[KERNEL][ARC/ARC S] DooMKernel {ICS} [Rel:v5][Dt:18/MAY][FW:ICSBeta/.562(LEAK)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

hootnath

Sep 2, 2011
Frisco
Hi DOOM 1 week testing, my arc S with the governor's smartass v2 and very unstable (even at a frequency of 1.4 GHz). With Ondemand and Interactive X Ok everything up to a frequency of 1.9 GHz
At 2.0 Ghz crash.
No problem with wifi and Bluetooth, good battery management with Mooded rom v30.

Overall Great Work DOOM, but we are still on the first release and is still young, Thanks Doom.

I'm doing tests Undervolt and, with these settings, I have no problems, I can probably still get a little something:
134400 - 750
184320 - 775
192000 - 800
249600 - 800
364800 - 800
460800 - 850
576000 - 875
852800 - 900
768000 - 925
806400 - 950
921600 - 975
1017600 - 1000
1113600 - 1025
1209600 - 1050
1305600 - 1075
1401600 - 1100
1516800 - 1150
1612800 - 1200
1804800 - 1400 (original setting)
1900800 - 1450 (original setting)
2016000 - 1500 (original setting)

whats the temperature where you are? resistance n current flow also depends on the temperature, i am going to still try these settings now that i've found out why my android was crashing n have doomkernel back on.

update: ok, i tried your settings and it crashed. what governor are you using?

Last edited:

DooMLoRD

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2010
Pune

johnbarleycorn

Jan 2, 2012
Sassari
whats the temperature where you are? resistance n current flow also depends on the temperature, i am going to still try these settings now that i've found out why my android was crashing n have doomkernel back on.

update: ok, i tried your settings and it crashed. what governor are you using?

I have not checked the temperatures, but not hot to touch.
The only governor stable (in my arc s) is Ondemand it's crashing a lot less than others, while smartassV2 is the most unstable of all.

spida_singh

Mar 3, 2011
What programs are you guys using to set your i/o, CPU and governor?

I used to use Setxperia, but had issues setting certain governors, i moved to CPU control light, and was able to successfully set CPU governor to smartassV2.

But CPU control light doesn't let me under volt, even though the kernel allows it, just need a good app which lets me set i/o schedule, cpu voltage at boot.

Currently on SmartassV2 at 1.4 GHZ using noop, no UV, and everything is perfect.

tb205gti

Mar 10, 2012
When you say you're facing some wifi and BT issues - does that mean the wifi will never "sleep" ?

I'm using your modules v4 and your v4 kernel. But it seems the wifi is always on, even when the phone is "sleeping"

Crocodile1973

Jan 7, 2011
Love doom's work from x10 to arc. But miss the Sony logo on boot. Can anyone pm a kernel modified with original logo. Seen the unpack tools. But has anyone already done it? 2ghz version.

Sent from my LT18i using xda premium

cined

Jul 25, 2011
I'm after some help please. I want to install a custom ICS ROM. I've just unlocked my bootloader and now I want to flash this kernal.

Do I need to install some stock ICS Firmware before I flash this kernal? Because I can't seem to find stock ICS firmware for the arc s.

Thanks

Crocodile1973

Jan 7, 2011
I'm after some help please. I want to install a custom ICS ROM. I've just unlocked my bootloader and now I want to flash this kernal.

Do I need to install some stock ICS Firmware before I flash this kernal? Because I can't seem to find stock ICS firmware for the arc s.

Thanks

No. Just use fastboot to flash this kernel, then go into recovery and flash your Rom. If you already have one best backup then wipe before flashing.

Sent from my LT18i using xda premium

ascariz

Jul 31, 2008
how to disable auto mount as media storage in this kernel? the deep sleep not so good. 30% load at minimum cpu. advance stock ics kernel has better load than this, 3-7% at minimum.

manishabanzadeh

Aug 30, 2010
Rasht
I flashed doomkernel V04 for ICS with modules for wifi...I was going to flash FXP115 CM 9.0 so flashed the kernel included in zip file.but the screen was black after turning on the phone,nothing happened,so I flashed doomkernel again & everything is ok.what is the point?

DooMLoRD

Jul 27, 2010
Pune
I flashed doomkernel V04 for ICS with modules for wifi...I was going to flash FXP115 CM 9.0 so flashed the kernel included in zip file.but the screen was black after turning on the phone,nothing happened,so I flashed doomkernel again & everything is ok.what is the point?

CM and stock kernels are different... u should not mix the two...

Reactions: manishabanzadeh

TheGreatSega

Nov 12, 2011
Bangalore
new kernel

@doom..
since sony released their kernel sources for xperia s will we get a .35 kernel for the arc s ?
and what are the new features in the kernel and the the 3.0 kernel??

DooMLoRD

Jul 27, 2010
Pune
@doom..
since sony released their kernel sources for xperia s will we get a .35 kernel for the arc s ?
and what are the new features in the kernel and the the 3.0 kernel??

well i tried patching the 3.0 kernel to work on ARC but ran into numerous issues and later got very busy with personal work... lets see if i get time later i will try again...

sebasgl1

Aug 31, 2011
hi doomlord, i have some questions because this is my first try trying to put a kernel and a custom rom. i need to put this before or after i flash ics rom, and i can flash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    -----[ UPDATE ]-----

DooMKernel v05 released! changelog here

-----[ UPDATE ]-----

[ intro ]

hello guys! here is the FIRST custom kernel for SE/Sony ICS Beta!

arc-ics-beta-dk-test-5.png

incase u need to go back to stock kernel, i suggest u try my Advanced Stock Kernel for ICS-Beta...

[ special thanks to ]

Thank you guys for ur help! this would not have been possible without ur help!

[ disclaimer ]

OVERCLOCKING CAN BE DANGEROUS! U RISK THE HARDWARE GETTING DAMAGED!
    PROCEED WITH CAUTION! U HAVE BEEN WARNED!

I AM NOT TO BE HELD RESPONSIBLE IF U DAMAGE UR PHONE / SPILL UR COFFEE / MISS UR ALARMS / ANY OTHER CALAMITY/MISHAP

[ WARNING ]

"Partition SDCard" option in CWM5 WILL WIPE UR SDCARD!!!

[ features ]

• [v05 onwards] added AROMA File Manager directly into the kernel (ramdisk)!! so u can have access to file manager operations RIGHT INSIDE RECOVERY!!!! (more information on how to access this is here)
    • [v05 onwards] updated ramdisk scripts to correct superuser permission and to properly install busybox (1.18.4 full) in /system/xbin/
    • [v05 onwards] updated to patched ZRAM (thanks to faux123) [details on how to use it, here is a recovery flashable update.zip to enable it]
    • [v05 onwards] added Fugeswap to lowmemorykiller (thanks to LeeDroid-)
    • [v05 onwards] bootup CPU frequency fix-up now at kernel level so no more need for having two separate versions of same kernels (1.6 GHz and 2.0 GHz), both are now merged into one :D
    • [v04 onwards] updated to latest 4.1.C.0.7 sources
      • some changes to adreno drivers (this fixes the graphics glitches)
      • updated ondemand governor
      • etc...
    • [v04 onwards] decreased the vibration at bootup to shorter time (200ms)
    • [v04 onwards] updated autorooting script to give correct permissions to su binary (06755)
    • [v04 onwards] updated ramdisk to correct busybox links if found in /system/xbin/
    • [v03 onwards] 2.0Ghz & 1.6Ghz versions
    • [v03 onwards] 0% battery patch inbuilt
    • [v03 onwards] zram (one of this is causing increased battery drain on PLAY)
    • [v03 onwards] cleancache (one of this is causing increased battery drain on PLAY)
    • [v03 onwards] my modified cpufreq driver (better battery life)
    • [v03 onwards] disabled NFS/CIFS (better battery life)
    • [v02 onwards] incorporated small fix so that on ARC S the device will boot at 1.4Ghz as max bootup speed
    • [v02 onwards] added new notification for Recovery entry: device will vibrate (for 3 seconds) when its waiting for users to press recovery entry key (BACK button)
    • [v02 onwards] updated recovery with CWM5.5 graphics
    • [v02 onwards] using 4.1.C.0.6 (ICS-Alpha) SEMC sources
    • [v02 onwards] fixed TouchScreen drivers to support ICS
    • [v02 onwards] fixed USB mounting issues in ROM (thanks to FXP-ics kernel sources)
    • [v02 onwards] changed kernel version string to "-DooMKernel"
    • [v02 onwards] most (kernel specific) modules integrated right inside ramdisk [no need to separately flash them]
    • [v02 onwards] added new Max frequency: :eek: 1.6Ghz :eek:
    • [v02 onwards] added lots of intermediate frequencies (from 122Mhz to 1.6Ghz for almost every 100/120Mhz there is a select-able frequency)
    • [v02 onwards] added fully working two way call recording
    • [v02 onwards] added CPU governors:
      • BrazilianWax
      • Smoothass
      • Lagfree
      • InteractiveX
      • Savaged-Zen
      • SmartAssV2
      • Smartass
      • Scary
      • MinMax
      • Interactive
    • [v02 onwards] added I/O Schedulers:
      • V(R)
      • BFQ v2-r1
      • Simple I/O (sio)
    • [v02 onwards] enabled a few I/O Schedulers
      • noop
      • Anticipatory
      • Deadline (default)
      • CFQ
    • [v02 onwards] added SLQB memory allocator (and set it as default)
    • [v02 onwards] added TinyRCU along with fixes (and set it as default)
    • [v02 onwards] bumped BFQ to v2-r1
    • [v02 onwards] added Stochastic Fair Blue Net scheduler
    • [v02 onwards] bumped jHASH to v3
    • [v02 onwards] increased VM max readahead to 512kb
    • [v03 onwards] some patches to fix kernel memory leaks
    • [v02 onwards] minor fix to display the kernel version info correctly in "About Phone"
    • [v02 onwards] added some mounting tweaks
    • [v02 onwards] major cleaning of kernel sources (cleaned defconfigs using FXP defconfigs as reference)
    • [v02 onwards] TESTING: reverted some changes in kernel sources to older FW kernel sources to test if the issue of increased battery drain is resolved
    • [v02 onwards] compiled using newest gcc-4.6.2-(2011.10) linaro toolchain with O4 optimizations
    • [v02 onwards] using 4.0.2.A.0.42 kernel sources
    • [v02 onwards] added FULL USB-OTG support! [Keyboard + Mouse + USB-Storage] (no need to use any modules anymore :) ) [for exact usb-storage mounting commands refer to this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1224676] [UNTESTED]
    • [v02 onwards] enabled NLS_UTF8
    • [v02 onwards] added user-level/runtime CPU voltage control with fixes to show only those frequencies which are enabled in CPU-freq table [VDD control "sysfs interface"] (for more info keep checking this post: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=16610299&postcount=362)
    • [v02 onwards] enabled SWAP support
    • [v02 onwards] enabled CDROM filesystem support in kernel (now u can mount ISO files)
    • [v02 onwards] enabled ARM THUMBEE extensions
    • [v02 onwards] init.d scripts/binaries execution support
    • [v02 onwards] enabled support (in kernel) for many file systems
      • EXT2
      • EXT3
      • EXT4
      • NTFS (Read & Write)
    • [v02 onwards] enabled NFS (client & server) support in kernel
    • [v02 onwards] enabled CIFS support in kernel
    • [v02 onwards] enabled access to kernel .config (can be pulled from /proc/config.gz)
    • [v02 onwards] enabled TUN/TAP driver support (integrated in kernel) [VPN support]
    • [v02 onwards] enabled IPTABLES/NETFILTER support
    • [v02 onwards] for sake of safe booting the device will always boot at min 245Mhz / max 1024Mhz
    • [v02 onwards] autorooting (with latest Superuser binaries and app 3.0.7)
    • [v02 onwards] added support for userinit scripts:
      • if sd-ext is mounted then it will execute /sd-ext/userinit.sh & shell scripts in /sd-ext/userinit.d/ folder
      • also scripts in /data/local/ will be executed... it will execute /data/local/userinit.sh & shell scripts in /data/local/userinit.d/ folder
    • [v02 onwards] init.d (/system/etc/init.d/) script execution support
    • [v02 onwards] insecure ramdisk (ro.secure=0 & FS mounted as RW)
    • [v02 onwards] included my own version of CWM5.0.2.7 recovery

[ credits for features ]

for more info visit my ARC kernel thread

[ requirements ]

• stock SE ICS Beta FW* (i havent tested on other ROMs so i cannot guarantee that it will work on them!) OR leaked ICS 4.1.A.0.562 FW)
    • bootloader unlocked
    • working fastboot

[ how to install this kernel ]

1. download the boot.img & modules update.zip
    2. save the boot.img in the folder with fastboot binaries (fastboot.exe files)
    3. save the modules update.zip to sdcard (on phone)
    4. power down device
    5. start device in fastboot mode
    6. use the following command to flash the boot.img
      Code:
      fastboot flash boot boot.img
    7. reboot phone and enter recovery
    8. flash the wifi modules update.zip for my kernel
    9. reboot phone and enjoy the kernel ;)

[ how to enter recovery ]

1. entry key is the BACK button
    2. there are multiple notifications to tell u when to press the entry key:
      • LED will light up to BLUE
      • Key backlight will start glowing
      • the phone will vibrate when its waiting for keypress
    3. thats it you should now enter my custom recovery

[ how to use/navigate in recovery ]

• BACK button to GO BACK
    • MENU button to SELECT
    • VOLUME UP button to GO UP
    • VOLUME DOWN button to GO DOWN

FOR OVERCLOCKING
    1. start SetCPU/NoFrills CPU Control app on ur Arc (or any other app which supports overclocking) (u may get a popup asking for SuperUser permissions, click ok/yes/allow)
    2. now slowly increase the MAX slider to the right (one notch at a time) to increase the maximum frequency limit
    3. DO NOT JUMP TO THE LAST POSSIBLE FREQUENCY
    4. SLOWLY increase the frequency one notch at a time and do stability/testing for few hours

[ donations ]

if u feel that this work has helped u OR u think that the work i put into making this is worthy of donations, then click on the following link for buying me some coffee/beer/etc ;)

PAYPAL DONATION LINK

[ sources ]

https://github.com/DooMLoRD/Xperia-2011-Kernel-2.6.32.9/tree/ics

If you use any of my sources/patches kindly send me a p.m. on XDA letting me know that you are using them, also credit me in ur kernel thread/OP and link back to this thread!

[ download links ]

< NEW >

v05:

[ARC/ARC S] DooMKernel ICS BETA v05
    MD5HASH: fc3c9f1914abe21a82a67065726b8e90

Wifi Modules for v05 kernel
    MD5HASH: 9a5c91993770d57375dd90b23479976c

< OLD >

v04:

[ARC/ARC S] DooMKernel ICS BETA v04 [2.0Ghz version only]
    MD5HASH: af3089fc440fbb4822610eb49239573c

[ARC/ARC S] DooMKernel ICS BETA v04 [1.6Ghz version only] (will show up as #1004)
    MD5HASH: 574aa2a873841ae487bcc3c578c2aec9

Wifi Modules for v04 kernel
    MD5HASH: c55cb0996228bd8647d6d1f46b6c9d99

v03:

[ARC/ARC S] DooMKernel ICS BETA v03 [2.0Ghz version only]
    MD5HASH: b816ab5bcaa7073b15173db9290a2bec

[ARC/ARC S] DooMKernel ICS BETA v03 [1.6Ghz version only] (will show up as #1003)
    MD5HASH: 873547e8c2d557dfa0fba4f8d0c08f89

Wifi Modules for v02 onwards kernel
    MD5HASH: b8e955721380ac39a574031642aa5df8

Wifi Modules for stock kernel
    MD5HASH: 828e1d2807946c8ed5cb6424da2c7727

v02:

[ARC/ARC S] DooMKernel ICS BETA v02 [1.6Ghz version only]
    MD5HASH: b86d6701d601b4909aa57e1be9127cb7

[ DooMKernel Signature banners!!! ]

If you like to use my kernels and u want to show the world that u use it/love it ;), then you can add this banner to you signature!!!

doomkernel-sig.png

Just copy the following code and paste it in you USER CP under "Edit Signature":
    HTML:
    [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1520654"][IMG]http://icxperia.com/doomlord/doomkernel-sig.png[/IMG][/URL]

[ for modders/themers/others ]

hey guys here i am attaching a template update.zip which has been tested to work on the recovery provided here... u can add ur stuff to that file and edit the updater-script so that the u can flash ur files via this recovery...
    basically it contains the correct combination of update-binary & mounting syntax...

this file is NOT required for normal/general users

TEMPLATE UPDATE.ZIP (v1)

icon8.gif

cheers!
    hi friends just wanted to let u guys know that i am still workign on the kernel... i ran into some technical issues as i no longer have access to my development desktop and most of the development work is now shifted to an independent hard-disk for the laptop... but things seem to be sorted out now, so hopefully i can get the dev env setup and running...

regards,

DooMLoRD
    if u guys dont stop spamming i will be forced to close/lock down the thread...

as i told u before, i am very busy with my studies. as an when i get time i will work on the kernel. i hope u appreciate that when i was relatively free, few months back, i could easily update kernels/recoveries almost on a weekly basis. but due to my current hectic workload i am unable to get time for android development.

i have not forgotten about you guys; but sometimes preference has to be given to studies over hobbies :(

regards,

DooMLoRD

and now i am locking down the thread.

if there is an update/new kernel release thread will be re-opened.

regards,

DoooMLoRD
    Yup :)
    Eagerly waiting for your update :)

yap the latest official FW
    this is getting interesting :D
    my F5 is going to blow up this afternoon:D

relax guys... i have just started downloading the files...

will take some time to get all the files...

i will try and start work on merging the sources after a few hours... once sources are merged i will do some preliminary testing on my ARC and the upload the kernel for everyone...
    DooMKernel v05 released!

DooMKernel v05 released!

[ changelog ]

• added AROMA File Manager directly into the kernel (ramdisk)!! so u can have access to file manager operations RIGHT INSIDE RECOVERY!!!! (more information on how to access this is here)
    • updated ramdisk scripts to correct superuser permission and to properly install busybox (1.18.4 full) in /system/xbin/
    • updated to patched ZRAM (thanks to faux123) [details on how to use it, here is a recovery flashable update.zip to enable it]
    • added Fugeswap to lowmemorykiller (thanks to LeeDroid-)
    • bootup CPU frequency fix-up now at kernel level so no more need for having two separate versions of same kernels (1.6 GHz and 2.0 GHz), both are now merged into one :D

download links at first post!!!

please test out and let me know feedback!

icon8.gif

enjoy!!