[Q] YouTube videos not working after updating ROM (KOT49H 4.4.2)

Search This thread

eluong

Nov 26, 2013
Hey guys,

I just did a clean install of Danvdh's KOT49H 4.4.2 Google Play Edition 0519 ROM (found here), and I am having problems with YouTube videos, and other videos in general. The YouTube app buffers the video just fine, and displays the UI correctly, but when I hit the play button nothing happens. In other apps that utilize videos as well, such as Snapchat, videos are just black screens with no sounds.

I couldn't post in the actual Development thread because I do not have those privileges. Is there anything I can do to fix this? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

My phone is a SGH-M919V (from Wind Mobile in Canada). Here are my phone stats from About phone:

Model number: GT-19505G (from the ROM)
Android version: 4.4.2
Baseband version: M919VVLUEMK5
Kernel version: 3.4.0-g22842f5 ktoonsez@ktoonsex-VirtualBox #1 Fri Mar 28 22:01:38 MST 2014
Build number: KOT49H.05.19.2014

eluong

Nov 26, 2013
The Phone app on my phone is also very buggy, and crashes on launch or whenever someone calls me! Could this be an issue with the kernel?

mrzhadow

Mar 18, 2010
Marysville WA
Yes it could be a kernel related issue. Try using the devs recommend settings. You should look at the bugs changelog see if your issue is known in the thread.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 10:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 PM ----------

I went through the thread for the whole month of may and didn't see your issue. My recommendation is to do a full wipe install and check it once it boots up. It will most likely fix your issue. Also I noticed in the thread that KToonzes kernel has been updated with fixes so I recommend updating that too. I noticed you were on KT.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Free mobile app

eluong

Nov 26, 2013
Solved the issue. Just Odin'd back to the newest stock firmware, then reinstalled TWRP and the custom rom and everything is working smoothly again. Not sure what the actual issue was before, but doing a completely clean install helped.