[ROM] [4.2.2] [ No-name CM10.1 nightlies ] [ Standard & Linaro ] [TF101 / TF101G]

Search This thread

pkopalek

Feb 11, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Yeah, I had the same problem until I did things in stages. Give this a try - it works for me. I use TWRP recovery:

1. Factory Reset (wipe Cache, Dalvik & Data)
2. Mount Staging (not important, but otherwise you get the 'Can't Mount Staging' problem later)
3. Install the ROM. But DON'T install GAPPS or UI Patch yet.
4. Wipe (Dalvik & Cache)
5. Reboot System, and wait... and wait... and even wait some more... eventually it moves off the CM animation and into the Setup
6. Don't perform setup now. Instead reboot into recovery.
7. Install GAPPS and UI Patch. Also I install CrossBreeder at this point.
8. Wipe (Dalvik & Cache)
9. System Reboot.

Wait until Setup starts (may take a while), choose your language and go through the setup stages as normal and voila....

Hope it works for you - everything runs perfectly like a rocket now on my TF101G and no reboots or SoDs yet.

And thanks of course to the developers - you guys rock! :cool:

These instructions should be in the OP!

This worked perfectly. Finally booting up after 3 hours of messing with this.

Thank you!!!

TopMusic

Sep 23, 2008
assert failed error, latest build

hi whenever i try to install cm 10.1 nightly version i get following errors.

-- Installing: /sdcard/cm-10.1-20130827-NO-NAME-ROM-tf101g.zip
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Installing update...
assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "tf101g" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "tf101g"
E:Error in /sdcard/cm-10.1-20130827-NO-NAME-ROM-tf101g.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted

i have tried to wipe data, catche and dalvik cache, and also tried after formating system, but same error every time.
can anyone tell me why i get this error and it's solution please?
My TF101G is rooted, unlocked bootloader with TWRP signed_twrp-2.6.3.9_tf101g.zip

Thnx

sidneyk

Nov 16, 2011
Bonner Springs, KS

Installing update...
assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "tf101g" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "tf101g"
(Status 7)
Installation aborted

i have tried to wipe data, catche and dalvik cache, and also tried after formating system, but same error every time.
My TF101G is rooted, unlocked bootloader with TWRP signed_twrp-2.6.3.9_tf101g.zip

Thnx

Can you unzip the ROM file somewhere and drill down through the /META-INF/com/google/android/ folders and pull the updater-script file and post it please. If I can see that I can give you an answer why this isn't working. Thanks.

TopMusic

Sep 23, 2008
Can you unzip the ROM file somewhere and drill down through the /META-INF/com/google/android/ folders and pull the updater-script file and post it please. If I can see that I can give you an answer why this isn't working. Thanks.

Attached it, tnx for looking. :good:

Attachments

• updater-script.zip
    1.9 KB · Views: 10

TopMusic

Sep 23, 2008

Installing update...
(Status 7)
Installation aborted

Thnx

Tryed it again en get this instead of the Status 7 Error.
E:Error executing updater binary in zip '/sdcard/cm-10.1-20130827-NO-NAME-ROM-tf101g.zip'
Error flashing zip '/sdcard/cm-10.1-20130827-NO-NAME-ROM-tf101g.zip'

sidneyk

Nov 16, 2011
Bonner Springs, KS
Attached it, tnx for looking. :good:

See here:

Code:
assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "tf101g" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "tf101g");
format("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p1", "0", "/system");
mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p1", "/system");
package_extract_dir("system", "/system");
The problem is that TWRP does not mount the /system partition by default and the updater-script is trying to check for keys in a file that aren't yet visible to the recovery system. The script is only mounting the /system partition after it has tried this check and after it has already formatted /system, which, of course, fails because there is no build.prop file now to even check.

You can modify the updater script (in a non-windows text editor) and move the mount line (line 9) above the assert line (line 7) or just delete the assert line altogether. I would do the second option, if it were me. Then just zip it back up, create another md5 file if you want and try again. Just make sure you're installing to a tf101g, which is what the ROM was built for.

TopMusic

Sep 23, 2008
See here:

Code:
assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "tf101g" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "tf101g");
The problem is that TWRP does not mount the /system partition by default and the updater-script is trying to check for keys in a file that aren't yet visible to the recovery system. The script is only mounting the /system partition after it has tried this check and after it has already formatted /system, which, of course, fails because there is no build.prop file now to even check.

You can modify the updater script (in a non-windows text editor) and move the mount line (line 9) above the assert line (line 7) or just delete the assert line altogether. I would do the second option, if it were me. Then just zip it back up, create another md5 file if you want and try again. Just make sure you're installing to a tf101g, which is what the ROM was built for.

Oke tnx, ill do the second option, let you know if everything works out.

jrohwer

Mar 4, 2011
See here:

Code:

The ro.product.device and ro.build.product are set by TWRP when you are running recovery. My guess would rather be that you are not running a recovery compiled specifically for TF101G, but rather for TF101. Then the above assert would fail. The way to remedy it would be to first flash the TWRP for TF101G, reboot to system, reboot to recovery again, and then try to reflash the ROM. You can check in TWRP Advanced menu, "Run terminal command":
Code:
getprop | grep product
Most probably this will give tf101, not tf101g

serafis

Jul 29, 2010
Wellington

Installing update...
(Status 7)
Installation aborted

Thnx

The problem seems to be something to do with that version of version of TWRP. Although it says it's for the TF101G, it gives this error. Try and find version twrp-2.6.3.0-5_tf101g.zip, copy it to the SD card, boot into recovery and install it; then try again. That version works fine.

Good luck!

sidneyk

Nov 16, 2011
Bonner Springs, KS
Here are the matching lines from the default.prop in version 2.6.3.9-tf101g:

ro.product.device=tf101g
ro.build.product=tf101g

This file is present after twrp boots. The same config files were used for the earlier version. Just remove the assert line and you'll be fine.

Reactions: TopMusic

TopMusic

Sep 23, 2008
Here are the matching lines from the default.prop in version 2.6.3.9-tf101g:

ro.product.device=tf101g
ro.build.product=tf101g

This file is present after twrp boots. The same config files were used for the earlier version. Just remove the assert line and you'll be fine.

Removed assert line, rezipped, copieed and install works fine now.

Product and build shows both tf101g in TWRP.

Tnx for the help.

josteink

Feb 8, 2011
Oslo
If anyone is still using this, I thought I'd just plug my latest app Straitjacket which is my new, refined and paid version of Noname-parts with some extra features, which also works on phones and other tablets.

If you've used my ROMs all along and wanted a way to say you appreciate it, now's your chance ;)

Reactions: arcangel_web

Rustli

Mar 3, 2012
Karlovy Vary
Could anyone say me, files are used like drivers for the ethernet? I want to use it in anotjer device, but there arent any suitable driver for ethernet.
Thanks

salafiaji

Aug 5, 2012
tpt

please can use this ROM on lenovo thinkpad tablet 1838 since they both have the same processor and screen display? Your
response is appreciated.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No-name CM10.1 nightlies

Welcome to the No-name CM10.1 nightlies ROM.

Features:
    - No fuzz, stable CM10.1-based ROM for the TF101.
    - Timduru's wonderful KAT kernel built in
    - Can play 720p MKVs over wifi using Dice Player (and similar) if OCed to 1.4GHz (see details on OCing below)
    - Support for battery-dock indicator
    - Up to date, nightly builds, with change-logs.
    - Linaro builds available too.
    - Works with PPP widget from the Play Store.
    - Native support for USB and SD-card dock storage.
    - TabletUI mod available.
    - Experimental TF101G support.

We'll do our best to keep it working, stable and fix issues as reported, but whoever feels like contributing should feel free.
    Pull requests welcome.

No-name parts with extra features can optionally be installed from market.
    If you feel like donating, you can install Straitjacket which is my paid app with some extra features. Plus it might give you a warm fuzzy feeling for being a good guy.

Installation:

If coming from any non-4.2.x/CM10.1-based ROM, a factory reset is very much recommended.

(0. Backup your existing ROM)
    1. Decide if you feel experimental. Linaro or normal build?
    2. Download latest nightly to device.
    3. Download special TF101 gapps linked below. (Choose only one)
    4. Boot into recovery. Use TWRP, not CWM, as CWM doesn't support 4.2 ROMs properly.
    5. Flash ROM. (This also wipes /system and any mods you already have.)
    7. Flash special TF101 Gapps.
    8. Optionally flash trackpad and/or tabletUI mod. (For tabletUI-mod: Do read below!)
    9. Ensure you wipe /cache and dalvik-cache.
    10. Reboot.

Basically, the normal procedure for any ROM.

Updating:

Updating from a previous build does not require a factory reset and will in no way delete any user-data or apps.

Be sure to flash ROM and to reflash gapps otherwise you will lose your current Google-account.

(0. Backup your existing ROM)
    1. Download latest nightly to device.
    2. Boot into recovery.
    3. Flash ROM. (This also wipes /system and any mods you already have.)
    4. Flash special TF101 Gapps.
    5. Optionally flash trackpad and/or tabletUI mod.
    6. Ensure you wipe /cache and dalvik-cache.
    7. Reboot.

Downloads

TF101 (Wifi only) ROM available here:
    - nexfiles
    - dlumberg's mirror

Experimental TF101G ROM available here:
    - nexfiles

NOTE: These require TWRP for TF101G to be flashed. a_sh_ has you covered.

Optional trackpad mods::
    - nexfiles
    - dlumberg's mirror
    - changes pointer-mode, but wont inverse scrolling direction of trackpad.

Gapps available here:
    - Special TF101 gapps by dlumberg & josteink.
    - dlumberg's mirror

Thanks to:

- The Cyanogenmod team, for all the goodies they keep on delivering, across devices.
    - RaymanFX, for a CM-compatible device-tree for the TF101.
    - Timduru, for KatKernel which keeps this thing stable and functional.
    - Auto-patcher, for tabletUI mod.
    - ShevT and a_sh_, for TF101G support.

Linaro?

So you are asking "What's Linaro anyway?". Good questions. To learn more, you can head to the Linaro. Since that is a big, big page with lots of technical stuff, I'll be nice and provide a brief explanation:

- Linaro makes an alternative toolchain which offers extra optimization-options not found in the "normal" Android build-chain. These optimizations should make the resulting build/ROM faster.
    - But these optimizations are not entirely proven yet, and there is some debate about compatibility-related side-effects.
    - These means that the resulting build may be less stable and/or less compatible with Android-software than builds produced using the normal build chain.

Is Linaro for you? It works for me. If you feel very conservative, it's probably best to avoid it.

If you still can't decide, you can check out this thread which dlumberg was nice enough to bring up. :)

TabletUI mod

In the ROM's download folder, for some releases you will find matching tabletUI mods availble for download.

Do note that these mods are created from the ROM itself and must be exactly matched.

That means that if your tabletUI mod is dated 20130428 and tagged "linaro", the only ROM that mod was created for was the 20130428 linaro build and no other build what so ever.
    A mod made for the linaro build isn't supported when applied to the standard build and vica verse. A mod made for one date should never be used on a build created on any other date.

These mods are highly specific and needs to be treated that way. If you are mixing things and having any sorts of issues, there's nothing I can or will do about that. You have been warned.

On over-clocking

Don't use SetCPU or other third party tools. They are not needed, as the ROM has built in OC-controls. Using such tools may cause a conflict and in worst case possibly RRs and SODs.

To unlock the OC controls, go to System settings, About tablet, scroll down to build number, and tap that repeatedly until the system responds with "You are now a developer".

Exit and re-enter settings. You should now have a section called "Performance". Here you can enter a submenu called "CPU". Using this is the supported and recommended way to do over-cloking.

Issues?

Check the Github issue-tracker. They may be reported already. If not, feel free to report them.
    https://github.com/josteink/device_asus_tf101/issues?state=open

Some issues are reported and closed, but have known workarounds:
    https://github.com/josteink/device_asus_tf101/issues?labels=workaround+available&page=1&state=closed

If not there, you can also check or ask in the thread. Most issues will probably benefit from public discussion.

Please do not PM me for technical support. You wont get it.

Sources:

Android is open-source. This is an open-source project.

Cyanogenmod:
    https://github.com/CyanogenMod/

TF101 device-tree:
    https://github.com/josteink/device_asus_tf101

Kat-kernel:
    https://github.com/timduru/tf101-katkernel

Experimental TF101G device-tree with modifications by ShevT:
    https://github.com/ShevT/device_asus_tf101g

Experimental Kat-kernel with config for TF101G:
    https://github.com/josteink/tf101-katkernel

Build-setup:
    https://github.com/josteink/android_multi-build
    https://github.com/josteink/simba

Auto-patcher:
    https://github.com/mateor/auto-patcher

Current contributors:
    - dlumberg
    - davebuk
    - ShevT
    - a_sh_
    - TheMrcool212
    - Jostein Kjønigsen (josteink)

Other questions:

- "These are the same builds you posted in RaymanFX's thread, right?"
    - Yes they are.

- "Bleeding edge... Does this include cherry-picks?"
    - No. Only regular CM updates which has passed gerrit code review, just like the official nightlies. We're bleeding edge. Not extra bleeding edge.

- "What makes this different from RaymanFX's 0.8 Work In Progress ROM?"
    - This ROM is based of his work, but he hasn't updated his sources in a long while. With the kernel being replaced by a non-Rayman kernel and him not really updating it anymore, I felt it would be wrong to keep posting it in his thread. As we keep making changes, I expect less and less of his original work will remain.

Thus I felt it was time to give. Not to mention, now people have easy to locate downloads and up to date instructions in the first post.
    Change log:

This log (mostly) reflects changes specifically to this ROM, and does not (usually) include changes upstream from Cyanogenmod.

2013-02-21: Initial release as own ROM, using forked KAT kernel.
    2013-02.24: GPS and battery-dock fixes.
    2013-02-25: Kernel renaming.
    2013-02-27: Fix touchpad-toggle on battery-dock. Thanks to whirleyes!
    2013-03-08: Fix issue with front-facing camera.
    2013-03-12: Fix issue with missing audio after deep sleep on some devices.
    2013-03-20: Added very basic trackpad mods.
    2013-03-21: Fix for bluetooth audio devices. Thanks Boomgawd!
    2013-03-22: Fix for non-working Google Backup.
    2013-03-24: Fix Google talk video chat (thanks to J-Pod)
    2013-03-29: Fix for 720p video-recording.
    2013-04-05: Kernel changed to actual KAT kernel nightlies as well.
    2013-04-14: Fix for Photosphere crashes merged upstream in CM. (Photosphere yet to be included in gapps)
    2013-05-12: Experimental builds for TF101G added.
    2013-05-20: TWRP for TF101G added.
    2013-05-21: TF101G build borken.
    2013-05-24: Broken TF101G builds fixed.
    2013-05-28: Added automatic building of tabletUI-mods for all 4.2 builds.
    2013-06-19: Updated Linaro toolchain.
    2013-06-23: Added support for exfat and better support for SD-card and USB devices in the settings.
    Tablet UI thanks to Auto Patcher http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1719408
    Caldair is going to commit the change to the repo so that auto-patcher will have native support for tf101 going forward. Big thanks to him

Flash from recovery over your existing rom.

TabletUI
    http://zenithosis.com/update-cm-tf101-20130320-tabletUI.zip

Restore phablet UI
    http://zenithosis.com/restore-cm-tf101-20130320.zip

There is no settings panel yet.
    [ROM] [4.2.2] No-name CM10.1 nightlies - Standard & Linaro

If you don't mind could you explain something for me then...I have

Using Total Commander as my file explore, I go to the "home/root" screen this is what I see

SD-Card Total Commander shows the path as /storage/emulated/0
    and
    SD-Card (2) Total Commander shows the path as /storage/sdcard1 (when I initially downloaded my ROMS and stuff, I put them on the physical SD card...this is where they are appearing.

If I go into /storage these are the folders I see

emulated
    sdcard0
    sdcard1
    sdcard2
    usbdisk0
    usbdisk1

Is it just me or does this seem unnecessarily messy? I'm not sure if this is a DEV issue or not, but thanks for your help! It seems to be a stable 4.2.2 ROM thus far.

Ok, so here is a rundown:
    sdcard1 is the microSD
    sdcard2 is the dock SD
    usbdisk0&1 are the two USB ports.

sdcard0 is the internal storage for the current user (also /sdcard/)

/storage/emulated/0/ is the primary user (only SuperUser). This is mounted as /sdcard/ and /storage/sdcard0/ when logged in.

If you add users, the second user has data stored at /storage/emulated/10/. When they are logged on, this folder is mounted at /sdcard/ and also /storage/sdcard0/

Additional users will be added in the following order in the /storage/emulated/ directory:
    1st user - 0
    2nd user - 10
    3rd user - 11
    4th user - 12
    5th user - 13
    Just to let you know: Ubuntu upgrade completed. Most things seems to have survived quite well, including the TF101 android build-setup.

Also: I've gotten word from ShevT about the changes involved, so I'm now working on getting the TF101G builds back up.

All in all, should (hopefully) be smooth sailing ahead now (unless I just jinxed it) :D