★ [Rom][N900VVRUBMJE][4.3] Stock Root Deodex [12/23/13]★

Search This thread

BeansTown106

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 22, 2011
BeanTown USA
This is a Stock Root Flashable Version Of the newest JellyBean 4.3 N900VVRUBMJE

Requirements: This Build is Compatible with both the Developer Edition and Retail Verizon Note 3

We Got an OTA Yay!!!

Features:
Rooted
insecure boot.img(for DevEditions)
BusyBox
Zipaligned
Deodexed/Odex
Init.d support
Bash
Sqlite3
Nano
adb as root(for DevEditions)
Removed Knox Apks
SysRW/SysRO

DeOdex Download: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23269279319198553

md5: e23eb50cf24d16c5acf228ea91ade0c8

Disclaimer: no apks have been edited this is a full stock rom that you would expect to get from verizon minus the knox crap i removed, If You use this as a Base For your rom please give credit where it is due, other than that feel free to use this as u see fit. thanks guys

Thanks to:
Hashcode- for Safestrap For Retail Note 3's
Scrosler - for being himself lol
Dsixda - for the kitchen used to deodex
ChainFire - for superSU
KingoApp- for the MJE root method

Last edited:

BeansTown106

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 22, 2011
BeanTown USA
Retail: if you are on a retail note3 it is highly recomended to flash the MJE tar then root/install safestrap then install this (that way u have the most current firmware as the kernel and modem changed alot)

Dev Editions: i will have a flashable firmware package up soon

Last edited:

mjh68

Apr 20, 2010
That was quick ! Thank you Beans

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Frank Westlake

Nov 13, 2013
Retail: if you are on a retail note3 it is highly recomended to flash the mj7 tar then take the ota and root/install safestrap then install this (that way u have the most current firmware as the kernel and modem changed alot)
I don't have phone service and I don't get over-the-air updates so I'm still on MI9 de la Vega. Can I use B4.3?

Frank

SGH-I717(AoCP6.4)/SM-N900V(MI9-dlV)/XDA Premium

Gunthermic

Retired Forum Moderator
Mar 19, 2011
Retail: if you are on a retail note3 it is highly recomended to flash the mj7 tar then take the ota and root/install safestrap then install this (that way u have the most current firmware as the kernel and modem changed alot)

Dev Editions: i will have a flashable firmware package when we can pull the MJE tar from kies/update assistant on a retail. however this works fine with our current modems because we can update kernels retails cannot unless they take ota

If we already on MJ7, just take update and re-root, install safestrap.. then we can flash this if need be?

suzook

Jan 25, 2010
So I can flash thks in one slot...then reboot in other slot and keep the new modem??

Diceroll

Sep 15, 2013
Is the only way to update the kernal on the retail edition to take the OTA?

Hit thanks if I helped you out.
Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 running Jelly Beans
Previous Devices: S4, Note 2, Droid Charge, Fascinate

Posted by a Indirect Verizon Rep that actually knows what your talking about.

johnminator

Aug 30, 2012
Just asking is this the new ota update we are talking about and if so since im rooted with mj7 safestraped should i unistall safestrap an take the update?

hctimin

Jan 13, 2011
Correct, modems are in place for all partitions so updating it will apply to all slots
Hey Dutch,

So just to make sure that I understand this response correctly, if I back up my current stock slot [Running B4 in Stock slot], flash this ROM over it, then restore the backup I just made, would I pretty much be all set with the JE update?

Thanks!

DutchDogg54

Retired Forum Moderator
Aug 16, 2011
Des Moines, IA
Hey Dutch,

So just to make sure that I understand this response correctly, if I back up my current stock slot [Running B4 in Stock slot], flash this ROM over it, then restore the backup I just made, would I pretty much be all set with the JE update?

Thanks!

Flashing via safestrap only updates the framework to the latest build so I believe you'd still have the old kernel and modem. As far as I know, (correct me if I'm wrong @beanstown106), since our bootloader is locked we have to use Odin to flash modems & kernels.

hctimin

Jan 13, 2011
Flashing via safestrap only updates the framework to the latest build so I believe you'd still have the old kernel and modem. As far as I know, (correct me if I'm wrong @beanstown106), since our bootloader is locked we have to use Odin to flash modems & kernels.
Gah,...that's a bummer.

I'm looking at how to unroot and was worried I'd softbrick the phone or something if I flashed an older/incompatible firmware

I made a backup of my original stock TW installation, but when I hit the Update button in About Phone, my Settings app just force closes and stops responding.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a Stock Root Flashable Version Of the newest JellyBean 4.3 N900VVRUBMJE

Requirements: This Build is Compatible with both the Developer Edition and Retail Verizon Note 3

We Got an OTA Yay!!!

Features:
    Rooted
    insecure boot.img(for DevEditions)
    BusyBox
    Zipaligned
    Deodexed/Odex
    Init.d support
    Bash
    Sqlite3
    Nano
    adb as root(for DevEditions)
    Removed Knox Apks
    SysRW/SysRO

DeOdex Download: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23269279319198553

md5: e23eb50cf24d16c5acf228ea91ade0c8

Disclaimer: no apks have been edited this is a full stock rom that you would expect to get from verizon minus the knox crap i removed, If You use this as a Base For your rom please give credit where it is due, other than that feel free to use this as u see fit. thanks guys

Thanks to:
    Hashcode- for Safestrap For Retail Note 3's
    Scrosler - for being himself lol
    Dsixda - for the kitchen used to deodex
    ChainFire - for superSU
    KingoApp- for the MJE root method
    Retail: if you are on a retail note3 it is highly recomended to flash the MJE tar then root/install safestrap then install this (that way u have the most current firmware as the kernel and modem changed alot)

Dev Editions: i will have a flashable firmware package up soon
    updated deodex fixs camcorder not recording issues and maybe some other minor issues
    Reserved Just incase