Remove All Ads from XDA
Find Your Device:
Or Continue to Thread: Horrible touchscreen latency /…
19th April 2018, 08:19 AM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannejanne

Reviewers never mention this stuff. In fact, not a single reviewer is as critic as they should be when testing a phone. I guess they are afraid of worsening their relationships with the people that send them phones or something. Most reviewers seem "payed".

Now that I'ven tried the phone, I'm afraid this may actually be the case. Perhaps not payed, but controlled or told not to mention certain things because it's not final software etc. Nobody mention the scrolling problem, nor is anyone having any issue with the UI visuals that look like something from the Galaxy S3 age. Rather everybody says it's liquid smooth with zero lag. Very far from the truth. It's a sad world.

EDIT: I tried turning off the knock features as someone mentioned as a fix. It did nothing for me. No difference what so ever. I've not yet tried to reset the phone, but I see little reason to as it's a fresh phone with nothing really added to it. Either this is a QC issue, or it's just the way the phones are. Either way, I'm not keeping this thing, it's going back.

---------- Post added at 09:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 AM ----------

It seems the mate 10 pro had the issue too:

Quote:

I have a Mate 10 Pro and it definitely does this. You'll always find Huawei fans who simply don't see or don't want to see the EMUI quirks - it's really hard to filter them out when getting into the nitty gritty of EMUI.
The Mate 10 Pro has lags that a non-EMUI phone simply doesn't have. The weird input threshold that creates input lag is just one of them. It has nothing to do with the phone's performance, it's just Huawei's shitty software. Swiping to the Google Feed from EMUI's stock launcher also makes the phone stutter like a five year old discount phone.
The Mate 10 Pro may currently be the best deal among the flagships and the hardware is truly amazing, that can't be overstated - but the software is currently a buggy, laggy mess. Think TouchWiz during its absolute worst.

It may have been fixed in an update however:

Quote:

Just received the 127 update and the issue seems to be resolved

If the P20 pro goes the same route, we MAY be seeing a fix in a month or so. Pure speculation.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Huawei/comm...olling_really/
The Following User Says Thank You to TigerSoul925 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TigerSoul925 Ad-Free