[Android 1.6+] Backtrack Install Guide

Search This thread

devwithzachary

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 12, 2009
London
Huawei P40
After alot of good response about my Ubuntu install guide apps (thread here) I am happy to announce the second linux distro to get a install guide app!

The Backtrack install guide costs £1.25 (a little more than the Ubuntu guide due me needing to carry out alot more work in this build) and walks you through step by step to install and run backtrack on your android device via the chroot method.

The guide also includes download links to my custom backtrack images which give support for 800x480, 854x480, 960x540, 1024x600 and 1280x800 resolutions.

It is recommended that you test my free Ubuntu guide first to make sure the method works on your device before you buy this guide, however I am always working on getting more devices supported so in the future yours will hopefully work!

For more information and requirements please read the market place description.

The market link is HERE

Link to video of backtrack running on my phone HERE

And Link to support device list so far HERE

What is Backtrack?
Backtrack is Linux distro which includes a large range of security testing tools, it also features the Gnome desktop environment. For more information have a look at there site:
http://www.backtrack-linux.org/

Test files
A few people have asked to be able to 'try before you buy' and so here are download links to the V1 images, and the V5 script, if these work than the new images will also work (note these downloads are on multiupload not my ftp server)
backtrack.sh V5
backtrackV1-800x480
backtrackV1-854x480
backtrackV1-960x540
backtrackv1-1024x600
backtrackV1-1280x800

Updates
08/01/12
*File downloads now use new fast FTP server and support direct downloading (click the button to download a image and it starts to download right away)
*New boot script which has fixed problems with it not booting on alot of devices, and fixed problem which some people getting a grey screen when loading UI
*Boot script now downloaded in zip file to fix problems with downloading script
*SDcard now accessible from within backtrack
*Apps fixed to support low resolutions
*Apps cleaned up

See how deep the rabbit-hole goes...
http://linuxonandroid.blogspot.com/

Last edited:
Reactions: Trialsin

trh1341

Jun 13, 2011
MESA
is backtrack better than Ubuntu...what other features are there? I'm guessing still no sound right?

Sent from my HTC Inspire "4G" using Ice Cream Sandwich

Reactions: Links2004

devwithzachary

Oct 12, 2009
London
Huawei P40
is backtrack better than Ubuntu...what other features are there? I'm guessing still no sound right?

Backtrack is based on Ubuntu but includes alot of security testing software etc, it also features the Gnome desktop unlike my ubuntu builds for more information on backtrack have a look at the site: http://www.backtrack-linux.org/

And yes no sound still at the moment

trh1341

Jun 13, 2011
MESA
Backtrack is based on Ubuntu but includes alot of security testing software etc, it also features the Gnome desktop unlike my ubuntu builds for more information on backtrack have a look at the site: http://www.backtrack-linux.org/

And yes no sound still at the moment

Okay thanks :) am thinking about buying...I like being able to work on my rom from anywhere:)

devwithzachary

Oct 12, 2009
London
Huawei P40
Installed Programs

The list is rather long but the general programs installed apart from the backtrack security software kit includes the likes of java, python, firefox, thunderbird, office applications etc.
One thing I have noticed is the software centre is not installed, however I will include this in the next release!

Reactions: hardik_hrc

moebius83

Dec 19, 2010
Bologna
first of all, great job!
now some questions, did you actually try any of the installed security software? how much of those apps actually work? I guess wifi scan/injection don't, how about nmap and network scanning?

devwithzachary

Oct 12, 2009
London
Huawei P40
first of all, great job!
now some questions, did you actually try any of the installed security software? how much of those apps actually work? I guess wifi scan/injection don't, how about nmap and network scanning?

I havnt had time to test the apps yet myself no, once I have the next release ready and on the new server I shall take some time to go through all the programs and work out what does and doesn't work. However it is based of a official ARM release from backtrack so at a guess I would say all programs that do not require special hardware support should work right away

devwithzachary

Oct 12, 2009
London
Huawei P40
little look at what will be included in the next release over the weekend:
  • App file downloads now use new fast FTP server and support direct downloading (click the button to download a image and it starts to download right away, no more slow ass multiuploard :D (thanks to everyone who bought to app to make this possible!))
  • New boot script which has fixed problems with it not booting on alot of devices, and fixed problem which some people getting a grey screen when loading UI
  • Boot script now downloaded in zip file to fix problems with downloading script
  • App cleaned up and now supports screens with low resolution (devices with lower than 800x480 rez had the bottom of pages dropping off view as scrolling wasn't properly used in the layouts)
  • SDcard now accessible within backtrack
  • +anything I have forgot when writing this :p

if your lucky will be uploaded tomorrow will see how the weekend goes

benek259

Apr 20, 2009
Confirming that "nmap" is working correct & well. GOOD JOB !

Would it be possible to upload a list, which includes planned packages you will insert in next time:D ?

Nexus S - i9023 - WORKING:

-STOCK ICS ROM
-STOCK KERNEL
Android 4.0.3/IML74K/XXKI1 Radio/KL1 Bootloader

devwithzachary

Oct 12, 2009
London
Huawei P40
Confirming that "nmap" is working correct & well. GOOD JOB !

Would it be possible to upload a list, which includes planned packages you will insert in next time:D ?

Nexus S - i9023 - WORKING:

-STOCK ICS ROM
-STOCK KERNEL
Android 4.0.3/IML74K/XXKI1 Radio/KL1 Bootloader

Glad to hear it :)

updates? gorgeous....beautifull...tnx man!!

I am now working on improving the app, to make the install process even easier, my goal is basically to press one button to download and then another to boot, and then possible a widget that will allow you to quickly boot it when ever you want

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    thanks a lot and here....wright now downloading!!!
    After alot of good response about my Ubuntu install guide apps (thread here) I am happy to announce the second linux distro to get a install guide app!

The Backtrack install guide costs £1.25 (a little more than the Ubuntu guide due me needing to carry out alot more work in this build) and walks you through step by step to install and run backtrack on your android device via the chroot method.

The guide also includes download links to my custom backtrack images which give support for 800x480, 854x480, 960x540, 1024x600 and 1280x800 resolutions.

It is recommended that you test my free Ubuntu guide first to make sure the method works on your device before you buy this guide, however I am always working on getting more devices supported so in the future yours will hopefully work!

For more information and requirements please read the market place description.

The market link is HERE

Link to video of backtrack running on my phone HERE

And Link to support device list so far HERE

What is Backtrack?
    Backtrack is Linux distro which includes a large range of security testing tools, it also features the Gnome desktop environment. For more information have a look at there site:
    http://www.backtrack-linux.org/

Test files
    A few people have asked to be able to 'try before you buy' and so here are download links to the V1 images, and the V5 script, if these work than the new images will also work (note these downloads are on multiupload not my ftp server)
    backtrack.sh V5
    backtrackV1-800x480
    backtrackV1-854x480
    backtrackV1-960x540
    backtrackv1-1024x600
    backtrackV1-1280x800

Updates
    08/01/12
    *File downloads now use new fast FTP server and support direct downloading (click the button to download a image and it starts to download right away)
    *New boot script which has fixed problems with it not booting on alot of devices, and fixed problem which some people getting a grey screen when loading UI
    *Boot script now downloaded in zip file to fix problems with downloading script
    *SDcard now accessible from within backtrack
    *Apps fixed to support low resolutions
    *Apps cleaned up

See how deep the rabbit-hole goes...
    http://linuxonandroid.blogspot.com/

Installed Programs

The list is rather long but the general programs installed apart from the backtrack security software kit includes the likes of java, python, firefox, thunderbird, office applications etc.
    One thing I have noticed is the software centre is not installed, however I will include this in the next release!
    So I get this every time I try to boot this on a specific Rom on my At&t note. It works on a different Rom and it is the same kernel with both. any ideas so I can help debug for the dev, he doesn't really understand what i'm talking about.

Looks like a busybox issue to me, maybe that ROM uses a different busybox?

---------- Post added at 05:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:35 PM ----------

I bought the app, but I have issues with the zip that I download, is there a link so I can download it from my computer, and transfer it over?