[rom][8/1] paranoidandroid 3.91 | 4.3

Should Paranoid Android change to an AOSP base.

• Yes, AOSP base with a few features from cm

Votes: 277 63.2%
  • NO, stick with a cm base(current base)

Votes: 161 36.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

xfrancis14

Sep 6, 2012
Re: PARANOIDANDROID 3.0 nightly(0414) (4.2.2) | Hybrid, Pie, Per App Color

On the subject of battery, anyone experience the charging time takes more than 5 hours from 0-100%? It takes more time to charge than I actually use this tablet.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
Yes

thereal_bigjake

Sep 17, 2012
Centralia

On the subject of battery, anyone experience the charging time takes more than 5 hours from 0-100%? It takes more time to charge than I actually use this tablet.

Mine seems to be taking about the same time to charge but I did notice the battery is lasting a lot longer since flashing 4.2.2.

y8ubuqun.jpg

Nexus 7 | PA 3.0 4.2.2 | M-kernel | Nova

Last edited:

Cliniclyinsane

Feb 1, 2013

I can finally post in here, just wanted to thank everyone for this great software, my nexus 7 was dissapointing until i tried paranoid! Almost perfect keep up the hard work!

Paranoid 3+ nexus 7 w/m-kernel a37 ;)

knuckles1978

Aug 6, 2012

Should be 3 hours to fully charge from 0%, and I'm really happy with the life I get on my n7 with heavy use. Seems to charge just as quickly in heavy use too. I think that's why the 2A charger, I think around 1A is the maximum charging current drawn, and the extra 1A is there for if it is in use while charging, otherwise it wouldn't charge at all if you were.

Mine is a 32gb WiFi only, I'm using Asus 2A charger, and Asus USB cable which does feel like a heavier gauge cable than some generic cables, feels quite a bit more rigid. Someone did some testing with a multimeter, and different cables did affect the mA charge rate.

Search for the testing thread, it was quite thoroughly done. Different chargers, cables, and checked properly with a multimeter. But yeah, I get 8 or 9 hours of screen time with very heavy use, and I'm perfectly happy with the charge time. And stand by it loses 1 sometimes 2% overnight with WiFi just left on :)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

xfrancis14

Sep 6, 2012

Whew, I thought I was the only one. I was about to return this thing. I own many android phones and none take this long. Also the stand by time is horrible.

No offense to anyone, coming from iPad, I do have to give apple credit to their battery life.

I think we may both have a hardware problem tho.. Cause we're the only one having this issue

lollyjay

Jul 26, 2012
Fresno

Really butt wipe! I have a job and a family and other obligations the require the time it would take me to search this or any thread. This is a community of people helping others and not just bashing because they quoted someone else having a Bluetooth problem and stated the problem I was having. I have been a member for a long time and I am willing to help anyone without being hateful or rude. So post your helpful point and go bash someone else! I mean really get a life!!!

Butt wipe? TROLL!

Last edited:
Reactions: Cliniclyinsane

lollyjay

Jul 26, 2012
Fresno

It's butt, and if you had bothered to keep reading you would have realized all that had been resolved, no reason to bring any of it back up.

I had already corrected it, if you had only learned to use the refresh. And it is not resolved if the one using calling someone a "butt wipe" isn't up to an apology. He did not directly apologize to the individual.:D

Last edited:
Reactions: Cliniclyinsane

br0adband

Mar 28, 2008
I had already corrected it, if you had only learned to use the refresh. And it is not resolved if the one using calling someone a "butt wipe" isn't up to an apology.:D

That person did apologize, and so did I, so do everyone - that means everyone a favor and stop polluting this thread with posts like the ones you've just made (and now basically I've had to respond as well to point out you missed the apologies).

Best course of action: don't respond to this post or anything related to this post which means the other posts that shouldn't have been posted at all (including mine, really).

Moving on...

<and editing your posts so quickly and frequently, that's just bad form...>

Watchaa

Oct 5, 2012

Did you try clearing the app data/cache to see if that helps? Or booting into recovery and wiping dalvik and cache? It's worth a shot, maybe even try fixing permissions.

Yes I already tried to the clear the app cache + dalvik and cache partition in recovery + flashed again gapps.
No success.

My Google Talk has no connection.

I can't understand what could be wrong...

Cliniclyinsane

Feb 1, 2013

Yes I already tried to the clear the app cache + dalvik and cache partition in recovery + flashed again gapps.
No success.

My Google Talk has no connection.

I can't understand what could be wrong...

I had a problem with youtube only a factory reset fixed it

Paranoid 3+ nexus 7 w/m-kernel a37 ;)

dems86

Nov 3, 2012
Sacramento

I had already corrected it, if you had only learned to use the refresh. And it is not resolved if the one using calling someone a "butt wipe" isn't up to an apology. He did not directly apologize to the individual.:D

....best not to speak up and prove everyone right.

HeckNoTechnO

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 10, 2008
Temple
www.n6xshamu.com

I must say this is an excellent awesome rom. I have a HTC EVO 4G LTE and have had all from OG, and 3D ect. It took a little getting used to but now that I have figured out a few things (theming)  and such. I am really loving it.

I will also say I am proud to be a part of the Nexus 7 community and I want to apologize to everyone for my earlier comments.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

drewski_1

Jul 20, 2012
SF Bay Area, CA

Should be 3 hours to fully charge from 0%, and I'm really happy with the life I get on my n7 with heavy use. Seems to charge just as quickly in heavy use too. I think that's why the 2A charger, I think around 1A is the maximum charging current drawn, and the extra 1A is there for if it is in use while charging, otherwise it wouldn't charge at all if you were.

Mine is a 32gb WiFi only, I'm using Asus 2A charger, and Asus USB cable which does feel like a heavier gauge cable than some generic cables, feels quite a bit more rigid. Someone did some testing with a multimeter, and different cables did affect the mA charge rate.

Search for the testing thread, it was quite thoroughly done. Different chargers, cables, and checked properly with a multimeter. But yeah, I get 8 or 9 hours of screen time with very heavy use, and I'm perfectly happy with the charge time. And stand by it loses 1 sometimes 2% overnight with WiFi just left on :)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

double that charging time for me. 5-6hrs.

My Razr Maxx on the Asus charger draws 1.5A. N7 is about .9A draw.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD

xfrancis14

Sep 6, 2012

I get that too, think it's a hardware problem?

akarol

Jun 16, 2010
Orlando

Funny thing is, I noticed that when charging through the official dock, it charges at least twice as fast. I've experienced these charge times both on PA and stock.

Sent from my amazing Nexus 7.

AssailantLF@gmail.com

Dec 25, 2010
I attempted to run the new 4.2.2 version earlier tonight, factory wiped, flashed, and I used the latest franco kernel from today. It ran completely fine, very quick boot and starting speeds thanks to franco. Except the most important part of the update, the bluetooth, was completely broken. It just wouldn't toggle on, so I couldn't connect anything.

I had to wipe again and reflash smoothrom, since I was just checking it out momentarily while my apps were still bare. This rom is easily the most popular, personalizing, versatile thing out there, but I'll wait until 4.2.2 is more solid or maybe even 5.0 or whatever comes next. SmoothROM is easily 2nd best anyway :p

xfrancis14

Sep 6, 2012

I attempted to run the new 4.2.2 version earlier tonight, factory wiped, flashed, and I used the latest franco kernel from today. It ran completely fine, very quick boot and starting speeds thanks to franco. Except the most important part of the update, the bluetooth, was completely broken. It just wouldn't toggle on, so I couldn't connect anything.

I had to wipe again and reflash smoothrom, since I was just checking it out momentarily while my apps were still bare. This rom is easily the most popular, personalizing, versatile thing out there, but I'll wait until 4.2.2 is more solid or maybe even 5.0 or whatever comes next. SmoothROM is easily 2nd best anyway :p

Are you serious?.. If you looked like a couple pages back you would've found the fix for bluetooth which was a simple file flash or file replacement with a root file explorer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

kernel source

FEATURES for 3.0+,

• Hybrid engine,
      Per app Layout, this will let you choose the UI of any app, that means you can switch apps into their tablet layouts
      Per app Size, scale apps individually, this is especially important if you use tablet apps, go as small or big as you like
      Per app Color, this lets you select statusbar and navbar colors for apps individually, colors will shift when you jump from one app to another
      Hybrid engine makes it possible to use any tablet ready app available on your phone, start with your regular Google apps and see what treasures lie hidden in them and just how well they work on your device.
      You can use hybrid engine to use all available general interface UI's aswell: Phone, Phablet, Tablet. This is safe as milk, we don't change DPI, we don't trash your market, we don't shrink all your apps or force them into layouts, you don't need to edit system files for that.
      Transparent bars and color pickers, new SystemUI drawables thanks to giannisgx89
      Theming Engine
      Statusbar Settings, Lockscreen Settings
      Multiuser support
      Quicksettings -> Quicktoggles
      4.2 Walls and sounds, Google stock apps
      As we merge back our old CMPA feature catalogue this list will grow considerably over the coming weeks
      New holo-styled theme chooser
      T9 dialer
      New papreferences app

DONATIONS,
    to molesarecoming
    to D4rKn3sSyS
    to jaybob413
    to aaronpoweruser

PARANOIDANDROID 2.16 | Only Rom on Android capable of Hybrid mode | Click and see

Just in case...

aospa_gray_0ctriy.png

shots_12pk0x.png

BE WARNED, 4.2.0 is not the most bugless android, the issues are known.

INSTRUCTIONS,
    1. UPDATE RECOVERY
    2. FACTORY RESET
    3. INSTALL ROM, GAPPS, FIX-IF ANY
    4. WIPE CACHE & DALVIK CACHE
    5. REBOOT
    PA 2.99+ UPDATES DO NOT NEED A FACTORY RESET,
    BUT YOU NEED TO INSTALL GAPPS ASWELL.

Changelogs are on the paranoid andorid google+ page

Know bugs:
    graphical glitch when using pie

CREDITS,
    AOSP/Google, Cyanogenmod, Goo, XDA, Krebsmilk, giannisgx89, AOKP, our users, supporters and donators, everyone who's helped us in the past, heartfelt thanks to all of you!

LINKS,
    Github: www.github.com/paranoidandroid
    Gerrit: review.paranoid-rom.com

BANNERS,

aospa_green_01xq18.png

aospa_green_146qv9.png

aospa_yellow_0h0rxo.png

aospa_yellow_1ukoes.png

aospa_cyan_05kpwq.png

aospa_cyan_1bxo8t.png

aospa_gray_0ctriy.png

aospa_gray_1kwp32.png

State of Paranoia 11/14/12

We have forked all the required repos, for a aosp based pa and are hard at work on getting pa 3.0 ready. I have a grouper repo set up and building! We are still a ways away from giving you the goodness you love, but we do have the following.

Multi-user support on phones!!!
    begings of a pa exclusive feature!!!!
    Power menu options.
    Hybrid rewrite-planed for this weekend.

Stay Paranoid,
    aaronpoweruser