jellybean AOKP UNOFFICIAL November 3

Search This thread

dan-htc-touch

Dec 6, 2007
calgary
Last edited:

orlandoxpolice

Mar 6, 2007
Wow! I love aokp, rockin it on my skyrocket for months now. Can't wait to try this.

Sent from my SGH-I727 using xda premium

VTEChump

Oct 20, 2011
Minneapolis
Wow, ROM flies!!!!!, feels like brand new tablet. Still testing out everything, but so far so good. Android is so awesome because of the great devs, thanks!!!

Last edited:

VTEChump

Oct 20, 2011
Minneapolis
Only issues so far are MHL out doesn't work (anyway to get this working?) and the touch sensitivity seems off. Have to press hard and hold links in browser for example. Other than that, this ROM is awesome!

neubauej

Nov 10, 2010
Tried all but a skyrocket modem.

Ill give that a go.

I show bars of service, shows att, then states no internet connection.

Imei is still good, and stock or cm10 work.

Weird..

orlandoxpolice

Mar 6, 2007
My APN settings were incorrect.

Doh!

Thanks.

No problem. It may be helpful to post the settings here for other users who may have the same issue.

Code:
Name: Broadband
APN: Broadband
Proxy: Not Set
Port: Not Set
Username: Not Set
Password: Not Set
Server: Not Set
MMSC: Not Set
MMS Proxy: Not Set
MMS Port: Not Set
MCC: 310
MNC: 410
Authentication Type: Not Set
APN Type: Not Set
APN Protocol: IPv4
Bearer: Unspecified

nrvate

Aug 25, 2010
Default APN settings are determined by system/etc/apns-conf.xml. The specific ones used are determined by the SIM's MCC/MNC settings, in the case of an ATT SIM, 310/410.

The default file has 310/410 set up like:
Code:
 <apn carrier="ATT" mcc="310" mnc="410" apn="wap.cingular" user="WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM" mmsc="http://mmsc.cingular.com" mmsproxy="wireless.cingular.com" mmsport="80" type="default,supl,mms" />
  <apn carrier="ATT LTE" mcc="310" mnc="410" apn="pta" mmsc="http://mmsc.mobile.att.net" mmsproxy="proxy.mobile.att.net" mmsport="80" type="default,supl,mms" />
  <apn carrier="StraightTalk ATT" mcc="310" mnc="410" apn="att.mvno" mmsc="http://mmsc.cingular.com" mmsproxy="66.209.11.33" mmsport="80" type="default,supl,mms" />

The first and last line there can be nuked, and the ATT LTE line like:
Code:
<apn carrier="ATT LTE" mcc="310" mnc="410" apn="Broadband" mmsc="" mmsproxy="" mmsport="" type="" />

That'd result in working connectivity for users with a data-only LTE plan from ATT, as usually sold with these devices.

The quirk I'm trying to figure out, though, is how to get LTE. The RIL seems to default to WCDMA preferred (3G), but AOKP's settings don't seem to provide the selector to select the "other" setting, LTE / WCDMA, which enables LTE.

Probably just a toggle to flip in framework-res or some other similar config setting area... finding it is the fun part!

Reactions: orlandoxpolice

the_hatrix

Sep 25, 2011
any bugs

I am really curious to see if I should flash this (getting tired of honeycomb constant restrictions and constant crashings)

Are there any bugs or any features not working at the moment?

Thanks

Top Liked Posts