Do you use a screen protector sticker for your P6 ?

Search This thread

warea

Dec 1, 2007
Does a Gorilla glass in anyway prevent scratches on the screen ? If not, what type of screen protector is best such that it doesn't take away any brightness or clarity of the screen ?

daryltanael

Jul 4, 2007
Does a Gorilla glass in anyway prevent scratches on the screen ? If not, what type of screen protector is best such that it doesn't take away any brightness or clarity of the screen ?

Never used screen protectors on my last P1 and my current P6. IF you're going to use any screen protectors make sure its military grade like the ones sold at zagg.com

But if its just a simple plastic protector? don't bother, it will just get scratched by normal stuff that would not scratch the gorilla glass.

:highfive:

Reactions: warea

markgranto

Aug 23, 2013
on my old S2 I tried various screen protectors, and most were cheap rubbish, but tried a media devil magic screen one, slightly more expensive, but well worth it.

they've just released one for the P6 and just like the one I used before its excellent, perfect fit and very easy to put on, and no bubbles first time :)

Can't post a proper link, but google it, or you can get them on amazon.

warea

Dec 1, 2007
From my reading, Gorilla glass is scratch resistant. And P6 uses the Gorilla glass 2. There is toughness test of it on youtube. But despite all that it isnt 100% scratch proof. So I would have to look for the protector. I would miss the real thing :(

Last edited:

Beready

Jun 1, 2009
Antwerp
I run through my cheapest screen protectors ever but they were pretty cheap on ebay, but it was so worse I had to put it off bcz it didn't looked nice anymore...

Now I'm without screen protector and it's much smoother surface and not have seen any scratch yet for almost a month using it and sticking it in my pockets...

But I think I will buy me another good screen protectors to be sure no scratch will come on the screen bcz I heard it will get scratches with sand and stuff...

infin1ty_13

Mar 5, 2008
had various device with gorilla glass before, iphone, galaxy s3 and s4 some from sony etc etc never used screen protectors of any kind and never got scratches. only thing to worry about is sand and stone. those will go trough the glass as a knife trough butter

Jimmy2u

Sep 26, 2013
California
Well I would say the screen of P6 does not require any screen protector...because the gorilla screen it has is quite resisting one to scratches and more over the screen protector might disturb the touch experience...so not so much worries to use P6 without any screen protector...

warea

Dec 1, 2007
Would screen protectors significantly help protect the screen glass during drops ?

PulseDroid

Jan 7, 2012
www.pulsedroid.com
Just got a scratch, I feel depressed. It's a small one, made by something that was in my pocket, dunno what it was. - Sure hope a screen protector will hide it!

warea

Dec 1, 2007
Just got a scratch, I feel depressed. It's a small one, made by something that was in my pocket, dunno what it was. - Sure hope a screen protector will hide it!

I feel you :crying:

Thankfully I got one screen protector free along with the casing I brought. So I have that for now. But i am worried about drops because if the screen breaks, it is going to cost a heck lot of money to get it replaced. So i am still wondering if a tempered glass screen protector would be full proof against that, in which case i would buy one.

Ottomaani0

Feb 22, 2011
Nousiainen
Received and installed my Zagg InvisibleShield yesterday.

The installation went well and Im pretty satisfied with the outcome!

No airbubbles or fingerprints visible. The installation kit that came with the protector was really helpful.

Will add pictures later if I remember :D

Sent from my P6-U06 using Tapatalk

markgranto

Aug 23, 2013

No airbubbles or fingerprints visible. The installation kit that came with the protector was really helpful.

saw they were doing the sale, but having used the below before opted for them again, excellent as always, and cheaper than the zagg

http://mediadevil.com/index.php/magicscreen-clear-edition-huawei-ascend-p6.html

benna

Jun 5, 2012
I dont beleve in scratch proof screens. they DO get scratched, especially whey you have an phone for two years. I use GhostArmour. so far so good

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Zagg's InvisibleShield is now on 50% sale. Lots of other products dirt cheap too on their Cyber Monday event. http://www.zagg.com

Never used screen protectors on my last P1 and my current P6. IF you're going to use any screen protectors make sure its military grade like the ones sold at zagg.com

But if its just a simple plastic protector? don't bother, it will just get scratched by normal stuff that would not scratch the gorilla glass.

:highfive:
    on my old S2 I tried various screen protectors, and most were cheap rubbish, but tried a media devil magic screen one, slightly more expensive, but well worth it.

they've just released one for the P6 and just like the one I used before its excellent, perfect fit and very easy to put on, and no bubbles first time :)

Can't post a proper link, but google it, or you can get them on amazon.
    I run through my cheapest screen protectors ever but they were pretty cheap on ebay, but it was so worse I had to put it off bcz it didn't looked nice anymore...

Now I'm without screen protector and it's much smoother surface and not have seen any scratch yet for almost a month using it and sticking it in my pockets...

But I think I will buy me another good screen protectors to be sure no scratch will come on the screen bcz I heard it will get scratches with sand and stuff...