[Q] iptables for GT-s580i

Search This thread

Sycloalkane

May 15, 2014
I was intending to use the droidwall app to filter what apps can use wifi/3G as intended, but it doesn't seem to work due to the stock kernel not having iptables by default.

My device is rooter using the guide found on these forums, and no additional changes have been made.
Is there any way to add iptables into this kernel so that this app can work?
This may also help with the orbot app for proxying work, at least i'm hoping.

May 15, 2014
I'm having the same issue over here which I stumbled upon when trying out the firewall in avast's mobile anti-virus/firewall solution and went on to find some info on when that ipfilter or iptables module was added to android to be able to pick the right rom for my device.
so far I've been out of luck though.
I don't just want to pick a random rom because it seems that none of the roms offered here for the s5830i are still getting updates from their developers.

D

Deleted member 5617821

I was intending to use the droidwall app to filter what apps can use wifi/3G as intended, but it doesn't seem to work due to the stock kernel not having iptables by default.

My device is rooter using the guide found on these forums, and no additional changes have been made.

Try installing Rafael Baugis kernel. It has iptables binary included. Here is the link,

Rafael Baugis kernel

Or you can install the app called Iptables (not sure haven't used it personally). Here is the link,

Iptables (beta)

Do post the results. Hope I Helped :)

Reactions: devloz
May 15, 2014
Try installing Rafael Baugis kernel. It has iptables binary included. Here is the link,

Rafael Baugis kernel

Or you can install the app called Iptables (not sure haven't used it personally). Here is the link,

Iptables (beta)

thank you very much for the effort you made to find and post those two links but that ROM looks to be discontinued and an app to emulate? this functionality doesn't look like the proper way to do it.
is there a way to have this functionality built into the stock rom with the help of open source? code or something along those lines? I'm not afraid of getting my hands dirty. any guides or other publications you would suggest me to read?

D

Deleted member 5617821

thank you very much for the effort you made to find and post those two links but that ROM looks to be discontinued and an app to emulate? this functionality doesn't look like the proper way to do it.
is there a way to have this functionality built into the stock rom with the help of open source? code or something along those lines? I'm not afraid of getting my hands dirty. any guides or other publications you would suggest me to read?

First of all, its not a rom instead it is a kernel. Only way you can have this functionality in to the stock rom is to use a custom kernel. You can compile a custom kernel from its source. I haven't personally compiled one for Galaxy Ace S5830i, so I don't know much about this. But you can use the following guides to compile one from the source. Make sure to change the source in the guide to the source of your device i.e. cooperve. Here is the link,

[Tutorial] Building Your First Kernel

[VIDEO]Build your own Android kernel

iptables in android

Hope I Helped :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've cleaned this thread so let's try and stick to the topic here thanks guys...
    D
    Deleted member 5617821

Rafael Baugis kernel

Iptables (beta)