[APP][24JUN2010]VolDpad: Use the volume buttons as a d-pad; New: Source code avail.

Search This thread

pmtan666

Jul 26, 2005
When I use VolPad on TF3D, it seems to translate the single press as double press action.

Example, press up for 1 time on the volume button, it will seems to behave like pressing up twice on TF3D but this is fine with other application.

Does anyone know how to resolve this?

Piemole

Dec 2, 2008
Melbourne
This is an awesome ap, it works really well on m,y Omnia.

One thing that I think would be good is a zoom control with the vol buttons ie vol up zoom in, vol down zoom out.

I only say this because my omnia has a small d pad still :)

Greyru

Sep 1, 2009
Freezing after making a call

Hi,

It's really very nice small program that fits me with 100%. Unfortunately on my HTC Max 4G after finishing a phone call pressing any of volume buttons leads to freezing the currently running application - only soft-reset helps :(

Is it possible to create a version without regulation of volume level during the phone call? Or may be to add some aguments, which allow the user controlling the behaviour of volume buttons?

asurians

Jan 21, 2009
hi there,

Great application! I installed this on my touchpro2. Works as advertised but sometimes, my phone will hang when i reject a call or when i do not pick up an incoming call. Anyone else have this problem? Or is this a program conflict with some other program i installed. I would love very much to use this program.

rgds

mrmoo

Feb 4, 2007
echo the above

likewise as above i found it would be great if it only just did up and down, i end up really only using it to scroll through lists (which when you use it for this you realise just how much HTC should have included this as standard) and i end up invariably pressing it too quickly and it classing this as a double click and taking me to a different tab

be great if there was a version with just up and down

thx

ian

snovvman

Jun 6, 2008
likewise as above i found it would be great if it only just did up and down, i end up really only using it to scroll through lists (which when you use it for this you realise just how much HTC should have included this as standard) and i end up invariably pressing it too quickly and it classing this as a double click and taking me to a different tab

be great if there was a version with just up and down

thx

ian

I agree completely. To OP--please consider releasing an "up/down" only version. Many thanks!

curney

Jan 28, 2008
I must be missing something here. How do I turn this off? I dont see it in programs or settings.... I feel a big "DOH" coming...

curney

Jan 28, 2008
DOH!! From first post:

Cheers :)

Thanks for the reply. My problem was since I didnt see an icon in programs, I wasnt sure how to run it again. It was late...didn't think to actually look in explorer. Is there a way to get an icon in progroms? I would like to put it in my start menu. I am using the old start menu and I would like quicker access to the exe.

Thanks

snovvman

Jun 6, 2008
Thanks for the reply. My problem was since I didnt see an icon in programs, I wasnt sure how to run it again. It was late...didn't think to actually look in explorer. Is there a way to get an icon in progroms? I would like to put it in my start menu. I am using the old start menu and I would like quicker access to the exe.

Thanks

Use a tool like Total Commander to make a shortcut, place it in \Windows\Start Menu\Programs, and off you go.

http://www.ghisler.com/pocketpc.htm

Or, go to Settings\Personal\Menus and see if the app shows up. If it does, add it to your Start Menu.

curney

Jan 28, 2008
Use a tool like Total Commander to make a shortcut, place it in \Windows\Start Menu\Programs, and off you go.

http://www.ghisler.com/pocketpc.htm

Or, go to Settings\Personal\Menus and see if the app shows up. If it does, add it to your Start Menu.

Woah, that was fast! Thanks! I noticed it was running at startup so, I just cut and pasted the lnk file from windows/startup to windows/start menu. voila!

This is a great little progie. great work OP

Heart1010

Jan 27, 2009
Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 5G
Also have to say THANKS for this great little tool/program!!!

Changing volume then is only possible during calls and with/in the TouchFlo Settings tab from manila?