving the mobile wireless industry. The projects provide the tested code needed to bring innovative, performance optimized, open source based products to market and also serves as a staging area for code that is submitted to upstream projects such as the kernel and Android. Code Aurora welcomes the participation of projects for multiple architectures. QuIC, as one of the members of Code Aurora, provides support for Qualcomm hardware via the code it contributes to Code Aurora. Code Aurora also mirrors key upstream projects for use by the community.

Source code & Code review:
Source code | Code review | LineageOS
Source code | Code review | Device tree
Source code | Code review | Kernel tree

Download:
  • Official:
    Official downloads are not available.
  • Personal builds:
    ...my Google Drive

Dependencies / local manifest:
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <manifest>
      <project name="LineageOS/android_device_lge_hammerheadcaf" path="device/lge/hammerheadcaf" remote="github" />
      <project name="LineageOS/android_kernel_lge_hammerhead" path="kernel/lge/hammerhead" remote="github" revision="cm-14.1-caf" />
      <project name="LineageOS/android_packages_resources_devicesettings" path="packages/resources/devicesettings" remote="github" />
      <project name="TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_lge" path="vendor/lge" remote="github" />
    </manifest>

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM] [7.1.1] [NOUGAT] LineageOS 14.1 for Nexus 5 [CAF], ROM for the Google Nexus 5

Contributors
experience7
Source Code: github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Bootloader: HHZ20h | Baseband: M8974A-2.0.50.2.30
Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2016-12-30
Last Updated 2017-02-06

E

experience7

Reserved

You might have heard about the end of Cyanogen Inc. and its consequences for CyanogenMod. The project is currently getting rebranded for several reasons (e.g. to avoid legal issues) and will continue as "Lineage OS".

I created this new thread mainly to avoid confusion.

CyanogenMod is dead. Long live Lineage OS.

D

Deleted member 5745127

I've been using this for a couple days. It feels like everything that was made so far is substitution of CM lines with Lineage OS ones using MS Word's find and replace feature. Although battery life is way more short on current unofficial builds in comparison with latest CM14.1 CAF nightly builds, I guess it's because of different kernels.

Last edited by a moderator:

johnhux7

Sep 18, 2013
Inverness
I'm really wanting to try this new ROM but I'm without a PC so I can't extract the radio etc and flash via fast boot.
Is there a way I can use this without a PC
John

Sent from my Honor 8 using XDA Labs

Rawi666

Sep 11, 2011
What linux distro and version do you use for building LineageOS ?
On my Debian Unstable there are some strange build errors.
What specific distro do you use to build LOS successfully?

Boal

Apr 22, 2010
Munich
Happy new year everyone.

Does anyone else have bluetooth problems? Can't connect to anything. I'm on yesterday's version (2016-12-31).

pawel.s

Mar 7, 2011
Can i flash it over CAF cyanogenmod nightly from ~3 weeks ago without wiping anything but cache and dalvik? I guess it should work allright since this is just a rebranded continuation?

ObscureWinter

May 31, 2013
Hey, I've EuclideanOS as primary, and I tried to install Lineage as secondary. TWRP says that I've bootloader HHZ12f and I need HHZ20h instead. What zip should I flash? If I update, will Euclidean keep working?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Where is ThemeChooser?!?!

Wysłane z mojego Nexus 5 CAF przy użyciu Tapatalka

Somewhere on Lineage OS gerrit waiting for your commits to make it work.
    How can we help phoval to develop for our nexus 5?

I want to donate or somewhat
    I don't develop, I just build, donate to Lineage's people.
    Nice, thanks @phoval to keep this up to date and thanks kylon and all guys doing this for us. Download and trying ;)

First build will be tomorrow, today build still use old repo.
    Nice to see you still around here. :) I hope you're doing well and you have made your plans come true. Thanks for the help, I do not understand much about it. But since many hhCAF users use @phoal builds maybe the guys around kylons repo will investigate.
    It's so cool, you guys keep this alive, especially @phoval's superb service. All available thumbs up!

The last time I touched Android code was just before I left. I rarely flash or even reboot my device (OP3T), maybe I should replace my N5's battery and use the beautiful Nexus again because it'd be much better for me, smaller, grippier, lighter.

And thanks for asking, all my plans worked out. These times I even enjoy myself as backend developer on top of my regular project management position, every day is a new adventure. I kinda reinvented myself once again and now I hope to have more time for sports and the coming cycling season.

I'm really interested how this works out and if the revert patch does something at all. If not, you should try AOSPAs init.rc "sledgehammer"-patch.

How is Oreo going, is there a CAF or AOSP build already?
    This commit will be reverted from tomorrow build.
    Here a boot image if you want to try before: https://nyyu.tk/cm/boot_test_hh_revert.img