[Q] Severe wake up lag

Search This thread

Envy Life

Jan 29, 2014
I've had fairly severe wake up lag on my Note 3 since the beginning, 4-6 seconds is fairly common (6 seconds means it flashes the screen and blanks it out again, going back to sleep, but then I can wake it up again and it responds in 1-2 seconds). I've never seen this on my Galaxy SIII with the same set of apps, but as soon as I got the Note 3, I saw the delay. I've swapped out for a new one (different reason) and see the same behavior.

If it is not common, I'd have to attribute it to an app...but honestly this is a base OS function, no app should be holding the phone in deep sleep. Any ideas would be helpful.

pham818

Dec 4, 2011
Portland
So you no longer use an sd card in your phone? Seems like there should be a better way around than that...

i had a 64gb class 10 sd card i got for 15 dollars. 64 is kinda over kill for me. but yeah i 32 gb is enough for me, i still got like 18gb of free space left lol or something like that.

edit: but apparently the the guy up there said kitkat fixes that.

Envy Life

Jan 29, 2014
I don't got 4-6 secs lag, but I did have 2sec lag, and then took out my SD card and that fixed it for me.

Wow, good call! My first Note 3 had the proximity sensor go bad, and then stopped recognizing my SD card. I figured the phone was just a lemon, so I transferred the SD card into the new phone and it didn't recognize it either so I just left it in. After you said this I removed the SD card and it's vastly improved, so far it's back to the normal 1-2 second lag max (so far).

wudien

Feb 15, 2012
Columbia
I've had fairly severe wake up lag on my Note 3 since the beginning, 4-6 seconds is fairly common (6 seconds means it flashes the screen and blanks it out again, going back to sleep, but then I can wake it up again and it responds in 1-2 seconds). I've never seen this on my Galaxy SIII with the same set of apps, but as soon as I got the Note 3, I saw the delay. I've swapped out for a new one (different reason) and see the same behavior.

If it is not common, I'd have to attribute it to an app...but honestly this is a base OS function, no app should be holding the phone in deep sleep. Any ideas would be helpful.

If you are rooted, i would advise you to use the Vulpix Mod. It works!
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2584013

it has helped me greatly reduce the wake time. though, its been months since i flashed it and i believe the wake time to be gaining again.

theorioles33

Feb 15, 2011
The update to NB4 pretty much eliminated all lag. I can click the lock and wake button all day and it instantly goes on and off since the update.

lyall29

Apr 4, 2011
Arkadelphia, AR
I was running the Crash rom port yesterday and I thought my phone had died. I was receiving an important business call on my work phone and at the same time trying to wake up my Note 3 to see my notes for the call. I was pushing the home button and nothing was happening. I pressed the power button and it woke up. So kitkat did not fix it for me. Now I'm trying Knoxraid rom and am noticing a short wake up delay, I may try taking out the sd card. I'll report back this afternoon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

B

BeastSpencer

im on knoxraid and i havent seen any wake up lag. make sure your sd card is out and s voice wake up commands arent on. those are the main causes from my experience

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I don't got 4-6 secs lag, but I did have 2sec lag, and then took out my SD card and that fixed it for me.