Flashing RUU after S-OFF

Search This thread

jinx27

May 31, 2010
Hi everyone,

Got my 3 branded HTC One S-Offed today, with the aim of getting the stock cid HTC__001 ROM on there so I can get OTA update ON TIME (Yup, Three still haven't released the 1.29 update)

So my CID's been changed to HTC__001 and flashed the RUU_M7_UL_JB_50_HTC_Europe_1.28.401.7_Radio_4A.13. 3231.27_10.31.1131.05_release_310878_signed.exe RUU

All went smooth and all the bloatware disappeared, however my software version is still showing as 1.28.771.6 which is the Three ROM software version, which is why i'm guessing it's still not shoiwng any OTA updates available?

Tried flashing again with SuperCID instead and when flashing this tume the RUU utility showed my phone's software version as 1.28.401 like it should have been, however flashed again and same thing, software version still showing up 1.28.771.6!

Feel as though i'm missing something stupid if anyone can help please!

ac3kill

Mar 15, 2011
OKC
You have to change more than your cid in bootloader it appears twice if not 3 times go read supercid thread in development section

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium HD app

jinx27

May 31, 2010
You have to change more than your cid in bootloader it appears twice if not 3 times go read supercid thread in development section

Checked it out, my HTC One is showing HTC__001 as CID with the getprop "ro.cid" command also without having to do anything, so in all three places my CID is correct, am I missing something else?

jinx27

May 31, 2010
Sorted this by the way, extracted the rom.zip from the RUU and flashed manually through fastboot, now working!

cptblackgb

Apr 16, 2011
This is exactly what i want to do. I have a HTC One from from 3 and want to debrand and go to a stock rom. Have you recieved an OTA update since you have done this? Or are you still on 1.28.401.7 that you flashed?

nugzo

Apr 20, 2010
Fayetteville, NC.
www.capefearcomputer.com
You do NOT need to change all Cid locations for RUU and OTA's. Just the Fastboot one is sufficient. I just tested RUU and OTA and it works fine. You can RUU without even re locking the bootloader with supercid, but to install an OTA you will have to relock bootloader and change cid from 11111111 to whatever carrier you are trying to OTA. I personally have an ATT CWS__001, changed CID to 11111111 with fastboot oem writecid 11111111. (get prop cid is still CWS__001) Ran older Dev edition ruu, installed fine without locking or changing cid. Booted and system Downloaded OTA, of course wouldnt install due to improper system files. Fastboot oem lock and fastboot oem write cid BS_US001 was all i needed to successfully install the OTA. NO HEX EDIT needed.

AllAboutTheCore

Oct 21, 2012
Leeds, UK
I see you are on 3, is that in the UK? ... I'm curious that's all as mine is a sim free one and I wondered, when it comes to the 4.2.2 update, will a sim free user get the update at a different time to someone who has a carrier branded phone? I'm on Tesco and just wondered if I'll get the update when they decide to send it to my phone, or will it work differently seeing as I bought the phone sim free?

jinx27

May 31, 2010
I see you are on 3, is that in the UK? ... I'm curious that's all as mine is a sim free one and I wondered, when it comes to the 4.2.2 update, will a sim free user get the update at a different time to someone who has a carrier branded phone? I'm on Tesco and just wondered if I'll get the update when they decide to send it to my phone, or will it work differently seeing as I bought the phone sim free?

Yup in the UK, I had a Three branded phone, which officially never even received the 1.29 OTA. If you've got a SIM free phone then it doesn't matter what network your on, you'll get the update same time as the other SIM free phones, it's just branded phones that get updates at different time

AllAboutTheCore

Oct 21, 2012
Leeds, UK
Yup in the UK, I had a Three branded phone, which officially never even received the 1.29 OTA. If you've got a SIM free phone then it doesn't matter what network your on, you'll get the update same time as the other SIM free phones, it's just branded phones that get updates at different time

Ah sound, operators are a ***** lol, glad I opted for sim free, especially as my contract costs me £7.50 a month and the same one, with a contract phone, cost me £25.

mortakos

Dec 21, 2010
Can you please give a few more details about how you installed ROM.zip through fastboot? I have followed all the steps. S-OFFed, HTC__001 cid but when I install the RUU my version number refuses to change.

roirulz

Jul 17, 2011
london
Can you please give a few more details about how you installed ROM.zip through fastboot? I have followed all the steps. S-OFFed, HTC__001 cid but when I install the RUU my version number refuses to change.

I'm in the exact same situation but managed to dig a bit more and bumped into this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWqUlTSvr8U

---------- Post added at 09:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 PM ----------

I'm also guessing that i need to relock my bootloader to flash this ?

cptblackgb

Apr 16, 2011
I started with the 3 Branded uk phone. I had an unlocked bootloader and TWRP recovery on it as i was going to go for a custom rom to fix my Bluetooth issues.

But after seeing the original post and realizing s-off was now available this is what i did.

With Bootloader unlocked and recovery still there i S-Off'd the phone and then set my CID to HTC__001

Then i downloaded RUU_M7_UL_JB_50_HTC_Europe_1.28.401.7_Radio_4A.13. 3231.27_10.31.1131.05_release_310878_signed.exe
I ran this as the .exe i downloaded no extracting or anything it was untouched. It installed fine and i double checked the version on the phone once booted and they all matched.

While i was checking version numbers the update for 1.29.401.12 popped up so i installed that straight away.

Bootloader is still unlocked and i am just waiting for the 4.2.2 update now.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I started with the 3 Branded uk phone. I had an unlocked bootloader and TWRP recovery on it as i was going to go for a custom rom to fix my Bluetooth issues.

But after seeing the original post and realizing s-off was now available this is what i did.

With Bootloader unlocked and recovery still there i S-Off'd the phone and then set my CID to HTC__001

Then i downloaded RUU_M7_UL_JB_50_HTC_Europe_1.28.401.7_Radio_4A.13. 3231.27_10.31.1131.05_release_310878_signed.exe
    I ran this as the .exe i downloaded no extracting or anything it was untouched. It installed fine and i double checked the version on the phone once booted and they all matched.

While i was checking version numbers the update for 1.29.401.12 popped up so i installed that straight away.

Bootloader is still unlocked and i am just waiting for the 4.2.2 update now.
    You do NOT need to change all Cid locations for RUU and OTA's. Just the Fastboot one is sufficient. I just tested RUU and OTA and it works fine. You can RUU without even re locking the bootloader with supercid, but to install an OTA you will have to relock bootloader and change cid from 11111111 to whatever carrier you are trying to OTA. I personally have an ATT CWS__001, changed CID to 11111111 with fastboot oem writecid 11111111. (get prop cid is still CWS__001) Ran older Dev edition ruu, installed fine without locking or changing cid. Booted and system Downloaded OTA, of course wouldnt install due to improper system files. Fastboot oem lock and fastboot oem write cid BS_US001 was all i needed to successfully install the OTA. NO HEX EDIT needed.
    +1

Finally managed to get it working after a bit of messing around, OTA came straight through! Installed fine as well. It's taken a day but I've got there, an OTA update at last lol. Let me know if you need any help
    my updates so far............

copied the rom.zip file to the adb folder

locked the bootloader

fastboot oem rebootRUU

Now booted to the black HTC screen

fastboot flash zip Rom.zip

This takes a couple minutes and i get an error
    (pre-hboot update: please flush immediately)

now i simply reflash the rom.zip

This time it all goes smoothly & i get a success message everywhere possible however the progress on the htc screen gets stuck with the green bar not wanting to proceed after maybe 90%

I'm clueless now :(

Have you tried it without pulling the rom.zip? Maybe i missed somethin and you have a reason for doing it like this... If so i apologize for the useless post lol. you shouldn't have to go through all of that trouble to update. Verify that the ruu md5 checksum is good, make sure you have supercid or the correct cid for the ruu, (supercid preferred) then boot to bootloader and run the ruu from your PC. You only need the fastboot oem writecid version. The hex editing other partitions version is not needed.
    Sometimes when i run a ruu when the phone is booted normally i would have issues. I never have issues when running from fastboot. You dont have to do anything different, just reboot to fastboot/hboot and run ruu from PC. If it still fails, try a different cable and a different USB port. Preferably a port directly on the motherboard and not from a front panel usb hub. Good luck! and again if you have your reasons for doing it like you are trying then i apologize.. Flash-on! ;)
    my updates so far............

copied the rom.zip file to the adb folder

locked the bootloader

fastboot oem rebootRUU

Now booted to the black HTC screen

fastboot flash zip Rom.zip

This takes a couple minutes and i get an error
    (pre-hboot update: please flush immediately)

now i simply reflash the rom.zip

This time it all goes smoothly & i get a success message everywhere possible however the progress on the htc screen gets stuck with the green bar not wanting to proceed after maybe 90%

I'm clueless now :(

Mine did the same, just used the fastboot reboot command and all was good! Don't worry about the green bar not filling up