[APP]Rotation Lock Adaptive - Rotate anyway you want

Search This thread

xXFl4sh

Nov 25, 2012
Title says it all you can rotate your screen on your likes.

Adaptive rotation - if you find automatic screen rotation annoying then this app is for you. It will detect the device's orientation and show a transparent button to let you decide whether the screen should be rotated to landscape or portrait
Lock the screen in landscape or portrait - it will lock the screen the way you want even when some apps don't offer certain orientation
Increase productivity - unnecessary rotation will distract you and interrupt your workflow!
Power saving - every screen rotation will involve a lot of computation. By reducing unnecessary rotation the battery will last a bit longer

There are 8 modes which can be chosen in notification bar:
1. Adaptive mode - detect the device's orientation and prompt you whether to rotate the orientation
2. Landscape - force the orientation in landscape
3. Portrait - force the orientation in portrait
4. Reverse Portrait - force the orientation in reverse portrait
5. Reverse Landscape - force the orientation in reverse Landscape
6. Force auto - automatically rotate the screen in all orientation
7. Stock auto - exactly the same as original auto mode
8. Stock portrait - exactly the same as original portrait mode

[FREE]
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ui.robot.rotate&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsInVpLnJvYm90LnJvdGF0ZSJd

[PAID]
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ui.robot.rotatedonate&feature=more_from_developer

bflmpsvz

Jan 26, 2013
Hello I use this app. It has one bug: wanting to customize settings for individual applications but the list loads infinitely.

Sent from LT22i using Tapatalk 2

UpUpAndAway

Apr 8, 2012
I concur. It's annoying that it's slow-loading every time I want to customize per app rotation.

Also, it would be nice to have FORCE PORTRAIT, for the home pages. That is, Force Portrait = stock portrait or reverse portrait.

Fix these two and I will rate 6 stars, if allowed. :D

D G

Apr 18, 2011
Oxfordshire
I just tried out this app and thought it was great so bought the full version. However, the option to hide the notification tray icon (which is one of the features of the paid version) did not work for me. Until I can hide the notifcation I won't be using this app which is a shame because I really like the concept. I am using a Nexus 5 with stock Android

I also think there is room for further improvement. Eg. I would like to be able to control the duration of time that the 'overlay' button appears for. Also if it's technically possibe to control the degree of rotation before the overlay button appears.

Esar001

Jul 2, 2017
Broken in Nougat

This app is broken in Nougat, anyone know how to fix?
developer not replying:D

Paparasee

Apr 19, 2009
Dubai, UAE
I ended up writing a little app myself to replace the adaptive rotation mode. It's not perfect yet, but you can try it here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bubblegumapps.dynamicrotation
Unfortunately, when I go to Play Store, I get:
This app is incompatible with all of your devices.
Can you send me a link to the apk file or help clear the incompatibility issue? I'm using the Note 5 in Kuwait.

saentis

Jan 28, 2016
Xiaomi Mi 9
Xiaomi 11T Pro
Unfortunately, when I go to Play Store, I get:

Can you send me a link to the apk file or help clear the incompatibility issue? I'm using the Note 5 in Kuwait.

Thanks for going to try it! Yes unfortunately currently it's set to only be compatible with very few devices. I'm planning on fixing this in the next few weeks. Will report back here when it's done.

What Android version are you running?

saentis

Jan 28, 2016
Xiaomi Mi 9
Xiaomi 11T Pro

I finally got around to implementing the most important changes to support lower Android versions. Since the fixes are done very roughly, I released it as a beta version only. If you'd like to try it, just opt in to the beta program here. It should work fine on Android 7.0, as my changes were necessary only for Android 5.0 and lower.

D

Deleted member 2086469

I finally got around to implementing the most important changes to support lower Android versions. Since the fixes are done very roughly, I released it as a beta version only. If you'd like to try it, just opt in to the beta program here. It should work fine on Android 7.0, as my changes were necessary only for Android 5.0 and lower.

Looking for ages thank God i found your app! Coz the old adaptive rotate app was no longer being updated

szkj

Sep 1, 2017
This app is broken in Nougat, anyone know how to fix?
developer not replying:D

I have found a solution on my Redmi Note 4. It has Androi 7.0 with MIUI, so I'm not sure that original Android UI has the same menuitems.
My exact problem was that the overlay pop-up did not appear. After some investigation I have found the cause: the app did not have permissions and it did not ask for it. So I had to set it manually in Phone Settings/Permissions/Other Permissions/Adaptive Rotation Lock(Free)/Display pop-up window. I set it true, and it works well now.

wandro3d

Jan 2, 2014
Saentis, could you please also make your app able to override autorotate in apps like youtube and mxplayer? I was able to do this with the old Rotation Lock Adaptive app. Otherwise, your app would be perfect. Thanks.

saentis

Jan 28, 2016
Xiaomi Mi 9
Xiaomi 11T Pro
Saentis, could you please also make your app able to override autorotate in apps like youtube and mxplayer? I was able to do this with the old Rotation Lock Adaptive app. Otherwise, your app would be perfect. Thanks.

This took a long time.. But I finally added this feature! You can now force rotation anywhere. There are still some limitations (for example reverse portrait doesn't always work and I frankly don't know why) but overall and also specifically for YouTube it works great!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Title says it all you can rotate your screen on your likes.

Adaptive rotation - if you find automatic screen rotation annoying then this app is for you. It will detect the device's orientation and show a transparent button to let you decide whether the screen should be rotated to landscape or portrait
    Lock the screen in landscape or portrait - it will lock the screen the way you want even when some apps don't offer certain orientation
    Increase productivity - unnecessary rotation will distract you and interrupt your workflow!
    Power saving - every screen rotation will involve a lot of computation. By reducing unnecessary rotation the battery will last a bit longer

There are 8 modes which can be chosen in notification bar:
    1. Adaptive mode - detect the device's orientation and prompt you whether to rotate the orientation
    2. Landscape - force the orientation in landscape
    3. Portrait - force the orientation in portrait
    4. Reverse Portrait - force the orientation in reverse portrait
    5. Reverse Landscape - force the orientation in reverse Landscape
    6. Force auto - automatically rotate the screen in all orientation
    7. Stock auto - exactly the same as original auto mode
    8. Stock portrait - exactly the same as original portrait mode

[FREE]
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ui.robot.rotate&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsInVpLnJvYm90LnJvdGF0ZSJd

[PAID]
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ui.robot.rotatedonate&feature=more_from_developer