[Q] Which case should I get?

Search This thread

jugglinhjohn

Sep 27, 2011
Stock Branded Black Silicon Skin/Case with Screen Protector

I have a stock branded black silicon skin case and use a screen protector I bought when I bought my device from the T-Mobile store, its not fully water proof however I have noticed the rare times I dropped my device, it was cushioned by the silicon rubber and isn't worse for wear. I've heard others having the same experience. I like its grip in my hands and the cords connect through, though it does catch to the fabric of pockets. I also notice that many complain about subtle contours of the actual device feeling odd in the hand without an extra case accessory. Otterbox makes great stuff, however my friends iphone in a hard otterbox caseis damaged after a few ordinary impacts from being dropped,where as I suspect a silicon gel skin case may have cushioned and done a better job protecting the same crapple iphone. Also, I should mention that my device with the black silicon rubber gel stock branded case and adhesive skin protector has survived day to day life in the inner city, a trip to burning man and being in my pocket while doing crazy circus stuff such as juggling, spinning props and even fire performance though all with a certain amount of gypsy luck involved I'm sure. If you want to water proof an HTC:Glacier, you can always simply put it in a ziploc plastic bag and sort of even still use it if you must.

daniETingles

Dec 29, 2011
i got the TPU fusion case on amazon, and its currently discounted to 3.92 from 35 bucks. it was a great snag and the case is awesome!

simplyrafa8

Nov 5, 2011
Yuma, AZ
I have the second one, it's amazing, I had to do a few adjustments with a knife, but wow it's an amazing case!! Feels so good, and it's sexy. B-)

DonDizzurp

Aug 15, 2009
The Internet
i have the second one.. fusion tpu case
looks really slick and the grip on the side feels nice

you might have to cut/stretch the power and camera button area though

Last edited:
G

glacierguy

Don't overthink it

I've had my Glacier for almost a year and a half and have had the same case throughout it's whole life.

I can't post the link but it's the $10 gel skin from T-Mobile's website or store locations.

I've dropped my phone countless times... in parking lots and sidewalks. Falls out of my lap constantly. Between that gel skin and the anti-glare/anti-fingerprint screen protector and the phone is still like new. I swear by it.

andrew749

Oct 16, 2011
Woodbridge
Depends on preference

I bought a 3 pack of hardcases as well as screen protectors from ebay and they have kept my phone very well protected. I prefer hard cases over gel cases as they gel cases collect dust but the hard case does not give as much protection to your phone unless it is an otterbox which is a hybrid. If you drop your phone a lot get a gel case but if your phone is in your pocket most of the time, get a hard case.

Sora1995

Nov 7, 2010
Google Pixel 2 XL
Google Pixel 5a
Powerskin Case

There was a case I found which I'm interested in, and you guys might be too. It's an extra battery case by Powerskin and can be found on Amazon. I'm probably going to get it when taxes come in, as my phone is shot and I might need a new one at thsi rate.... :(

420haxr

Dec 19, 2011
They don't have any good cases for our phones. I want something different that you normally don't see for example the iphones have an old school cassette as the case. I want something unique. Not rubber. But I have no luck.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using xda premium

jp694

Apr 10, 2012
im just about to order that second case you posted everyone has been saying its a good case how can you go wrong for $1.96 cant wait for it to arrive thanks for everyone suggesting it :)

Zkyfer

Apr 3, 2012
Hialeah, Florida
If I were you get the rubber one I have it and its perfect, I can drop this phone from a 2 story building and nothing bad will occur. Trust me its the best.

Sent from my HTC MyTouch 4G using XDA

jp694

Apr 10, 2012
ya i just purchased that rubber one from ebay since amazon dosent accept paypal sadly it would have been cheaper if they did but o well cant complain still less then $3

ChrisMonsterr

Jul 10, 2011
I recommend the fusion tpu case, I've had it for about a year and had dropped my phone many times with no problems. Plus its very thin but yet durable.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA

theralphh

Mar 22, 2012
I was in the same situation as you. I got the Ottter box commuter and I definitely don't regret getting it. It's super sturdy and feels great on the mt4g. Not bulky at all, still keeps it's slim shape a bit. But definitely loving the otter box!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So after reading a few reviews and watching some youtube vids, I went with the TPU Fusion. But I bought it off ambitronic instead of Amazon since it was $5 cheaper there.

Thanks guys.
    yeah off of ambitronic + a screen protector didn't cost me much. only thing is that some microusb chargers won't fit completely or fit but are easy to dislodge, the original one fit fine for me but it wasn't really a dealbreaker for me since it doesn't bother me