[ROM] 11 Apr - MoDaCo Custom ROM for the HTC One S - Sense and Vanilla styles

Search This thread

paulobrien

Nov 6, 2003
Norwich
www.MoDaCo.com
Hi everyone!

This is the development topic for my MoDaCo Custom ROM for the HTC One S. MoDaCo Custom ROMs are based on official ROMs - either shipping or leaked. A MCR release is designed to feel as far as possible like a stock ROM, with optimisations, tweaks and complimentary additions that enhance the user experience. The aim of a MCR is to be ultra reliable for use on an everyday device.

I am currently working on a LOT of features for the ROM (we have over 120 kitchen items already!) including including as many stock ICS options as possible. Development - as always - will take place in the kitchen, however I will be making a 'stock style' prebake available periodically as I create the ROM. Stock style and Vanilla (ICS) style prebakes will be available as the ROM takes shape.

Please see the changelog in post 3 to see the latest updates and to see what's included.

The ROM is installed via my ClockworkMod recovery. PLEASE BACKUP BEFORE INSTALLING. This ROM uses custom certificates, if you are not coming from a previous MCR release, please flash the 'to MCR' update zip as well as the main ROM. If you wish to switch from this ROM back to a stock ROM, you should flash the 'to Stock' update zip then the ROM of your choice.

• ROM update zip (Sense style) - DOWNLOAD - MD5: 54e2b3e03d8ccd8e4edea3ee1050f9eb
  • ROM update zip (Vanilla style) - DOWNLOAD - MD5: 15ab9e59feb9a35950987039d56f2a52
  • 'to MCR' update zip (see above) - DOWNLOAD - MD5: 418c9d6da2bc869d5bbaf1ad8def2095
  • 'to Stock' update zip (see above) - DOWNLOAD - MD5: 950ce66bb4cccda5c5d129e4af55085f
Thanks for your support! Details on how to donate should you wish to do so are available in the MoDaCo topic. :)

P

Last edited:

paulobrien

Nov 6, 2003
Norwich
www.MoDaCo.com
Changelog

11th April 12:00 - Vanilla style prebake cutoff point

• Added stock Google browser to kitchen
10th April 14:00 - Sense style prebake cutoff point

• Initial release
  • Rebuilt, compressed and optimised with the MCR build system
  • Based on the 1.53 WWE release
  • All Google and 3rd party applications updated to the latest release
  • SuperSU application and su binary from ChainfireXDA for SAFE root functionality
  • Insecure boot image
  • LOTS of ICS stock options
  • Language tweak for UK English (Torch -> Flashlight)

Last edited:

limestar

May 9, 2006
Anyone having problems with HTC Dev. I keep getting we are under maintenance message when I submit my token :(

zeroprobe

Apr 20, 2010
Would it be possible to tweak the partitions.

I wouldn't mind having 1gb Phone storage for an extra 1gb media?

xkonni

Jan 16, 2010
berlin
Would it be possible to tweak the partitions.

I wouldn't mind having 1gb Phone storage for an extra 1gb media?

partitions are in the hboot. so that needs to be hacked first. and then i think it will be possible as all those partitions are at the end of the flash memory.
p33 /system
p34 /cache
p35 /data
p36 /sdcard

but this will take time...

limestar

May 9, 2006
Anyway to remove the 3 dot menu in this rom? Love the rom just want to reassign options menu to multitasking button and have long press on home for multi tasking.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everyone!

This is the development topic for my MoDaCo Custom ROM for the HTC One S. MoDaCo Custom ROMs are based on official ROMs - either shipping or leaked. A MCR release is designed to feel as far as possible like a stock ROM, with optimisations, tweaks and complimentary additions that enhance the user experience. The aim of a MCR is to be ultra reliable for use on an everyday device.

I am currently working on a LOT of features for the ROM (we have over 120 kitchen items already!) including including as many stock ICS options as possible. Development - as always - will take place in the kitchen, however I will be making a 'stock style' prebake available periodically as I create the ROM. Stock style and Vanilla (ICS) style prebakes will be available as the ROM takes shape.

Please see the changelog in post 3 to see the latest updates and to see what's included.

The ROM is installed via my ClockworkMod recovery. PLEASE BACKUP BEFORE INSTALLING. This ROM uses custom certificates, if you are not coming from a previous MCR release, please flash the 'to MCR' update zip as well as the main ROM. If you wish to switch from this ROM back to a stock ROM, you should flash the 'to Stock' update zip then the ROM of your choice.

• ROM update zip (Sense style) - DOWNLOAD - MD5: 54e2b3e03d8ccd8e4edea3ee1050f9eb
    • ROM update zip (Vanilla style) - DOWNLOAD - MD5: 15ab9e59feb9a35950987039d56f2a52
    • 'to MCR' update zip (see above) - DOWNLOAD - MD5: 418c9d6da2bc869d5bbaf1ad8def2095
    • 'to Stock' update zip (see above) - DOWNLOAD - MD5: 950ce66bb4cccda5c5d129e4af55085f
    Thanks for your support! Details on how to donate should you wish to do so are available in the MoDaCo topic. :)

P
    Changelog

11th April 12:00 - Vanilla style prebake cutoff point

• Added stock Google browser to kitchen
    10th April 14:00 - Sense style prebake cutoff point

• Initial release
    • Rebuilt, compressed and optimised with the MCR build system
    • Based on the 1.53 WWE release
    • All Google and 3rd party applications updated to the latest release
    • SuperSU application and su binary from ChainfireXDA for SAFE root functionality
    • Insecure boot image
    • LOTS of ICS stock options
    • Language tweak for UK English (Torch -> Flashlight)

+ 1

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2
    Couldn't boot after flashing on a T-Mo One S. Did not wipe first. Did apply certs