Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

toastcfh

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Feb 11, 2009
Lakeland, FL
its early access to the ROM that will always be released publicly to all after a delay soi wouldn't call it donor only since its early access like damage and fresh. i think the removal of the posts absolutely must have taken place to ensure T.O.S. are maintained and have nothing to do with favors. my last post on this and then back to regularly scheduled programing, but i am still confused about the post stating the terms in which this thread has been "reopened" because i don't see such application applied across the forum and i believe others were not clear on this either

I assure you that what's good for one is good for all. If you feel someone is in violation of forum rules please report them or pm a mod.

Back on topic.

thenewguy821

Jun 19, 2010
I would say out of respect for Hero, that you don't download until its public but personally i see no reason why not to discuss this ROM.

Agreed. Discussion of the ROM is fine, we just need to let the discussion about the policies rest. Toast has made it clear that the "Pre-release Beta for Donors only" won't be acceptable from ANY developers from now on.

And to Toast... If MY post seemed as if I was pointing fingers, that was not my intent. I was just trying to get some input as to if there was a double standard.

That being said, It does seem like even though Hero isn't actively POSTING here, he is still developing for the EVO. It seems as if he is releasing Betas on his site, then when they are ready for Public release, letting them be released here. As for 1.8, What do the current users think of the newest version? Is it as good as or better than 1.7/1.75? How is the Battery life with the new version?

xlGmanlx

Jul 21, 2010
www.life360.com
1.8 by far is better than 1.7/1.75 performance/snappy wise, and the kicker is that its still just the stock HTC kernel. Once he releases his version, should see way better battery results. I was able to get about 15 hours with about 20% left with no juice defender and everything stock. about moderate usage as well

Agreed. Discussion of the ROM is fine, we just need to let the discussion about the policies rest. Toast has made it clear that the "Pre-release Beta for Donors only" won't be acceptable from ANY developers from now on.

And to Toast... If MY post seemed as if I was pointing fingers, that was not my intent. I was just trying to get some input as to if there was a double standard.

That being said, It does seem like even though Hero isn't actively POSTING here, he is still developing for the EVO. It seems as if he is releasing Betas on his site, then when they are ready for Public release, letting them be released here. As for 1.8, What do the current users think of the newest version? Is it as good as or better than 1.7/1.75? How is the Battery life with the new version?

EVOme

Jun 3, 2010
1.8 is the best rom I have installed. I went to Fresh 3.3 and ended up not liking it...went back to BS 1.7...I flashed 1.8 about an hour ago and it's the snappiest rom i've installed. I added a NA kernel and i'm smoother than a crackheads gum line.

Edit: Noticiing some wife connecting issues...Doh!!

Last edited:

xlGmanlx

Jul 21, 2010
www.life360.com
isn't the WiFi kernel related? i am not sure about that and if its true, this is stock HTC kernel. Once Hero does his thing, lights out

1.8 is the best rom I have installed. I went to Fresh 3.3 and ended up not liking it...went back to BS 1.7...I flashed 1.8 about an hour ago and it's the snappiest rom i've installed. I added a NA kernel and i'm smoother than a crackheads gum line.

Edit: Noticiing some wife connecting issues...Doh!!

EVOme

Jun 3, 2010
I am not sure....I flashed the NA kernel..I have the stock kernel from When i was on Fresh 3.3....maybe i'll flash it and see.

Edit: I just flash the radio, wimax, PRL and NV again to see if it helps wifi...

Last edited:

thenewguy821

Jun 19, 2010
In 1.8, software info, it shows as Hero kernel #2, which in 1.7 was the Hero #6 Kernel. Did he rename the HTC Stock Kernel as hero #2 also, or are you adding the HTC Stock kernel seperately?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Too late bro!!! lol!!!!!!!!!!
    what PRI version does everyone have?
    Every time I try to flash V8 I get

E:Wrong digest:
    system/app/Browser.apk
    E: Verification failed

wth?

what recovery are you using? or maybe its just a bad download.
    Did you do anything special when you flashed? Are you using the latest radio/wiimax? I really like this ROM, but something seems amiss on my end with the battery drain ..

Thanks!

I have the new radios and wimax...I just wiped and flashed. I have NO task killer and I have always on data off or whatever that setting is. I'm really surprised its pretty nice for 2.2. Every other froyo rom sucked my battery dry.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App
    @shawnee4885

Make sure you don't have an auto task killer killing it. If you have one add that app to its exclude list.

@SYNTHAXXX

Yeah, I've had the music start playing by itself when I visit a page with the music widget. So have a few other people. Not sure why yet.