looking for the LONGEST windsheild mount out there

Search This thread

tomer1981

Dec 14, 2011
hey guys. i have a chevy cavalier, and the windshield is quite far from the dashboard at it's lowest part. i saw endless mounts, but they were all short and in order to use them you'd need to lean forward.
i currently use a charger mount, but it's crappy - won't hold horizontally (the charger in my chevy is behind the steering wheel).
don't like the mounts that "stick" to the dashboard.
tried the mounts that stick on the vents - crappy as well.
any suggestions?

tomer1981

Dec 14, 2011
thanx mate !! i'll look into that arkon grip... it's a well made product so i think it can withstand rough roads...

tomer1981

Dec 14, 2011
Nice to know... Will definitely try that.
Thanks.

Sent from my Sensation using XDA

Tangent_

Apr 20, 2010
You might also want to consider a different mounting position. I have mine mounted just to the left of my rearview mirror at the top of the top of the windshield. Up there it's nicely in my line of sight without being in the way. My car has a few powered items up there and some space behind a removable panel so I just modified the cigarette lighter adapter to tap directly into a switched power source up there and tucked it out of the way. The location works great for me and only about 2 inches worth of the charging cable are even visible so it's a clean looking installation.

Reactions: tomer1981

tomer1981

Dec 14, 2011
You might also want to consider a different mounting position. I have mine mounted just to the left of my rearview mirror at the top of the top of the windshield. Up there it's nicely in my line of sight without being in the way. My car has a few powered items up there and some space behind a removable panel so I just modified the cigarette lighter adapter to tap directly into a switched power source up there and tucked it out of the way. The location works great for me and only about 2 inches worth of the charging cable are even visible so it's a clean looking installation.

that would be great but i have a car charger which is connected most of the time i'm in my car. don't want a cable hanging in my line of sight...
but - i've checked some mounts which hang on the vent, and a few of them have the option to tilt the mount left-right so that could be cool also...

Tangent_

Apr 20, 2010
Whoops, forgot to look into this thread again... If you don't have an option for tapping power up near the rear view mirror, you can always buy a longer micro USB cable and run it behind your dash and then under your A pillar and the front of the headliner. That's where the mic cable for my radio's bluetooth is run. I recently adjusted how my mount it oriented on the windshield and I can only see about 1 inch worth of cable even visible, and that's between the mount and the headliner. I'll try to remember to take a pic today...

Tangent_

Apr 20, 2010
imag07491.jpg

Reactions: tomer1981

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You have to be careful and not to have it too long because when driving, bumps will lower the arm because gravity dictates it so :p.

But Arkon sells a 8" inch one
    http://www.arkon.com/mobile-grip/mobile-grip-flexible-car-mount.html

Have you tried mounting the mount to your dash with the assistance of a sticky dash pad or dash disk?