[Q] ROOT Xperia ZL C6506 Android 4.3 firmware .569 locked

Search This thread

JCRG

Mar 4, 2014
his ctsohira

Initially I was using the 4.2.2 version from this link:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2459497

It's good for the 6506 and it has no Telcel garbage! Then I upgraded to 4.3 following the procedure and files of this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2567266

Of course you need both root and XZDualboot Recovery to upgrade this way.

All of this is if you want to have 4.3 rooted, if you just want 4.3 on Telcel you can easily flash the latest ftf from the development thread for the 6506. You would have a factory default phone afterwards of course, with no possible way to root it.

All of the former are obtained with a locked bootloader, right?
Because I've just bought my phone, and I don't wanna void the warranty, though I don't know if unlocking the bootloader voids the warranty here in Mexico :confused:

adolfovm

Nov 25, 2011
Mexico City
Because I've just bought my phone, and I don't wanna void the warranty, though I don't know if unlocking the bootloader voids the warranty here in Mexico :confused:

Yes, all the link procedures will work on Locked Bootloader. Actually if your phone is from Telcel it will not let you unlock your bootloader, I'm not staying with locked bootloader because I want to, it's not possible to unlock Telcel Sony phones :(

Reactions: JCRG

JCRG

Mar 4, 2014
street ednanf

Yes, all the link procedures will work on Locked Bootloader. Actually if your phone is from Telcel it will not let you unlock your bootloader, I'm not staying with locked bootloader because I want to, it's not possible to unlock Telcel Sony phones :(

Ack, what the hell did that filthy jewish Telcel do the phones?

mr_esmit

Nov 18, 2010
I have tried changing the kernel to .423 because there is a root for that, but the phone went into the boot loop so I had to quickly change back to the original kernel.

How did you fix the bootloop??? I have stock .569 and locked BL and had the same problem when I flashed the .423 kernel.

Ltdrev

Aug 28, 2013
YUL/YYZ
I Did the rooting procedure (a pain) for my friend who purchased my trashed c6506 everything was fine until he did last xposed installer update he's stuck into bootloop very strange I did this update on my N5 and N4 no sweath god I'm happy I didn't keep that semi permanent brick. Reverting to 4.2 update work fine but when re-doing the 4.3 root very long procedure results are the same (tried 3 times)!

sent from Carina Nebula with my Nexus 5 inter dimensional cruiser...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Root

Hi Could u please tell me how you rooted your device, cause I am kind of confused about it.
    Thanks.

Steps to Root from .569 Locked BL

1. Backup via Backup/Restore
    2. Downgrade from 4.3 to 4.2.2 (Clean install) using flashtool
    3. Reboot
    4. Root via Bin4ry (Root Many Android V.33), option 0
    5. Install Dual Recovery (as per Nut's thread)
    6. Flash 569 zip/su fix (dual recovery)
    7. Power off
    8. Flash stripped 569 using flashtool
    9. Reboot
    10. Restore backup.

So: no need to unlock bootloader/backup TA partition

Reason: Did not want to unlock, could not backup TA because I had no root.

Regards,

Ack, what the hell did that filthy jewish Telcel do the phones?

I think all carrier locked Sony's are like that. You have to purchase one directly from Sony, an unlocked unit.

I THINK!