[I815/P6800/P6810] CyanogenMod 10.1 (01/05/13)

Search This thread

Gilbot

Jul 29, 2010
Milpitas
Speed's very good, power usage seems a little rough so far but no major issues. Wifi has been strong on my 2.4ghz visible Wireless G network, so no major hurdles for it there.

It seems that I can't enable rotation in the launcher AT ALL. Even after turning it on in settings. Also, Google Now crashes whenever voice is attempted.

Loving it so far, will be waiting a few more builds until it's my daily driver though.

Great work!

Something might be up with the mic, voice search crashes too. Otherwise its noticeably smoother and the addition of LTE for the i815 Is awesome. My tab rings if you call it, but no sound comes out when answered, I wonder if voice functionality is possible!!?

Sent from my SCH-I815 using xda premium

Last edited:

bassem.mohsen

Oct 12, 2012
cairo
I'm sorry to say there's random reboots when using sound or phone app.
Phone app freeze, crash sound in the whole device and might lead to restart the whole device.

dfkt_

Feb 1, 2011
Vienna
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
There are some storage differences with Jellybean 4.2, so beware when switching between Jellybean 4.2 and earlier versions of android.

Just in case anyone is wondering... On my P6810, CM10.1/JB moved the content of /sdcard to /sdcard/0 - so CWM Recovery couldn't find the Nandroid backup when I tried going back to CM10/ICS. I just moved everything back to its original place from there in adb shell, and all was fine.

I really hate that JB has no combined bar for tablet mode (160dpi) - what a silly waste of space, having two bars on screen, one on top, one on bottom. Other than that, the perceived smoothness of JB over ICS can't be all imagination, it must be real. :)

Dust2Dust

Dec 14, 2006
Utrecht
Great locerra !

I am gonna have to wait and stick to CM10 for the holidays, need GPS to travel.

After that I will flash and report.

GNUDroid

May 15, 2012
Blazing fast after using pimp my ROM app and adjusted the developer options (somehow hidden menu, but with app one get it) to force hw GPU use. cool that will get hot with 4.2 ....

Sent from my GT-P6810 using xda app-developers app

ice0901

Oct 19, 2009
I'm sorry to say there's random reboots when using sound or phone app.
Phone app freeze, crash sound in the whole device and might lead to restart the whole device.

It crashes my audio. I can't get any sound on video or key press after I receive a call from the phone app or grooveIP

Sent from my SCH-I815 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

neimovirne

Dec 31, 2010
hi everyone
I do not see TWRP backups after flashing this firmware, backups made ​​it through twrp, backup name was prescribed standard, I do not prescribe more. when choosing a backup for some reason the default memory card, and put a checkbox on the built-in memory, recovery just does not respond
That's actually a problem. wanted to see cm10.1 quickly, and then return to work the firmware, but now stuck

ice0901

Oct 19, 2009
Can someone else with an i815 confirm any calls made or received with grooveip crashes the tabs audio upon connection. I don't want to go back to touchwiz but I don't have phone right now and need this for calls

ahh... just realize it dont have developer option in setting... no problemo.... read this...

Google has hidden the developer settings in the latest version of Jelly Bean - here's how to get them back

A few months from now, this will seem funny. But for a little while, for a few scary hours, we had no developer settings on the Nexus 4. Ponder that for a moment. A Nexus device with no developer settings. Actually, it wasn't quite that bad. A little hackery, and we had a direct shortcut to the dev settings.

But there's an easier way to enable the developer settings on Android 4.2. Oh, they're still on the phone, so nobody freak out. Google hasn't taken the "developer" out of its Nexus line, and it's not going to anytime soon. But the settings have been hidden from casual view in the settings menu. Here's how to get them back:

Go to the settings menu, and scroll down to "About phone." Tap it.
Scroll down to the bottom again, where you see "Build number." (Your build number may vary from ours here.)
Tap it seven (7) times. After the third tap, you'll see a playful dialog that says you're four taps away from being a developer. (If only it were that simple, eh?) Keep on tapping, and *poof*, you've got the developer settings back.

So why would Google hide the developer settings on a Nexus? It likely has nothing at all to do with the device in this case. Think bigger. It's just a change in Android 4.2. If you're reading this blog, chances are you'll want to poke around in them -- or, in most cases, get to the USB debugging settings. There's not a whole lot of danger here. But ever since the dev settings were consolidated into a single menu in Android 4.0, it's seemed odd that they remained in plain sight on more consumer-friendly phones. Does your mom need dev settings? Nah. So, Google's hidden them in Android 4.2.

We're fine with that move -- and we expect it to be documented in the Android dev portal.

source http://www.androidcentral.com/how-enable-developer-settings-android-42

Last edited:

ice0901

Oct 19, 2009
I can also confirm the gallery is not synced to picasa

GNUDroid

May 15, 2012
more hardware/driver related bugs so far observed:
- OpenGL ES 2.0 Demo completly missdrawn --> open gl libs must be checked
- missdrawing nova launcher when adding new desk icons --> graphic stack
- microphone not working
- can confirm the wifi disconnection if tablet once got into sleep

- multitouch paint is very slow. i always use it to get some feeling about touchscreen performance with quickly drawn lines
- in contrast a multitouch benchmark is fine, so i guess it is nothing related to touchscreen driver but an issue with a drawing routine

besides this already useable and fast. looking forward for new cm 10.1 development.
Sent from my GT-P6810 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

bassem.mohsen

Oct 12, 2012
cairo
Can someone else with an i815 confirm any calls made or received with grooveip crashes the tabs audio upon connection. I don't want to go back to touchwiz but I don't have phone right now and need this for calls

i confirm that on my p6800, it's not your i815 only.
the phone app forced to go to landscaped mode, and then i can take the call, and then call ends and the app crash the audio, and freeze the whole device. and i've to reboot the whole device. and sometimes it reboots by itself.
even if i cancelled the call, it crashed audio and freeze the whole device :S
-------------------------------------------------------
Google Now voice search doesn't work .. it starts with the word initializing then stops and doesn't beep to take any voice from me .. and tells me failed retry.
------------------------------------------------------------
also, sometimes there's VSync problem or maybe screen refresh slowly (i'm not sure why this happen, or what trigger it ) but it happens only for one scroll.
also quadrant benchmark shows it has score 2627 where the score is 3800 on the Stock ICS.
WIFI closes once i lock the device, even if the device was downloading something, it stops downloading.
WIFI doesn't see any hidden SSIDs at all :S

---------- Post added at 08:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 AM ----------

ahh... just realize it dont have developer option in setting... no problemo.... read this...

Google has hidden the developer settings in the latest version of Jelly Bean - here's how to get them back

A few months from now, this will seem funny. But for a little while, for a few scary hours, we had no developer settings on the Nexus 4. Ponder that for a moment. A Nexus device with no developer settings. Actually, it wasn't quite that bad. A little hackery, and we had a direct shortcut to the dev settings.

But there's an easier way to enable the developer settings on Android 4.2. Oh, they're still on the phone, so nobody freak out. Google hasn't taken the "developer" out of its Nexus line, and it's not going to anytime soon. But the settings have been hidden from casual view in the settings menu. Here's how to get them back:

Go to the settings menu, and scroll down to "About phone." Tap it.
Scroll down to the bottom again, where you see "Build number." (Your build number may vary from ours here.)
Tap it seven (7) times. After the third tap, you'll see a playful dialog that says you're four taps away from being a developer. (If only it were that simple, eh?) Keep on tapping, and *poof*, you've got the developer settings back.

So why would Google hide the developer settings on a Nexus? It likely has nothing at all to do with the device in this case. Think bigger. It's just a change in Android 4.2. If you're reading this blog, chances are you'll want to poke around in them -- or, in most cases, get to the USB debugging settings. There's not a whole lot of danger here. But ever since the dev settings were consolidated into a single menu in Android 4.0, it's seemed odd that they remained in plain sight on more consumer-friendly phones. Does your mom need dev settings? Nah. So, Google's hidden them in Android 4.2.

We're fine with that move -- and we expect it to be documented in the Android dev portal.

source http://www.androidcentral.com/how-enable-developer-settings-android-42

@edan, there were an option in the settings, but i can't remember now where it's, i was hoping if you can help me.
the option was to disable the long press on home button open the multi tasking view,

Last edited:

bassem.mohsen

Oct 12, 2012
cairo
if you opened up the jelly beans by clicking on the android version 4.2.1.
and started to move the beans very slowly, you will notice the slow update of the screen or VSync.

uze

Oct 14, 2010
There is small bug in 24h clock font on lockscreen. I have used 160 dpi as lcd.density parameter.

a9uzeqyz.jpg

Wysyłane z mojego GT-P6800 za pomocą Tapatalk 2

locerra

Aug 18, 2010
Seattle
the phone app forced to go to landscaped mode, and then i can take the call, and then call ends and the app crash the audio, and freeze the whole device. and i've to reboot the whole device. and sometimes it reboots by itself.
Google Now voice search doesn't work .. it starts with the word initializing then stops and doesn't beep to take any voice from me .. and tells me failed retry.
I believe these are all issues with the mic, which just completely and totally crashes audio if you try to use it.
also quadrant benchmark shows it has score 2627 where the score is 3800 on the Stock ICS.
Functionality before performance.

There is small bug in 24h clock font on lockscreen. I have used 160 dpi as lcd.density parameter.
Not a bug, no way to make this work for both 213dpi and 160dpi, so 160dpi is not supported.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've started porting CyanogenMod 10.1 to the Galaxy Tab 7.7. Do not flash this unless you know how to backup your data and especially unless you know how to get back to stock. If you don't already know how to do this, you might want to familiarize yourself with the process now, while the developers try to stabilize CM10.1. I don't have time to help people unbrick their devices, and will not take responsibility for any user bricking their device, you flash this at your own risk.

If you are a developer interested in helping out with the porting effort, please PM me.

Known Issues
    • CM10.1 is in a primitive state, many features are still missing or don't work
    • bluetooth doesn't work
    • audio: dock audio doesn't work
    • hwcomposer: HDMI dongle doesn't work
    • wifi: won't connect to hidden ssids
    • wifi: will only connect to 5GHz networks when immediately adjacent to the router
    • i815: ambient light sensor doesn't work (no autobrightness)
    • i815: no IR-Blaster support (I have no intention of fixing this)
    Download
    Google apps can be found at http://goo.im/gapps
    Flash
    Flash from ClockworkMod Recovery or TWRP, and make sure to wipe data/factory reset. No whining if it eats your homework. There are some storage differences with Jellybean 4.2, so beware when switching between Jellybean 4.2 and earlier versions of android.

Changelog
    • 01/05/13
      • i815: GPS should be fixed
      • Wifi should no longer disconnect immediately upon sleep
    • 12/25/12
      • i815: CMDA and LTE should work without having to fiddle with settings (still need to be on the LP10 baseband)
      • p68x0: GPS should be fixed (can't currently test)
      • mic should be fixed
      • some camera fixes/improvements
    • 12/18/12 (from CM10)
      • i815: CDMA and LTE work (make sure to update the baseband to LP10, if you're still having issues see here)
      • Completely new Wifi driver -- please test and report back
      • Completely new libaudio (now opensource)
      • Completely new gralloc + hwcomposer (also now opensource)
    Credits
    • teamhacksung -- adding the necessary exynos4 and audio fixes to the CM tree, they deserve a huge thanks this time around
    New Builds

OP updated, enjoy :).
    I believe these are all issues with the mic, which just completely and totally crashes audio if you try to use it.
    Functionality before performance.

Not a bug, no way to make this work for both 213dpi and 160dpi, so 160dpi is not supported.
    Yesterday i install the last version on my p6810, and the problem with wifi continues. When i lock, wifi disconect always. Solution will be known whether future versions?
    Assuming this is the issue that when you turn off the tablet, wifi immediately disconnects, then the next build should have this fixed.
    Ok folks.
    I have some great news to share.
    All the talk about dpi settings etc made me see if something that's on my phone would work on this ROM. It does!
    At a minimum it lets you change dpi per app like PA does.
    Here's the info and the download.
    It's called xposed installer.

xposed installer

You also need the apk for 'app settings' and to activate it as a 'module'

Then you go into it, pic the app (say Google Play)
    change the dpi (say 160 f), resolution 800X1280 and check 'tablet' and now Play is set at 160dpi tablet mode.

I'm just now starting to play with this new framework/app but it looks really cool.

Also tweakbox