[Guide]Root & CWM installation guide on Xolo A500s and IPS models

Search This thread

PrimeNexes

Feb 4, 2013
Mumbai
www.planet-nexes.tk
There are guides related to Rooting and CWM installation but are incomplete (For me atleast I Was unable to install CWM of my A500s IPS)
FOR BOTH XOLO A500S & XOLO A500S IPS MODELS
So here it is :

Rooting
1)Download Framaroot : Link
2)Install the .apk
3)Choose Install SuperSU
4)Then choose Boromir.It Will Display A Root Confirmation Message, Click On "OK" And Then "REBOOT" Your Device.
5)After Reboot You Will Find SuperSu Application In The App Drawer.

Installing CWM
1)Download MTKDroid Tool (V 2.5)Link
2)Download the Cygwin .dll files : Link
3)Driver Install
3a)For all the types of Pc's (X86,X64,etc)[Recommened]
--> Download Snappea : Link
-->Install it,connect your phone,the program will install the drivers of your phone. You can Uninstall the program.
3b)Except x64 PC's
Go to http://androidxda.com/download-xolo-usb-drivers ,Download and install your Driver
4)Extract the MTKDroid tool,Extract the Cywin .dll files (cyggcc_s-1.dll & cygwin1.dll ) and replace both the file in /MTKDroidtools/files
5)Open MTKdroidTools.exe ,Click on Root at the bottom right corner , On phone you will see permission request pop-up ,Click on Yes.
6)On MTKDroidTools,click on the "root,backup,recovery" tab,click on "Backup" option and your stock ROM will be backed up.
7)Now click on "To choose the boot.img file" radio button and click on "Recovery and Boot"
8)Now choose the boot.img you backed up,Click on every "ok'" that pops-up,Now your phone will restart to CWM Recovery
9)Done ! Now you have installed CWM :D

Need A Custom ROM for your Xolo A500s/A500s IPS ? Go here !

Credits

* rua1 - Mtkdroidtool : Post LINK
* alephzain - Frameroot : Post LINK

Hit thanks for alephzain and rua1 on the above link If this post helped you :D

Last edited:

nightwalker

Mar 23, 2013
Uttar Pradesh>Meerut
There are guides related to Rooting and CWM installation but are incomplete (For me atleast I Was unable to install CWM of my A500s IPS)
So here it is :

Rooting
2)Install the .apk
3)Choose Install SuperSU
4)Then choose Boromir.It Will Display A Root Confirmation Message, Click On "OK" And Then "REBOOT" Your Device.

Installing CWM
1)Download MTKDroid Tool (V 2.5): Link
3)Driver Install
-->Install it,connect your phone,the program will install the drivers of your phone. You can Uninstall the program.
3b)Except x64 PC's
Go to http://androidxda.com/download-xolo-usb-drivers ,Download and install your Driver
4)Extract the MTKDroid tool,Extract the Cywin .dll files (cyggcc_s-1.dll & cygwin1.dll ) and replace both the file in /MTKDroidtools/files
5)Open MTKdroidTools.exe ,Click on Root at the bottom right corner , On phone you will see permission request pop-up ,Click on Yes.
6)On MTKDroidTools,click on the "root,backup,recovery" tab,click on "Backup" option and your stock ROM will be backed up.
7)Now click on "To choose the boot.img file" radio button and click on "Recovery and Boot"
8)Now choose the boot.img you backed up,Click on every "ok'" that pops-up,Now your phone will restart to CWM Recovery
Keep up the good work bro

Reactions: PrimeNexes

ssatbir90

Dec 24, 2013
New Delhi
Bricked my A500s IPS

Hey PrimeNexes,
I was trying to add Stock ROM of A500s from "androidxda.com /download-xolo-stock-rom-model" (Sorry, cant add proper links as im new member) but It didnt work.. and now my phone is bricked, cant even get to the recovery mode..
pls help!!

sanjeevy94

Dec 29, 2011
Jodhpur
Thanks

So here it is :

Rooting
2)Install the .apk
3)Choose Install SuperSU

Installing CWM
3)Driver Install
3b)Except x64 PC's

Thanks dude , it helps a lot .
Link for MTK driod tools not working . Please check taht

viraaj

Apr 26, 2012
Mumbai
What method should we use for flashing CWM Recovery on A500s IPS version, since you've mentioned IPS version doesn't flash the recovery of A500s version? @PrimeNexes

oktada

Oct 18, 2013
New Delhi
Bricked at CWM xolo a500s ips

Hi Dear,
I bricked my XOLO a500s IPS,
i had done rooting via frameroot
i use MtkDroidTools for recovery
then after installing custom Rom (tIctActOe v2.5) found on XDA Developers
i was stuck on XOLO boot logo... i waited , waited and waited long but nothing happens
then i turned back to Stock Rom using SP_Tools nothing happened.stilll was on same stage stuck at logo.
then i met guy on XOLO a500s IPS page
he gave me scattr file & recovery file.
and advise me to mix some and flash the phone using sp_tools
i done same...
now after power on xolo logo has gone n having white screen only.
can you please HELP.
Thanks

PrimeNexes

Feb 4, 2013
Mumbai
www.planet-nexes.tk
Hi Dear,
I bricked my XOLO a500s IPS,
i had done rooting via frameroot
i use MtkDroidTools for recovery
then after installing custom Rom (tIctActOe v2.5) found on XDA Developers
i was stuck on XOLO boot logo... i waited , waited and waited long but nothing happens
then i turned back to Stock Rom using SP_Tools nothing happened.stilll was on same stage stuck at logo.
then i met guy on XOLO a500s IPS page
he gave me scattr file & recovery file.
and advise me to mix some and flash the phone using sp_tools
i done same...
now after power on xolo logo has gone n having white screen only.
can you please HELP.
Thanks

You should have just opened CWM after installing the custom ROM and install the nandroid backup you made before installing ANY ROM and you got stuck at XOLO logo as the ROM is not for IPS model.
My advice:
1) Flash the Stock ROM by SP_Tools
2) Try to open the CWM if you can,did you backup when you used the MTKDroid tool.

drstocky

Dec 30, 2012
Help Please!!

I installed cwm for my Xolo A500s via mobile uncle tools. But when i reboot into recovery, its just says now command with a dead android logo. My cellphone is working fine but i am afraid it might get bricked if i again try to do it though the method you have mentioned. I dont even have a backup. Please suggest what should i do.:confused:

PrimeNexes

Feb 4, 2013
Mumbai
www.planet-nexes.tk
I installed cwm for my Xolo A500s via mobile uncle tools. But when i reboot into recovery, its just says now command with a dead android logo. My cellphone is working fine but i am afraid it might get bricked if i again try to do it though the method you have mentioned. I dont even have a backup. Please suggest what should i do.:confused:

You don't have CWM installed I think its the default Recovery there.And it won't brick your phone messing with Root files will.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    FOR BOTH XOLO A500S & XOLO A500S IPS MODELS
    So here it is :

Rooting
    2)Install the .apk
    3)Choose Install SuperSU

Installing CWM
    1)Download MTKDroid Tool (V 2.5)Link
    3)Driver Install
    3b)Except x64 PC's

Need A Custom ROM for your Xolo A500s/A500s IPS ? Go here !

Credits

* rua1 - Mtkdroidtool : Post LINK
    * alephzain - Frameroot : Post LINK

Hit thanks for alephzain and rua1 on the above link If this post helped you :D
    So here it is :

Rooting
    2)Install the .apk
    3)Choose Install SuperSU

Installing CWM
    3)Driver Install
    3b)Except x64 PC's
    Keep up the good work bro