[ROM] unofficial CM9 by jokersax 7/04/2012

Search This thread

youareme7

Mar 30, 2010
Madison, WI
bluetooth wake lock still an issue?

I just installed the newest 0.44 rom with the 1.3v3 kernel and I'm still having the issue that when bluetooth is on the device is awake 100% of the time. (never goes to deep sleep) Is this something that has been fixed and I'm just not finding it or is it still an issue with these roms?

Thanks for a great rom!

zewone

Jun 21, 2010
Flashed the latest CWM release and now my camera does not work. It will freeze after trying to take a shot and the other apps like 360 will not connect to the camera.

Also, there is a long delay from pressing the power/wake button for the screen to wake. Probably around 3 seconds.

Probably going to have to go back to the previous release.

Thank again, Jokersax.

Reactions: kelliez

Zero-K

Jun 28, 2010
Love the work you've been doing Joker! ROM runs very sweet with the odd glitch.
However, I think you might want to leave off the teasers from now on. All that seems to have done is cause a whole bunch of "OMG! Does that mean XXX works now?!?!?!" lol.

Thanks for all your hard work!!
Another donation from me headed your way. :)

Last edited:

pho_lone

Mar 3, 2012
Flashed the latest CWM release and now my camera does not work. It will freeze after trying to take a shot and the other apps like 360 will not connect to the camera.

Also, there is a long delay from pressing the power/wake button for the screen to wake. Probably around 3 seconds.

Thank again, Jokersax.

Please read everyone, camera works in LANDSCAPE ONLY. I don't need 500 camera doesn't work comments to sift through when it literally is faster to read instead of posting.

I have taken 120 photos tonight using 0.4.4.

See proof below

As far as the rotate bug. Its because we don't have proper drivers. When I say its fixed it will be fixed. Stop testing for it stop complaining about it. Start your browser in landscape if you want landscape.

That's 0.4.4 in landscape.

Sent from my MB855 using XDA

think the quotes are self explanatory........

giqbal

Feb 19, 2012
Manchester

Thank again, Jokersax.

The delay is probably because the frequency is stuck at 1000Mhz. Just reboot and it will be fixed

Sent from my MB860 using XDA

dibeachdude

Jan 30, 2009
Dauphin Island, AL
Questions, concerns, issues, changelogs, bug reports, blah, blah, blah . . .

Searching is recommended before posting, but that subject has been addressed countless times in almost every thread. Unless you flashed a ROM that Joker posted within the last day, you (everybody) should at least take a moment to read the comments that people have posted since that particular ROM was available for download. Generally, you will find out what is going on with that particular version within the first few pages. Most of the posts are very brief, and you can probably read the last few pages before the ROM even finished downloading.

. . . but sadly, if people do not read the last few pages, they probably won't read this either. <deep sigh>

Reactions: RoG3

RoG3

Jul 14, 2011
Dallas
Searching is recommended before posting, but that subject has been addressed countless times in almost every thread. Unless you flashed a ROM that Joker posted within the last day, you (everybody) should at least take a moment to read the comments that people have posted since that particular ROM was available for download. Generally, you will find out what is going on with that particular version within the first few pages. Most of the posts are very brief, and you can probably read the last few pages before the ROM even finished downloading.

. . . but sadly, if people do not read the last few pages, they probably won't read this either. <deep sigh>

Couldn't agree more. Seriously folks, reading isn't that bad!

guitarded068

Jan 11, 2011
San Diego, CA
Camera360 works flawlessly for me on 0.4.4 with the cm9 v3 1.0GHz kernel. No lag or freezing even after several shots in succession; works in portrait and landscape. I'm using the largest picture size and the maximum quality in the settings. I used to have camera lag on the stock app when I was using the wide aspect ratio; it goes away if set to the maximum size. I'd recommend not using the stock camera app at all since it will break it for 360.

Sent from my MB860 using XDA

tasadar

Sep 11, 2007
0.4.4 for me has everything I want for now in beta state. My only wish and question for the moment is IMPLementation of tablet ui and phone Ui in this rom, because in since 0.3.2 tablet ui CWM mod does not work. How to make it tablet iu WHen change DPI settings to 140 for example ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This Kanged CM9 Alpha build is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.0 (ICS), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    **[B][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="3"]Disclaimer[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]**
     * these are alphas so understand that means things are broken
     * I am not part of the Cyanogenmod Team
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     * Change Logs Disabled during alpha, please read thread. 

[B][U][SIZE="3"]Stages[/SIZE][/U][/B]

* [B]Alpha[/B]- means something major is broken. Goal is to get major stuff working

* [B]Beta[/B]- means little things are still broke but most big stuff is fixed. Goal to clean up code and fix little issues so we can submit to cm to become official

* [B]Stable[/B]- official cm rom. 

* [B]After stable[/B]- tweaking, Also adding features.

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:

First time flashing CyanogenMod 9?, or coming from another ROM?

1. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
    2. Format the system, data & cache partitions of your device.
    3. Perform a factory reset.
    4. Flash This ROM.
    5. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.
    Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 9?

1. Flash CyanogenMod
    2. flash gapps

Wanna downgrade, simply wipe

Issues?

Experience issues? Please provide the following info:
    • If the device was hard reboot, please provide the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
    • If the device was soft reboot or is "bootlooping", please run a logcat and provide the full output.
    • Please use Pastebin when possible.

Download Links:

ROM: Link
    Latest version: check site
    Gapps: Link
    Latest version: check site

Other

Credits:
    joxersax11 turl alpha18omega shabbypenguin ebbinger_413 sky24987 DethMetalz69 cougarcougar Focus.lau mrinehart93 Cyanogenmod Team koush/romracer shabbypenguin - ranmasaotome510 - updated OP

The Photon dev team and turl would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!
    Well, here it is then :)

Code:
    483e564d002a82c5e7861355b9064202  gapps-ics-20120207.zip
    7c8bd2fa1fe978dba0aef55329e4a936  update-cm-9.0.0-RC0-Atrix-KANG-signed.zip

Some tips:
    1. Please don't kill my server, it's just a little VPS :)
    2. If you have issues, wipe
    3. If you have duplicate apps and derpage, format /system, flash CM, flash gapps
    4. No support
    5. No ETAs
    6. Thank the south korean guy :) http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=22322714&postcount=561
    7. I'm not responsible if your dog eats you while flashing or whatever. You know the deal :)
    8. Camcorder doesn't/won't work
    9. Enjoy!
    Guys a lot of family issues came up I will be fixing everything soon. Just remember life comes before free software.

fun facts about cm9 by me

135 countries downloaded cm9 on jokersax.com
    100 terabytes transferred.
    3000 pm's
    10000+ comments between two threads
    Over 2 millions views
    Both threads were 1 and 2 for xda for several weeks.
    200+ referring websites
    150000 attempted attacks
    Someone is using Netscape :what: seriously 500 dollar phone and you're using windows 3.1???
    IPhone 5.2 and 5.3???
    Funniest comment denied "tenga egg video" umm no
    Best pm "bj for your hard work?" I didn't accept as I ended up with the girl that motivated me to get into Android dev'ing.
    Proudest moment: several nvidia workers telling me about cm9 by me before they knew who I was.
    Funniest webmaster email: angry wife claiming I hypnotized her husband into my cult.
    Hardest fix to find, that stupid semicolon :banghead:
    Easiest fix: doing nothing and magically something starts working.

Just a few fun facts

Camera might be fixed today

Sent from my MB855 using XDA App