Caution when Updating to Cyanogenmod 11

Search This thread

pheonixxdark

Nov 12, 2013
colombo
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Hello friends
Just want to let you know from experience of course...... if your updating your tab cm10.2 to cm11 via ota updater or even manually make sure you update your CWM to a higher version. If you dont you will end up in a cwm boot loop. Theres no official cwm higher version but you can find a custom version easily. Also remember to update Gaaps 4.4.2..
Incase you get to a cwm bootloop dont panic. Leave the tab as it. Take out the sd card and download and copy to sd car the previous version cm10.2 and gapps. After update via cwm normaly. Dont wipe anything etc.. Just renoot.. Your tab will resume to cm old version.
Im no big tech guy. Just experienced the above and sorted myself.. My device is P5100...my tab is running on Cyanogenmod 11 android 4.4.2 and its so smooth i just love it.....

black87

Aug 17, 2013
It's up to you :D
Hello friends
Just want to let you know from experience of course...... if your updating your tab cm10.2 to cm11 via ota updater or even manually make sure you update your CWM to a higher version. If you dont you will end up in a cwm boot loop. Theres no official cwm higher version but you can find a custom version easily. Also remember to update Gaaps 4.4.2..
Incase you get to a cwm bootloop dont panic. Leave the tab as it. Take out the sd card and download and copy to sd car the previous version cm10.2 and gapps. After update via cwm normaly. Dont wipe anything etc.. Just renoot.. Your tab will resume to cm old version.
Im no big tech guy. Just experienced the above and sorted myself.. My device is P5100...my tab is running on Cyanogenmod 11 android 4.4.2 and its so smooth i just love it.....
Nope, when use older cwm, it will result status 7 error, not bootloop.

Reactions: pheonixxdark

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello friends
    Nope, when use older cwm, it will result status 7 error, not bootloop.