Should I update to 4.4.2

Search This thread

thahim

Forum Leader
Dec 24, 2006
Karachi
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
I have n9005 rooted so I think I wont get OTA update. Should I update to 4.4.2 and download firmware from sammobile is that reliable?

I dont know my phone is locked version or not.

On my galaxy s4 when I updated by odin I felt the phone became little slow.

I dont know should I do it on my note 3 or not
What do you guys on xda suggest?

Sent from Galaxy Note 3 SM-9005

sFranKv

Oct 14, 2012
I have n9005 rooted so I think I wont get OTA update. Should I update to 4.4.2 and download firmware from sammobile is that reliable?

I updated my phone to kit kat the same day that i got it, i havent noticed any slow downs at all, the only thing that i regret is that i update without thinking about a downgrade, so i whould sugest you to update using a firmware without a locked booloader.

ultramag69

Nov 6, 2007
Waratah
I updated my phone to kit kat the same day that i got it, i havent noticed any slow downs at all, the only thing that i regret is that i update without thinking about a downgrade, so i whould sugest you to update using a firmware without a locked booloader.

Unless you have a specific model of Note 3 (N900W) the KK bootloader won't allow you to go back to JB.
If you have an N9005 I wouldn't recommend flashing N900W firmware as bricking can be upsetting...

Last edited:
Reactions: thahim

celderic

Dec 1, 2010

Short answer.
Yes.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Reactions: antique_sonic

ultramag69

Nov 6, 2007
Waratah
I have n9005 I dont know whats boot loader the only method I know is odin.
Is there 4.4.2 available for n9005?

Yes, but you can't go back to JB once you upgrade to KK...
Go to Sammobile.com to find out if your region has it. If not you can upgrade to another region's KK, just avoid carrier roms as they require a pit file to flash too...

thahim

Forum Leader
Dec 24, 2006
Karachi
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Yes, but you can't go back to JB once you upgrade to KK...
Go to Sammobile.com to find out if your region has it. If not you can upgrade to another region's KK, just avoid carrier roms as they require a pit file to flash too...

I'm thinking wont my phone get locked or anything after update and how do I dofferentiate bt carrier roms.

ultramag69

Nov 6, 2007
Waratah
I'm thinking wont my phone get locked or anything after update and how do I dofferentiate bt carrier roms.

1. Mine never has.
2. At Sammobile it says - UK (Vodafone) - this is a carrier rom.
If it says UK then its a generic stock rom...

You will have to re-root after update but make sure its the KK cf-autoroot (if you use that).
As you are rooted I'm assuming you have Knox warranty void at 0x1.
If not do a search on how to update to KK using Mobile ODIN, that way you can retain root but still have Knox at 0x0...

thahim

Forum Leader
Dec 24, 2006
Karachi
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
1. Mine never has.
2. At Sammobile it says - UK (Vodafone) - this is a carrier rom.
If it says UK then its a generic stock rom...

You will have to re-root after update but make sure its the KK cf-autoroot (if you use that).
As you are rooted I'm assuming you have Knox warranty void at 0x1.
If not do a search on how to update to KK using Mobile ODIN, that way you can retain root but still have Knox at 0x0...

Yes I have already tripped knox. Is there cf root available for kitkat and can you link to anythread?

B3311

Feb 16, 2011
Gelderd End, 1974
Short answer.
Yes.

Shorter answer - no;)

---------- Post added at 08:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 AM ----------

Yes I have already tripped knox. Is there cf root available for kitkat and can you link to anythread?

Good God man, you've been a member here since 2006 and you still want spoonfeeding?! Search for the link yourself, it'll take about 30 seconds of your precious time.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Short answer.
    Yes.

Shorter answer - no;)

---------- Post added at 08:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 AM ----------

Good God man, you've been a member here since 2006 and you still want spoonfeeding?! Search for the link yourself, it'll take about 30 seconds of your precious time.
    Er suggest to use search function on this forum.

Unless you have a specific model of Note 3 (N900W) the KK bootloader won't allow you to go back to JB.
    If you have an N9005 I wouldn't recommend flashing N900W firmware as bricking can be upsetting...

Short answer.
    Yes.